Cathe, what is your favorite treadmill brand?

bigbadbrandini

Cathlete
I'm preparing to make my first treadmill purchase this spring and would like to know what kind of treadmill you prefer to use. Any other suggestions are welcome. I've researched the treadmill page on your website (the Cybex link is out of date I think) but would still like to know what kind of treadmill you are using.

Thank you!

I have a TRUE, one of the lower-end models (about 2K) and have had it for 2 years and I LOVE it. It gets alot of use between my husband, daughter and myself and never have had a problem with it.

I have a TRUE brand treadmill, too. It was the best quality I could afford at the time I bought it and it has held up very well. I regret not springing for the orthopedic belt, though. It's a cushier belt. There are a lot of reviews of treadmills online you can find. you may want to post this question on the Open forum and others may be able to give you more detailed info. I know there was a discussion recently about elliptical traineres and there were a lot of good references posted.

-Barb

:)

I have a high end Nordic Trak and love it!! Never had any problems with it and I've been using it for 3 years now. Not as expensive as TRUE but it is wonderful - feels like gym quality!!

I just purchased the Nordic Track Elite 3200 and it's on sale right now with free shipping!!!! It has an adjustable Dura Soft Belt and reduces joint impact up to 33%! I've been using it for a weel and a half and I LOVE it!!!

I'm not Cathe but I do a lot of running & I just got a Pacemaster after having a Proform for 8 years. My new one has a lot more options & is a lot quieter but the Proform served me well & never gave me any trouble & I used it hard. A great web site is treadmill doctors. They have a ton of info. Also, base your decision on how much you plan to use it. I wouldn't spend a lot unless you know you'll be using it a lot. You'll find the more you pay, the more features you'll get. If you plan on using it a lot then the added features keep you from getting bored. Also, be sure to check warranties & service for it in your area, a huge help if anything goes wrong. Have fun shopping!

We've had a Pacemaster for several years and it has been a real workhorse. It has lots of bells and whistles, including pre-programmed workouts and the ability to create your own.

It cost a pretty penny (close to $1800 when we bought it in 2000), but has been a terrific investment and should give us many more years of good use.

We've had a Landice for about 6 years and it's been wonderful. At the time that we bought it we also looked at True and Pacemaster, but we got the best deal on the Landice and haven't regretted it at all. The bed is springy and good for my creaky knees, and it's been a terrific investment.

That being said, I have to say that our even BETTER investment was our Precor elliptical trainer, which we bought for our anniversary 3 years ago. I just love it and I use it more than I do my treadmill these days. But our teenager still runs on the treadmill alot.

Spend some serious time out treadmill shopping, and don't be shy about running for a few minutes on treadmills that you think you might like. They all feel a little different, and you want to make sure that you buy one that suits your body's needs and preferences. Enjoy!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

Thank you everyone! I've been trying a few and so far, the True Z5.4 HRCO is my favorite, but I'd also like to try the new True Excel home series that is coming soon before making a decision. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Peace!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.