Cathe- question about chest work-

JeanBe

Cathlete
Hi Cathe-

First of all I have to tell you how much I am LOVING the new series!! It's motivated me to get up and get moving again after a -yikes-6 month slugfest! I'm sure you know as a busy Mom of two and working full-time( I just returned in Sept- hence the slugfest) how tough it is to keep motivated and make the time to do important things for yourself. Thanks for the wonderfully challenging and motivating workouts!

Question about bench presses and flies-it seems to me that when I am doing either of these moves, I am feeling it more in my arms and just barely on the sides of my chest. I don't think I am feeling it in the center or even a little off center. I know I'm thinking about those muscles while I'm working them and I'm pretty sire the weight is not too heavy or light. Is there some way to know for sure that those are the right muscles? I realize this sounds silly but I can't help feeling I'm missing the real tough work during these exercises. BTW- I also seem to feel it more in my arms for pushups too (you know- the hundreds we do in GS tris and chest}( )

Thanks for any info or advice!
Jean

I'm no expert here, but I seem to feel it more in my arms when I'm doing the chest work, but feel sore in my chest the next day -- so I'm wondering if it's not as noticable while working out, but you're working the chest muscles nonetheless. ???

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.