Cathe, what to do with weak side?

bettyboo

Hi Cathe,

First, just wanted to say I have fallen in love with your workouts! I have collected 32 of yours in the last 6 months (my DH says I get no Christmas presents this year because of you, LOL. Don't worry, I'll change that!). I love your energy and the athletic style of teaching. I have seen great results and am totally addicted! I read your forum everyday but am a little shy to post very often. But here is goes........

The left side of my upper body (shoulders and arms)is significantly weaker than my right (due to my kind of work, I think). It's actually bigger than my right side but I guess that is because it has to work harder to keep up. I notice it especially with lying extensions (like in S&H, triceps). I can use an 8lb dumbbell for the first set but have to go down to 5lb for the second and third (without a spotter). My right side is not getting worked enough and my left side is tired far too early. Do you have any tips for me in increasing strength on my weak side? Should I be doing another set for that side of the body? I don't want my left side to get any bigger as the size difference is noticeable so I'm worried about working it more, but if that is what it takes to catch up to my strong side, I'm game. Please let me know your advise (as well as others. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem :) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.