Cathe Full Body Workouts

SirenSongWoman

Cathlete
I know this has been asked and answered before but I can't find the threads right now. Please forgive me for bringing this up again. I've only done the GS3-day split but feel it's time to change things up a bit. My results have become stagnant and recent debates here about splits vs. full body (with heavy cardio) have peaked my interest. I have Muscle Max (though I never tried it) and would like to try doing full body three days and heavy cardio (lots of Cardio Coach, I think) on alternate days for awhile just to see how my body reacts. So what full body workouts do you all feel would be good to incorporate? I could do MM time and time again but I think that would be counterproductive. I'm really looking to get the fat off and lean out all over.

Cathe has a few good full body workouts: Power Hour, Muscle Max, Muscle Endurance, Maximum Intensity Strength. You could mix these up each week and do extra cardio if you feel you need to blast some fat off.

I'm glad this thread is here! I've been doing full body and circuit style combined. I'm loving how the fat has melted off and staying off through all my really bad vacation food:)

Anyway, I've been doing Jari Love's advanced rotation. It looks like this:
Monday-Full body (Ripped & Chiseled)
Tuesday-Circuit style (Ripped 1000)
Wednesday- 60 minutes cardio
Thursday-Full Body(R&C)
Friday- circuit(R1000)
Sat- 70 minutes cardio

I'm wondering if I can I continue this pattern with Cathe workouts?
Or should I switch to

Monday Full body
Tuesday Cardio
Wednesday Circuit
Thursday Cardio
Friday Full Body
Sat Cardio

What are Cathe's circuit workouts?

Hi fit44,

Do you use lighter weight than you would normally use on Ripped 1000 since you're doing R&C the day before?

Here's some of Cathe's circuit w/o's. There's probably more, but this is all I could think of for now- All are great w/o's. IMO most are more intense than Ripped 1000.

Step, jump & pump
Cross Train Xpress - Power Circuit
High Step Challenge
Boot Camp
Cardio & weights
Drill Max
Low Impact Circuit

IndyMom,

I began Jari rotation about 5 weeks ago. I was rotating all her ripped videos 3x's a week. I switched to the advanced rotation almost 2 weeks. I'm going to do it for 4 then move on.
I want to finish the summer with full body and circuit training until STS arrives:)

Sirensongwoman - another good full body workout is on the Pyramid DVD. It's the Bonus Combo and is lots of fun.

>Hi fit44,
>
>Do you use lighter weight than you would normally use on
>Ripped 1000 since you're doing R&C the day before?
>
>
>Here's some of Cathe's circuit w/o's. There's probably more,
>but this is all I could think of for now- All are great
>w/o's. IMO most are more intense than Ripped 1000.
>
>Step, jump & pump
>Cross Train Xpress - Power Circuit
>High Step Challenge
>Boot Camp
>Cardio & weights
>Drill Max
>Low Impact Circuit
>
>

Yes, I am using very light weights for Ripped 1000, The workout has a lot of compound moves (I'm guessing compound). Example....squats and bicep curls together. This rotation was one Jari sells;-)

Oh, and I am afraid Cathe's are more intense than Ripped. That is why I'm thinking I can't continue the pattern of 2 full body/ 2 circuits.

I would definitely switch to the second rotation you have listed. The reason is that Cathe's circuits, although they are more high rep/lighter weights, still works your muscles really hard (in my opinion). Her circuits may not work your muscles are hard as her full body workouts, but enough to where you will not be giving your body enough rest.

That's just my opinion

>Here's some of Cathe's circuit w/o's. There's probably more,
>but this is all I could think of for now- All are great
>w/o's. IMO most are more intense than Ripped 1000.
>
>Step, jump & pump
>Cross Train Xpress - Power Circuit
>High Step Challenge
>Boot Camp
>Cardio & weights
>Drill Max
>Low Impact Circuit

others include:

Circuit Max
Hardcore Extreme #1
High Step Training
The Body Maxes
the terminators

I find the Terminator Gauntlet to be the most challenging.

Hmmmmmmm...I've changed my mind about what I want to do until STS comes about 3 times now -- lol!! I'm kind of intrigued by what you're doing. Maybe I'll do it, too, and I might use Pump along with Cathe's full body stuff. :D

>Hmmmmmmm...I've changed my mind about what I want to do until
>STS comes about 3 times now -- lol!! I'm kind of intrigued by
>what you're doing. Maybe I'll do it, too, and I might use Pump
>along with Cathe's full body stuff. :D

Michele,

That is what I have decided once I've finished my Jari rotation.

Here is my plan

Monday-Cathe full body

Tuesday -CC

Wednesday CC-Pump (circuit)

Thursday CC

Friday Cathe Full Body

Sat- TJ or KenpoX/ yoga

Here is an older list of Cathe's workouts rating the intensity.
It doesn't have her circuit work though.
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=3&topic_id=46835

>I would definitely switch to the second rotation you have
>listed. The reason is that Cathe's circuits, although they
>are more high rep/lighter weights, still works your muscles
>really hard (in my opinion). Her circuits may not work your
>muscles are hard as her full body workouts, but enough to
>where you will not be giving your body enough rest.
>
>That's just my opinion

Thanks! I agree. It will allow me to continue full body work, but also allow me to lift heavier than I have been. It will be a good change, I hope:)

Up until a month ago I was only do splits. I wasn't loving how I looked so I decided to go with full body workouts and bump up my cardio. So now I do three full bodies a week, or two full bodies and one lower body and three cardios. My new cardio is just power walking or running and often intervals of both. First of all let me say that I'm really loving Cathe's full body workouts. I think Supersets and PUsh Pull are two wonderful workouts and even though they're less intense then some, I still really "feel" them. I love Pyramid Lower Body, Muscle Max, Power Hour, Maximum Intensity Strength and Muscle Endurance. When I was only doing splits and less cardio, I felt that I was losing a lot of endurance.....I could barely run at all. Now, I'm really building my stamina. I actually ran a 1 1/2 miles the other day without stopping. That is HUGE for me, because prior to that I always needed to stop before the mile mark.
Paula

>Cathe has a few good full body workouts: Power Hour, Muscle
>Max, Muscle Endurance, Maximum Intensity Strength. You could
>mix these up each week and do extra cardio if you feel you
>need to blast some fat off.

I totally agree!

Debbie

A penny for your thoughts? Let me get you some change.

>Michele,
>
>That is what I have decided once I've finished my Jari
>rotation.
>
>Here is my plan
>
>Monday-Cathe full body
>
>Tuesday -CC
>
>Wednesday CC-Pump (circuit)
>
>Thursday CC
>
>Friday Cathe Full Body
>
>Sat- TJ or KenpoX/ yoga

That looks awesome -- I might join you! I also found a cool thread on the VF forums about an STS-like rotation using Cathe's current library (Vrinda posted a thread about here). I'm seriously considering doing this, too. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=120704

It tickles me to no end to see how much you're enjoying the CC workouts :D . They were such a lifesaver for me and it's simply impossible to contain my love and enthusiasm. :D :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.