Cathletic Supporters 10/13-10/20

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hello All!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I did Drill Max for the first time yesterday, and made it through challenge number 5, except I wasn't able to do the crazy "core" pushups where she is like spiderwoman crawling on the floor. It was a lot of fun! My knees are twinging today, though, and I'm supposed to do slow and heavy legs tonight (I'm starting the October rotation late). Eating has not exactly been clean, but working on it. What are you guys up to?

Hey Lisa!

Just wanted to check in a say "Hi!" I hope you and your family are well!

I'm still doing well on my workouts, pretty good on eating. Actually have lost a few pounds from moving I think. Hopefully I'll keep them off!

Let me know how slow and heavy is! Have you done them before? They are supposed to be so good!

Ava is having her tonsils out on Wednesday. We're a little nervous, but hoping that it really helps with the sleep issues. We are all really lacking and it is affecting everything! I'm so tired so I don't feel like I'm making the progress I want to with my workouts and working out makes me even more tired and on edge! Gee whiz!

No word on your exam results I presume...

Talk to you soon!

natalie

Hey Lisa!

Just wanted to check in a say "Hi!" I hope you and your family are well!

I'm still doing well on my workouts, pretty good on eating. Actually have lost a few pounds from moving I think. Hopefully I'll keep them off!

Let me know how slow and heavy is! Have you done them before? They are supposed to be so good!

Ava is having her tonsils out on Wednesday. We're a little nervous, but hoping that it really helps with the sleep issues. We are all really lacking and it is affecting everything! I'm so tired so I don't feel like I'm making the progress I want to with my workouts and working out makes me even more tired and on edge! Gee whiz!

No word on your exam results I presume...

Talk to you soon!

natalie

Hi Natalie!

Great to hear from you! Good for you for sticking to the workouts/clean eats even though you're not sleeping, that makes it extra hard! I hope your move went well and you are nice and settled in.

I did slow and heavy legs today for the first time, and it was pretty good- mostly squats and lunges. Cathe does the plie squats with a 40 lb dumb bell, and I only have 12's, so I did it with both of them, and got a good burn, but probably could have gone with more. That being said, I'm sure I'll yelp when I get out of bed tomorrow. I did Drill Max yesterday, and I loved it, even though I could only get through 5 of the 6 drills- my daughter was like "mom, you're not finished yet", and was rolling the stability ball to me helpfully, and I was in a heap on the sofa, saying "mommy's not as strong as Cathe yet, honey".

I am sending you and your family healing vibes for the tonsillectomy this week, I bet your daughter will feel so much better, not to mention you'll get precious sleep! Not sleeping colors your world a little off.

No word on exam results yet. As the time comes closer for the scores to be out, I can feel my nerves drawing taut, so subtly that I won't fully realize it until they come and I know I passed.

Tomorrow is KPC. I started doing Cathe's October rotation today. I hope you get lots of sleep tonight,

Cheers :D

Hi everyone,

I have been dong well with the exercise and the eating. Yesterday was a rest day but today is a Tracie Long day and tomorrow and Thursday are Amy Bento APX days. I hope I can get through it all and I hope I can continue with my eating.

Murph

Hi ladies, I have not posted in a while, but we went to Disneyworld Friday and came back last night. My husband's sister and her family went for a week, so my MIL/FIL came through here from Texas to meet them for the weekend, and we went, too. We live in NW Florida. Friday and Saturday, I was really really good. And then Sunday/Monday, not so much. And today, not so much. : )

But I'm headed to the grocery store after Jude (my kiddo) wakes up from his nap, and then I'm back on the wagon. Uh, I'm feeling totally sick from all the nasty food I've been eating. I bought KPC/L&G from the Firm Ya-ya's and got it in, so I'm excited about that! I need to figure out what day I'm on from the summer 2008 rotation and which workout to do tonight.

Let's have a good week! I'm not stressing about my last few days of eating and working out!

Last edited:
random weight fluctuations

and semi-clean-ish eating.

I did LIS this morning. Yesterday was a hike/wog. about 50 minutes. I've been getting better about the eating. I'm measuring my peanut butter and counting my chocolate chips. (semi-sweet) And when I got full 3/4 of the way through my subway sandwich I threw the rest out. The whole thing was only 5 dollars sooo .25 of 5 is 1.25. Which is a lot less than any weight watcher's meeting (not that I've ever been to one.) I was up a few pounds and now I'm only one pound away from my record low the week before. So, I'm ok.

WOA so cool about the WDW I used to work there btw :) I've earned my ears. I worked in the MGM studios (now its called something else btw.)

Hi Lisa- I've been hearing good things about Drill Max, should I get that? I admit I'm just a little bit scared. . .

Hi everyone,

I have been dong well with the exercise and the eating. Yesterday was a rest day but today is a Tracie Long day and tomorrow and Thursday are Amy Bento APX days. I hope I can get through it all and I hope I can continue with my eating.

Murph
Hiya Murph- you can absolutely get through it all and continue with your clean eating. Just though I would underscore your hope :D You are a good influence on me.

WOA:
(I can't figure out how to quote more than once, so I'm pasting...)
"I bought KPC/L&G from the Firm Ya-ya's and got it in, so I'm excited about that! I need to figure out what day I'm on from the summer 2008 rotation and which workout to do tonight.

Let's have a good week! I'm not stressing about my last few days of eating and working out!"

I did KPC today for the second time, and I get it more this time. I really like it because it is low impact, I hope to someday get some weighted gloves to go with it. I still like step better, but it is a nice change. I don't pivot to the floor like she does when she does her cross punches, b/c I am a chicken about my knees, but I definitely got sweaty. I ate like total crap this past weekend, and I wasn't at Disney World, just at my boring house. I ate lots of little Halloween mini Reese's cups. BAAAAAD. I did exercise 2 out of the past 3 days though. We are having a GOOD WEEK!!!!!!:D:D:D

RB:
"I did LIS this morning. Yesterday was a hike/wog. about 50 minutes. I've been getting better about the eating. I'm measuring my peanut butter and counting my chocolate chips. (semi-sweet) And when I got full 3/4 of the way through my subway sandwich I threw the rest out. The whole thing was only 5 dollars sooo .25 of 5 is 1.25. Which is a lot less than any weight watcher's meeting (not that I've ever been to one.) I was up a few pounds and now I'm only one pound away from my record low the week before. So, I'm ok.

Hi Lisa- I've been hearing good things about Drill Max, should I get that? I admit I'm just a little bit scared. . .
10-14-2008 03:01 PM
Hi RR,
I like to wog too, as in save the knees and prevent uterine prolapse- WOG! Good job for hitting your weight numbers. I have somehow managed to gain 3 lbs in two days, and fervently hope it is fluid. Drill Max, while I too was very afraid, is now my favorite one. Get it, it's worth it. The steps aren't too hard but they are creative and effective, it is not boring, it is high impact at times, but you can low impact it down and still get a heck of a workout.

Cheers to all,
here's to a very happy, peaceful, healthy, mindful week,
Lisa

Hi all,

Got a work out in but was really annoyed at my daughter for not sleeping so I did not put all of the effort I could have and should have into it. Plus, my knee is crackling. It always did, b/c of arthritis, but for some reason, it was real loud today. Anyway, exercising and good eating to all of you. Speaking of good eating, does anyone watch Good Eats on the foodnetwork? I love that guy Alton Brown (?).

I too recommend DM. I love to hate it.

Murph

Murph, I can totally relate with the sleeping thing. My kiddo was a horrible sleeper until around 10 months, and I didn't work out one bit throughout it, and i ate my weight probably in brownies. I have never seen Good Eats.

Rapidbreath, WDW is like a city! I can't believe how huge it was. And Drill Max is pretty darned hard.

Lisa, KPC comes up a few times on the rotation I'm doing, so I will let you know when I try it. I previewed it and there's some parts where Cathe looks like she is workin' for it.

I had a pretty good eating day, and I just did the leg circuit from LIC. My kiddo has been sick all day and is in bed, so I hope he does not wake up all night.

oat meal

Two bowls. I just really couldn't help myself. It was so tasty. Only 1/8 cup of raisins. A little coconut oil (for the old metabolism.) And I'd been so hungry on my hike (even though I had two slices of toast before hand.) I was good though I added two scoops of protein powder and a ton of cinnamon. (no sugar.)

I've been fighting icky intestinal stuff for two days and last night I took a pro-biotic and it finally put a stop to the pain. Wow. I love bugs. Little bitty ones that are really expensive. 2 dollars a pill. 50 billion of them. But darn it I thought I was gonna be a past tense.

Murph- I love Good Eats. I also like Sandra Lee, Giada, and Robin Miller (Quick Fix Meals.) Alton is waaay funny. I wish there was a fun chef (the ones I've seen are real sleepers and seem so concentrated on being holier-than thou that they dont' count.) who did clean eating. A focus on simple, inexpensive and tasty clean eating.

WOA- WDW is a city. Only populated by alligators. The city is Lake Buena Vista. Its not actually in Orlando at all. Just a tid bit of trivia. The fun part is that in CA the Disney Credit Union (Partners) is on Buena Vista in Burbank. Both parks are in Orange Counties.

I have had a lousy two days for exercise. Between the baby having a bad cough, the oldest not sleep and needing to clean the house, I have not gotten anything done. I hope to get back on track next week.

Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.