Cathe's new tubings

firemedic

Cathlete
Has anyone purchased and tried Cathe's new tubings? I would really like to have a light one and was wondering how they are? I may even get a new entire set. I have the blue one from XTRAIN and it still feels very tight for me, so I was just wondering how anyone feels about them. I want ones from a company I can trust but at a good price.

I purchased the tubing with handles and also the firewalker bands last week but haven't gotten them yet. My current tubing set is so old they needed replacing. I feel confident that I will like the tubing because I have always loved Cathe's firewalker bands and am so glad those are back! I also was motivated to purchase the tubing and bands because then I can better gauge what resistance I need (I can perfectly match what resistance Cathe is using if I want, etc).

I got the set of tubing and used the red one when doing Cathe Live 322 - Fantastic Elastic. It was perfect. A few times I could probably used the blue band - but I'm happy with this purchase.

I got Cathe's red tubing and I love it! I can lift 5 to 8 pounds like for biceps and shoulders. If that can give you a range how someone like me has strength. If you need to put your foot on the band and then stretch it over head, this was perfect for me. It was stretchy and I still felt challenged. If you find some of the exercises for the tube is to easy you can always double it.

As for the fire Walker band I bought the variety, 4. I found that the pink band is a little bit longer (easy) then the others. But, like an inch more, nothing too crazy. But, if I were you I would buy the variety pack because you may need a harder firewalker band on some exercises and then on others you might need more length.

Hopes this help! By the way I don't make any money with this review! Just wanted to help those buying these. They are still great!!

Hope this helps,

Jennifer Denny

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the lighter one and see. I do enjoy knowing what one Cathe uses and matching it if I can. I don't need firewalker loops because I bought a few boxes of those and the long bands before Cathe stopped selling them a few years ago and I still have a few unopened boxes.

I don't need firewalker loops because I bought a few boxes of those and the long bands before Cathe stopped selling them a few years ago and I still have a few unopened boxes.

me too :) wanted to be prepared for breakage . I also bought the grey heavy duty band - haven't use it yet. I'm happy with the tubing and so glad Cathe is selling these.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the lighter one and see. I do enjoy knowing what one Cathe uses and matching it if I can. I don't need firewalker loops because I bought a few boxes of those and the long bands before Cathe stopped selling them a few years ago and I still have a few unopened boxes.
Would you sell Cathe's Long Bands??? I have her firewalker bands, but I don't have any of her longer bands! If you would considering selling them you can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Jennifer Denny

Would you sell Cathe's Long Bands??? I have her firewalker bands, but I don't have any of her longer bands! If you would considering selling them you can contact me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Jennifer Denny
I looked at exactly what I have. I only have 1 box of long bands left and 3 firewalker boxes. I'm sorry, if I had 1 more extra, I would have happily sent it to you. I bought more firewalker loops because they don't seem to last as long as the long bands do. I'm so sorry I can't help.

Where is a good place to purchase long bands??
I have the new tubes and lots of loops, but I would like to still have a long band for some moves. Where Cathe no longer sells them I have looked elsewhere, but I have found that other brands are often too short. Any suggestions??

Where is a good place to purchase long bands??
I have the new tubes and lots of loops, but I would like to still have a long band for some moves. Where Cathe no longer sells them I have looked elsewhere, but I have found that other brands are often too short. Any suggestions??
Before I bought Cathe's, I use to use Therabands. I would get the 6ft long ones. You can find them on Amazon in different strengths. I know there are different brands out there as well but I've only had Cathe's or Theraband. Amazon even has a set of 3 that are 7ft long if you are taller. I'm 5'6" and the 6ft ones are great for me. I hope you find what you need. Happy New Year.

I haven't looked lately, but I bought a bulk box of theraband thru amazon and I cut them to the right length. I dont think color of the band is consistent with different manufacturers. I had just done PT at a clinic, and bought the color of theraband I had used there. royal blue.

I just bought cathes tubing. used it yesterday first time for the warm up to perfect 30. she used double green but I thought it was too stiff so went to red and doubled it. that was just right. I imagine these will loosen up a little with use.

I had the blue band that Cathe used in the XTrain series. I broke it, so I replaced with the blue band she sells now. The new one is slightly easier than the old one, but I'm not as strong as I was when I had the original one, so it's perfect for me. I've used it with the Perfect 30 work outs and it's just right, although I don't double it up.

Happy New Year!

Buyer beware......the color of the tubing isn't always the strength you should be using. In Perfect Pump upper body, I followed along with green tubing since that is what Cathe and crew seemed to be using, yet more than half way through the video she mentions she is using medium tension (which would be blue). Ouch...no wonder it hurt!!! Note to self...definitely watch the intro to each video!!!

I bought the set and have been happy with them. I end up using all the tensions of the tubing for different things.The handles swivel easily and are super comfy!

I bought the set and have been happy with them. I end up using all the tensions of the tubing for different things.The handles swivel easily and are super comfy!
I agree. I like the handles on these better than the one that I purchased from Cathe that she used in XTRAIN. I'm very happy with my new tubing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.