Cathletic Supporters Week of 10/6-10/12

workoutaholic

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I am putting off my bunion surgery indefinitely, and so I started FitnessFreak's get ready for summer 2008 rotation today. I was supposed to do 4DS LIS/HIS Upper Body premix today, but I let a friend use it last week, so I just did the upper body weights from BM2. I thought oh, this is shorter, this won't be bad, but I was shaking by the end and could barely lift my arms for a few hours. I can't imagine doing the double upper body premix from that DVD!

I have also started to record the weights I use during a workout on those worksheets floating around. So I am excited about using that and actually having a PLAN.

Eating was good today!

How are you peeps doing?

Hi everyone,

I have only two seconds. Today is kickbox day and so far, the eating is okay. Yesterday I got a little happy with the nuts but today is better, not feeling as squirrelly.

Murph

Hey guys,

WOA (short for "workoutaholic"), I am very impressed that you have a plan. It is much easier said than done. I started a rotation, than missed a day, then keep getting distracted. I completed the second week of october 2008, but instead of yoga, I did a 35 minute run using cardiocoach, which I just started using today, and really am impressed. We'll see if is motivates me to do lots of steady state cardio, which I more or less hate. I'll have to check out the summer rotation that you are embarking on. Maybe instead of a month rotation, I should stick to a week rotation. Here's to us focussing! Thanks for the inspiration, I need it. I ate pretty good today, but just had 5 mini reeses cups. I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Murph,

Good job for not being squirrelly with the nuts today! Have a great day tomorrow!

Have a peaceful night,

Just finished intervals 1-5 of Imax 2, and the abs from C&W. I had chicken and spaghetti squash for dinner tonight before my workout, and now the carb fairies in the kitchen are calling.

Imax 2 was actually a bit easier than the last time I did it, even if I did only do the first half. : )

Hi everyone,

Today is the weight portin of LIS and HIS. I have been eating okay, ate a few too many cookies last night, but was good with the Doritos, my favorites. Funny, if I wasn't trying to distract and redirect my DD with the cookies, I would not have eaten any.

WOA - kudos to you for doing IMAX. I just cannot get down the footwork.

Murph

phantom fluid pounds

or was it the brownies? lol. Anyway I put on 5 pounds but I bet it comes right back off because its right around my cycle. I've been good about the exercise. Ok. A little overboard. But it helps me with anxiety and I had some of that over the last 5 days. Ick. Still. I'm starting to feel a little better. I bought Cathe's resistance bands at Big 5 this afternoon and asked for the lifting gloves but they just didn't seem to have any in stock. I saw the mat but I already have a yoga mat. I watched the little bitty dvd that came with it.

Su off
Monday I did 20 min of jog/rope then 2 mile hike. Later in the day I tried RS. (no risers.) Soooo much fun!
Tuesday Low Impact Step I'm in the last two weeks of the beginner's rotation.
W Kathy Smith Hi/Lo 30 min.
Th BF
F Kathy Smith Abs/Thighs
Sa Kick it! (old kick boxing video, not Cathe)
Su off (but thats another week)

WOA- worksheets sounds like a good idea.
You have carb fairies too? They seem to know me by name!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Today is an unplanned rest day but that is okay. I am sore from these past few days and welcome the recovery. The eating has been okay. I am slowing getting better, adjusting to not eating every cookie or chip in the bag. I never knew I did not have to eat the whole bag once I opened it. ;-)

Murph

ok. . .

I'm down one of those pounds. Still. Ugh. I think we are getting a new tv. Its flickering black/white and tie die colors. Its my mother's birthday. I (according to her) am pale. Why, I don't know. I did BF this morning and it was fun. I find that I tend to want to sip some water frequently through out my workout. I drink at every perceived exertion check. My mouth gets dry. Thats the one thing about my workouts that I don't like, is dry mouth.

I'm down one of those pounds. Still. Ugh. I think we are getting a new tv. Its flickering black/white and tie die colors. Its my mother's birthday. I (according to her) am pale. Why, I don't know. I did BF this morning and it was fun. I find that I tend to want to sip some water frequently through out my workout. I drink at every perceived exertion check. My mouth gets dry. Thats the one thing about my workouts that I don't like, is dry mouth.

Hi RB,
Drinking water is a sore spot for me, too. I have to drink throughout my workout, probably because I don't drink enough during the day. Probably I subconsciously don't want to stop working to go pee every 15 minutes :).

Hi Murph,
When I eat every cookie and/or chip in the bag, I rationalize it by thinking that I am saving myself from eating it later, and therefore selflessly creating a healthy environment for myself. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Hi WOA,
Good job for the workout and chicken/spaghetti squash the other day. Spaghetti squash sounds really good! My vegetable choices have been uninspired these days, I think I'll buy some squash. There are carb fairies in my kitchen, too, but at my house they seem to have a symbiotic relationship with the darned fat a** fairies! I need Cathe to help me exorcise them!

The past week I did:
PUB, kickmax, PLB, cardio coach 35 min run x 2 days, today I did muscle max, except I didn't do the ab part b/c I ran out of time. Tomorrow I'm going to start Timesaver, I just bought it on ebay (probably bootleg...). The eating has been marginal but not atrocious. Breakfasts/lunches are good, but I don't do so well at dinner. I turned down cake twice this week at work, and felt a little self-righteous in a bad way, but the second time, I felt self-righteous in a good way :rolleyes: if there is such a thing.

I hope everyone is going great,
Have a peaceful night,
Lisa

Rapidbreath, my brother's birthday is today and my mom's is tomorrow. I'm sure she'll have some lovely things to say to me also. : ) She's not nearly as bad as my grandma though. Here's to hoping all your pounds go away as quickly as they came. I hate pounds, any pounds. : )

Sugarbean, a weekly rotation sounds good to me! I am not so sure about this summer rotation I'm doing b/c you do upper body twice, lower body once, and then a circuit. Maybe I'll do a leg-only circuit to even things out.

Murph, I am so excited for you on getting better with eating. It is such a great feeling to look back and say yeah, that's right, I did what I wanted to this time, and not what the food wanted me to.

Good job ladies! I did pyramid lower body yesterday, I thought my legs were going to fall off after that floor work. I did pyramid upper today, but only pyramid up, my in-laws are here.

Last edited:
Good Morning All,

Today I used my WiiFit and did the boxing segment. My shoulders and arms are feeling it. I also did some balance work. I am going to try to use the WiiFit more. I don't want anything I paid for to collect dust, plus it is a nice change to the usual.

Have a great and healthy weekend everyone. See you Monday.

Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.