Cathe's barbell weight in live

kfoxyloxy

Cathe, when using a barbell in your live workouts you say to use big, medium, and small plates (or something like that). What is the actual weight of the plates? Could you also tell me the weight of the bar itself?

I can't tell you how much I love the live workouts. If you ever want to do another imax live I wouldn't mind. :)

Karen

Cathe, when using a barbell in your live workouts you say to use big, medium, and small plates (or something like that). What is the actual weight of the plates? Could you also tell me the weight of the bar itself?

I can't tell you how much I love the live workouts. If you ever want to do another imax live I wouldn't mind. :)

Karen

The weights are 2.2 lbs, 5.5 lbs and 11 lbs. The bar weighs about 3 1/2 pounds

Please help because I am learning too and just starting with Cathe Live.

When she says to use about 40 lbs., there is the bar and there are two large plates on each end so this amounts to about 47.5 lbs?

Please help because I am learning too and just starting with Cathe Live.

When she says to use about 40 lbs., there is the bar and there are two large plates on each end so this amounts to about 47.5 lbs?
I believe when she says 40 lbs it is total weight (both bar and plates). I can't remember if her bar is 10 or 15 pounds.

The bar is only about 4 lbs.
How then does Cathe arrive at "about 40 lbs." if the bar is only 4 lbs. and each large plate is 11 lbs. Most of the workouts show the bar and two large plates on either end. Is she using 48 lbs. for herself?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.