Cathletic Supporters Sep 7 Check In

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope everyone slept well- I know I did, there's nothing like a Sunday morning sleep-in (til 6:30 ;)).

Hi Rapidbreath, nice to hear from you again,

I too have more trouble with the food rather than the workouts (anymore anyway.) As far as food goes I do the calorie cycling routine and aim for low carb cause of my insulin receptors not being too fabulous. If I don't beat them up with sugars I may get to have them for longer and avoid type 2 diabetes entirely.

I am with you on the preventing "the sugar (diabetes)", both my parents and all of my grandparents developed type 2, so it's time for me to stop flogging my poor little genetically inferior pancreas and lose some weight. Whoa! Nightly yoga instead of TV! I like how you think. I don't know if I can do that, but I would like to. Maybe I'll try that once/week.

Ouch, getting up at 4:30 sounds like a wonderful cure for the will to live. but it sure would be worth not having to come home after work and exercise. When the workout is done in the AM, you feel like no matter what happens, you started the day ahead of the game. Good luck with that. If it will help you, I will send you a quick post at 5.
3_4_102.gif

Hi Carmen,
Good for you for advancing your jogging! Is 4DS a mixture of other weight workouts? I have a rotation, but am still experimenting with it. I changed my rest day from Sunday to Friday because I have more time on Sunday AM. Good luck with your endeavors. You are not alone!
432.gif

Hi Beth,
I just completed my first week of BFFM, and I was pleasantly surprised. The most painful part was planning the food at the beginning of the week, but it took the angst out of picking what to eat on a daily basis, I didn't get hungry, in fact, I had to make myself eat because I wasn't hungry, and I had a lot more energy. At my job, we have afternoon conferences that are in a semi-darkened room and I have avoided power point coma all week!
confettistars.gif

If you decide to get in there and do it, let us know, and if you decide it's too much, keep posting with us on peanut gallery status!
dance2.gif

Nat,
I know you're out there, probably busy with life, but hope all is well.

Well, I am off to do low impact circuit, which takes 103 minutes, which is why I'll be doing it on weekends!

Well,
waving.gif

I'll BBL,

Lisa

Hey there everyone!

You're right Lisa - I'm here just too busy to actually type! I started reading this a.m. - skimming mostly but I did figure my TDEE and what I need to reduce that by to lose weight. Easier than I thought it would be actually. I like the idea of the zig-zag calorie thing. Do you do that? Makes sense. I also got a 35 minute run in this a.m. It is beautiful weather up here today which makes the running a lot easier.

Good for you for starting this new thread! You're good at keeping everyone motivated!

Talk to you guys later!

natalie

Hi Nat,
Good job for doing your run. No running during daylight hours here because it is stinking hot and humid (>100 degrees). I like the idea of the zigzag thing too, but I was a little overwhelmed with the logistics of counting it all out, so I've just done the standard 1500 calorie 50% carb 30% protein 20% fat 5 meals/day thing, wrote it all out, it took a couple of hours for me. I'm not used to counting things out so exactly. I actually measured out all my food this past week though. I've lost four lbs this past week, but I know it's water. When my calipers get here, I'll start measuring all my fat (can't wait). I did the first 40 minutes of body max 2, but stopped when she got to the power circuits. This is supposed to be a rest day, but I'm revamping things to have Fridays be the rest day. I'm eating fiber one key lime yogurt and a scoop of protein powder now, it's pretty tasty, I might freeze it. I made a smoothie yesterday with a banana, coconut extract, ice, and protein powder, and I was an idiot and had put the bananas in the freezer without taking the skin off. That was a mess. I'm also making a huge pot of 15 bean soup that I'll eat all week. Now I have to do the week o' meals planning and execution and go to the store. Have a great day,
Lisa

Hi all,

I justed finished reading this book a few days ago. Lots of good stuff in there. Are you all following the exercise guidelines too or just the nutrition?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.