"Cathe makes you sweat"

lifeisgood

Cathlete
I don't post much but I wanted to share this because I knew you ladies would appreciate it.

Last night my 5 year old was looking through a toy catalog for Christmas ideas and he asked me what I wanted for Christmas. With the new DVD's out I said I'll probably ask for some Cathe workouts and he replied with "Cathe makes you sweat". Yes sweetheart she does :)

What new workouts does everyone recommend or list as the best? I don't think I'll be able to afford the whole series and I want some new workouts that can help me burn some major calories and drop these last 20-25 pounds I keep holding onto. I was eyeing up the Afterburn and Yoga but is there anything else that is a must?

Cindy

"Cathe makes you sweat". Yes sweetheart she does :)

What new workouts does everyone recommend or list as the best? I don't think I'll be able to afford the whole series and I want some new workouts that can help me burn some major calories and drop these last 20-25 pounds I keep holding onto. I was eyeing up the Afterburn and Yoga but is there anything else that is a must?

Cindy

:D Thanks for sharing, Cindy. Your son's cute comment made my day.

As to your question, you are right that Afterburn is a must have. I also LOVE TurboBarre. Because it is so unique (and absolutely fabulous), I think it is well worth having. I haven't done YogaRelax yet, but YogaMax is great. I have many other yoga practices, but what I like about this one (besides Cathe's wonderful and non-mystical instruction) is that she really gives you time at the beginning to get warm and stretched and she holds the poses for a long time. CycleMax is amazing, but if you don't have a spin bike then that will probably have to wait.

I haven't tried the others yet but they all look wonderful. I don't know how you're going to decide, but good luck!

Cindy, I've tried all the new ones except for Upper Body Trisets because I'm nursing tennis elbow. I also don't have Cycle Max because I don't have a spinning bike. I agree that AfterBurn is a must. Turbo Barre is one that hits your legs in a whole different way, & I love it. But, out of all the new ones, I love Athletic Training the most. It has everything in it! All out cardio, muscle building, you name it! You can't go wrong on any of them. I also like Yoga Relax a lot... Check out the reviews here on the Forum & look at the clips - that's your best bet!

I like Slide n'Glide. The yoga disc is fun but not necessary. You would get more traction out of one of Shiva Rea's discs. They have them over on Collage Video with clips.

Thank you for the input, I would love to have a spin bike but that won't be happening anytime soon. I'm really excited for the Yoga Max and hope some of these new workouts can give my knee a break when it starts acting up, usually when I'm running regularly.

Cindy

Athletic Training would be a good choice because it has something of everything.

If you're looking for more of a weight workout, Total Body Trisets really worked me even though I had been focusing on heavy lifting lately--new DOMS in new places.:eek: Your HR stays up so it has a higher calorie burn than other weight workouts.

I've only tried AfterBurn, CycleMax, Turbo Barre and Yoga Relax so far. AfterBurn and CycleMax will definitely burn a lot of calories. I loved it.

Regina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.