Cathe, Your Opinion Please

Annabelle2

Cathlete
I use your workouts and rotations regularly and have for quite a while. I quit smoking about a month ago and figured I would probably have a small weight gain. I am paying particular close attention to my eating while my body makes this adjustment. I have begun to gain a little - I am at a 5 lb gain right now. I really do not want to take my calorie intake down because I am at a healthy calorie count for my body (1400 - 1600)and activity level. I have a sedentary job but I teach aerobics two days a week in addition to my workout schedule, and stay active weekends. My normal week usually consists of either a two or three day split routine, one interval cardio, one kickbox or high low and one step or steady state with 30 minutes to an hour of yoga practice added on. My question is would it kick up my metabolism and be ok for my muscle tone to do two total body workouts a week, two interval cardios a week and two steady state cardios a week for a month or so and then go back to my split routine?

I would really like to hear any opinions from anyone who has tried this type routine after doing splits or someone who has kicked up their metabolism.

Thank you.

Hi Kathy!!
I think the rotation you are considering sounds GREAT! Of course, that type of rotation works really well for me. My body responds really well to 2 total body workouts per week. Right now, I am doing 2intervals of cardio, 1 steady state cardio, one total body workout, and 2 C & W workouts per week w/ one rest day. I've lost 2lbs in 3 weeks. That's pretty good for me considering I was stuck for SO LONG!!!

I also want to say CONGRATS on kicking the smoking habit!!! I know you are small and petite and 5lbs can "appear" a bit much...BUT I know that you look AWESOME!!!! I don't think a 5lb gain is too bad considering what you are getting in return!!! I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds here in saying that:)

Give that grandbaby a BIG hug for me!!

take care:)
Gloria

Gloria! Hello - I am glad to hear this is working for you, now it makes me really want to try it more! Kiss to your Grandbaby also! You have not overstepped bounds at all. I feel gloriously free from the habit which I replaced with yoga, I use the breathing exercises everytime my mind thinks I want that nasty cigarette and it has worked very well for me, I just want to nip the gain in the bud and keep it from getting out of hand!!!! Especially since we are coming up on October, November, December.....

Thanks for replying Gloria and have a wonderful day!

I had to ask. I thought it was an exercise move in Cathe videos I didn't own yet.

I was a little disappointed. :D

Hi Kathy! Congrats on quitting!!! That's awesome! Have you checked out or tried any of A-jock's mish moshes to shake things up? I think adding one or two of her mish moshes would shake things up a lot regardless of what type of rotation you decide to follow. Be forwarned...some of that mish moshing is CRAZY stuff, but definitely check them out!!!
Angela:7

Kathy - Have you tried cycling your calories? I had a lot of success with it without changin my exercise routine. I'm not suggesting you should not change routine, but the cylcing made me lose around 5 lbs. effortlessly. I averaged the same amount of calories every week, but ate more varying levels each day as opposed to the same calorie level each day. WTG on quitting smoking. I have been smoke-free for many years, and I am so glad I made that decision. Good luck!

Gogigi - HI! Great suggestion - She posted those on the rotation section didn't she? I am going to go check those out - great idea! and Thanks!!! Nice to see you!

Tsut - I cycled my calories once a while back to get over a plateau, I didn't think of that but it might work, it is a good idea!

Thank you ladies!

Kathy,

Hi!!! I just wanted to say hello...long time no see! WTG on quitting smoking...I'm so happy for you! I have been quit for almost 9 years now, and it was the best thing I ever did!

Good luck Kathy!

Gloria - hey there! :D

Renee

---bump to bring the other 3 year old thread down
----------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.