Cathletic Supporters Sept. 9

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Are we changing our name or sticking with that one?

Its afternoon here in sunny CA already. Being the (severe) newbie that I am I did Low Impact Step for the first time this morning and had so much fun with it. My eating is pretty clean but I did make it out of the house without a packed snack and that was a mistake. I made do by stopping at the grocery store and got some trail mix (raisins, peanuts, almonds, and yes some chocolate.) Came home and had some roast chicken. I don't like to be in that position. Of late I've been snacking on crudites a lot (don't know what got into me.) and usually its simple carrots, celery, and sliced cucumber with small amount of homemade dip. Breakfast is usually a hard boiled egg pre workout and now its a banana post workout, and evening meal is protein and a vegetable. I love artichokes :) yummo!

Lisa- I hope you found your resistance band however if you don't come to it Cathe sells a set of them. Did you lose a normal one or a Cathe band? Personally I would be afraid to measure my body fat. I know the answer wouldn't be good so clearly that butts/guts workout is already working because you have the gutts to find out what your body fat is. I tried the Benedict equation and it seems to think I would be on maintenance with 2200 calories a day, that seems just ridiculously high. I don't think I could even eat that much, maybe thats for men not for women.

Natalie- I hope the book is coming along well.

I accidentally posted on the 9/7 check in so I'm re-posting,...

Hi all,

I justed finished reading this book a few days ago. Lots of good stuff in there. Are you all following the exercise guidelines too or just the nutrition?

Hello Friends,

Alisha- I am also a severe newbie, and am right there with you. I started doing step on 8/16, and am excited because I like it and have been able to stick to it. I get lost on some of the combinations, like in Rhythmic Step, but I just repeat the combo over until I get it- I can get through the first two but have to repeat the second one a couple of times. It's all about getting exercise though. I have been packing my food every day for work to simplify decision making ;), so things won't become tempting. It's usually the only way I can get through. No I haven't found my resistance band, and since I know that it is in this house somewhere, I can't justify getting another one just yet. Although if I can't find it for real in a week or so, I guess I'll just have to spring for another one...

Deana-
Hello, I haven't finished the book yet, but I am doing 1500 cal/day with 30%protein 20% fat and 50% carb, and doing weights and cardio 6 days/week (3/3). I have not gotten to the part about exercise, except for the part that he talks about body morphology. When he described the different ones, I thought I was spot on an endomorph, and got a little depressed when he prescribed cardio 7 days/week in order to not be fat. He should have talked about the good aspects of being an endomorph, like how we our bodies are sooooo efficienct that we are like camels and could survive famine after famine ... :). Anyway, I am pretty excited about it, I have done it for a week now, and am pretty pleased. What do you think?
Lisa

Hi ladies, it's so funny that you are posting this now...I just got finished going through this book! I had to make a summary of it in Word (albeit a 20 page summary) so I could learn the major points - so much info! It's really an awesome book though, and I love how someone (TV) is finally honest that you're going to have to work hard, make adjustments, and find what's right for you, but gives you starting points.

I am doing 1600 calories with the 50-30-20 ratio, and actually started today! Everything was great until dinner. Still had a very healthy, low cal dinner, but did not necessarily follow the ratio. I ate 5 times, with about 3 hours between meals, and got in the step premix from C&W.

My biggest problem is dinner (or the last time I eat for the day) - I would like something more interesting than just the basics for that meal. If you guys have ideas let me know...in the meantime I'll be combing my cookbooks for recipes that are clean and that follow the ratio.

Looking forward to it!

Oh and I ordered the fat caliper and am anxiously awaiting finding out just how flubby I actually am. : ) I am going to follow his cardio recommendations but do Cathe's and Amy's weight DVDs instead of what he suggests for weights. For pure weights, I have Cathe's S&H, Gym Style, 4 DS, PP/SS, Pyramids, and Amy's Slow-Mo.

Every time I think I don't want to eat by the plan, or I think it's not worth it to deprive myself, I am going to try and think about you guys and how you're doing it, too, and how this food actually is very good - I'm just conditioned to so much sugar and fat and I can get conditioned to like truly clean foods as well.

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,
I think it's one of the best books out there for sure. He provides lots explanations and support which I like. I like to understand why I am doing something! I think if you follow his nutrition guidelines you will see great results. Nutrition is the most important part of body transformation. I am an endo-meso blend, I think, not entirely sure. So that means cardio for me too!

Hey workout - you sound so excited that's great! you have some of my favorite weight workout routines - especially Amy's slo mo. I love love that routine!!!

you will love the caliper, but it takes a while getting used to. At first my #s were all over the place.

The hardest part about following the nutrition program is the planning - doesn't take so much work??? i hate that part, but it's so important to plan out what you are eating before hand.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.