Cathe Live - June 26, 2014

I just signed up today for the live streaming. I really enjoyed it, but twice the video would stop and start at the beginning. The cursor wasn't close by and I didn't click on it to stop it or do anything to it. What could be going on?

June 26th broadcast

In the live broadcast there are a number of things that can go wrong that will interrupt the stream. The problem can be on our end, your end or with Ustream. There were a lot of severe thunderstorms in and around our area right before and during the broadcast and that can certainly cause issues, but really hard to say.

All broadcast are recorded so when you now go back to view everything should be fine.

I went back to watch the video posted today from Cathe live and it is working fine. I guess that is just one of the challenges with this technology. I still love having a new video each week. Thanks for the quick response.

Live Streaming

Yes, there are lots of things that can go wrong with a live broadcast, but we also record everything here too just to be safe. It seems lately every night before and morning of the live broadcast we get hit with major thunderstorms and these storms can cause all kinds of problems with the equipment we use. I'm not sure why, but power surges and outages are fairly normal here in Glassboro and I'm sure the electric company will get us sooner or later.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.