Cathe wants FOUR ideas, not just one!

wendyloo

Cathlete
Just read that you are looking for FOUR new ideas, not just one...

1. One body part per day--heavy, slow (somewhere between PS and SH) , 25 to 30 minutes per body part??? I posted this already. (We could push/pull this ourselves no matter how you set it up!) Mostly dumbells, but with barbell work for the back espcially. Real strength work! (Not endurance)

2. Stylized Step sounds great--hopefully all new choreography, intense but a bit slower (within safety guidelines) and a bit lower impact--RS was great! That doesn't mean low intensity--just moves that are intense even if we chose to take the jumps out!

3. Kickbox of some sort--on or off the step.

4. Something new and different, using stability and med balls, focusing on balance, core strength, body weight resistance, FLOORWORK and stretch. Advanced exercisers need flexibility and functional strength, and there aren't many advanced workouts out there for these things.

Thanks for considering these ideas!

Yessss! this sounds great! I would love a new and different workout using the balls (since we have them already).

Donna M

YES!!! I love the idea of a core stability / functional fitness / flexibility workout with medicine ball, stability ball, and floorwork. This is a great idea!

My four ideas

Well, first I posted 6 ideas (CTX II), then I misunderstood Cathe's request and only posted 1 idea, so here are my 4 ideas for the new workouts:

1. Hi/Lo Max: 45+/- min. of intense hi/lo concluding with an ab routine using either the stablility ball or medicine ball.
2. Upper Body Max: This could use a push/pull sequence, but what I really would like to see, is a slower count of reps here, maybe 4/4 and using more seated work to favor maximum muscle recruitment. And it could end with some kick butt core work. The whole thing could be about 75 min. in length.
3. Kick Max: This workout could have half an hour of either step kickbox or floor kickbox (it's always nice to have a shorter cardio to fit into other rotations) and half an hour of standing leg work. The leg work could feature famous Cathe moves like low ends and sit and stands.
4. Sylized Step: I did Rhythmic Step this morning and it kicked my butt! I would love to see another one!

(DVDers, the premix could have a '15-15-15 premix, or a '10-10-10 premix' featuring hi/lo, kickbox, and step.)

Thanks for listening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.