Cathe fan from Holland

jula

Hi everyone.
I started out doing home-exercise videos some 4 years ago to loose weight and improve my health. You must know that in Holland you can't buy any fitness-videos, people just don't use them. I turned to the internet and Amazon and tried a couple of highly recommended dvd's. Amongst them where Tae Bo, Kathy Smith, Karen Voight, Minna Lessig and Karen Voight. I liked most off them but after a while I could do them with my eyes closed and some of them gave me knee-pains.
During my search on the internet for other good and effective videos I found Cathe's website. I didn't order any of the dvd's because I do not own a step. Two months ago I decided to buy a step because I wanted a new challenge and motivation AND I really wanted to try the Cathe workoutts you are all raving about. So I bought Cardio Hits... I love it. The kilos are flying off and I feel great. I've ordered three order dvd's which I haven't received yet:
Power Hour dvd
Rythmic step dvd
Intensity serie vol. 1 dvd
And a barbel!
You can imagine, I can't wait for them to arrive and start with a great rotation that will make me fit, strong and healthy.

I am quite sure there aren't many Dutch girls who have ever heared of Cathe let alone bought one of her dvd's. If there are it would be nice to hear from you.

I've been reading a lot on this forum and it really tought me a lot about a healthy fitness plan. You really motivate each other!

Just wanted to share this with you all.

Bye, Bye,

Hester

Hi Hester! Welcome :) You will LOVE your new DVDs when they arrive!

Just wanted to point you in the direction of some other fitness websites...

videofitness.com
collagevideo.com
pub129.ezboard.com/bfirmbelivers

Here you will find rave reviews of Cathe. At the other sites you will find more well rounded reviews of many other instructors and their offerings. In my opinion Cathe is the best, but it's nice to see different opinions!

Have fun!

Wendy

Cathe's videos really do kick up your fitness level; I've been doing her workouts for a few years and I still have plenty of room to grow on her workouts. Good luck with your videos!

Jennifer van der Hoeven

Hi Hester,

Here another Cathe fan from Holland (Venlo). Nice to see someone else from Holland. I have a lot of Cathe video's on tape and I never get bored with them. I really like the new Body Blast serie. If you get the opportunity, buy it!

I agree with you that there aren't many people from Holland who even know Cathe, such a shame! By the way, which barbell did you order? I just ordered a body bar from the UK, because you can't buy them in Holland. I agree it's very hard to get good video's in Holland. A very good site is www.collagevideo.com, you can see a lot of previews there. And of course this site! I currently own about 40 videos. If you want some recommendations, just ask!

Bye!

Heleen

Here's another fan from Holland. Some of us are getting together on 3 January in Hilversum.

I buy my fitness stuff from totalfitness.nl as they carry the heavy dumbbells. If you want anything heavier than 3kg you can't get them in the regular sport shops, at least not around here.

Good luck and hope to see more of your posts.

Dutchie

Hi Hester,

Thanks for your advice of the bodypump set. I have a question however, I see that the weight of the barbell is only 1.2 kg and that it's hollow. Is that better than the normal/regular barbells? most barbells have a weight of 10 kgs.

I also tried www.totalfitness.nl, but the site doesn't work. I only see a screen of stars?

I am about to order on www.fitnessplaza.nl, they have dumbells of 4 and 5 kg and also the reebok stability ball. They charge 10 euro delivery costs, regardless of how much you order.

Hilversum, that's funny, that is my birth town, I lived there untill my 17th.

Bye!
Heleen

Hello Hester,

For dumbbells like Cathe's you can try www.evernewphysique.co.uk. They are a UK company so you will have to ask them if they ship to the US.

I bought a set from them 2-10kg dumbbells and they were the cheapest anywhere.

Good luck

Yen

Hi Dutchie,

Nice to hear there are more Cathe fans in Holland! I'd like to join you on the 3rd in Hilversum, I that possible?

Thanks everyone for the tips and websites. Another nice one is www.fitnessvideofanatics.com. You can make and publish your own rotation.

Bye, Bye,

Hester

Hi Heleen,

The specs from the one I bought (sorry Dutch):
Halterstang is hol, weegt +/- 2 kg met een doorsnee van 30 mm en een lengte van 1,2 mtr
Gewichtschijven zijn rubber overtrokken gietijzer
In de gewichtsklasse 2x5 kg, 2x2.5 kg , en 2x1.25 kg
Totaal gewicht 20 kg inclusief veersluiters + stang

Info on this website about the barbell Cathe uses:
"In several of our workouts like The Intensity series, Cross Train Xpress, MIS, the Pure Strength series and BodyMax we use a barbell that measures anywhere from 4ft(120cm) to 5ft in length. In our most recent videos we used a Troy 4 ft barbell that weighed only about 5 lbs(2kg) and an assortment of Troy metal plates that were covered in rubber. Generally speaking Cathe uses a barbell that has a total weight of around 35 to 40lbs (+/- 19 kg)."

I think the 10kg barbells that are more for body building and heavy weight lifting, not for doing high reps like in most of Cathe's dvds.

Hope this info helps, good luck.

Bye, bye,

Hester

Hi Hester.

I'm Vicky. I'm American, but live out here. It is my house we are meeting at in H'sum on the 3rd for drinks and then we are going into the Center for dinner. You are more than welcome to join us. So far including you, that would make 6 of us :D Not bad 7 Cathe fans out of 16million people in NL? LOL

Please email me at [email protected] as we are getting the plan together via emails as I write this.

Also, if anyone else is in the neighborhood (Heleen), please email me if you would like to join us.

Hope to meet you soon.

Vicky

Hi Hester,

Thanks for the info on the barbell. It sounds better than the heavier onces. Too bad that Cathe always talks in inches and pounds, we have to recalculate everything ;) Did you already receive yours? Do you have experiences with training with a barbell? I am a bit reluctant to use weights with squats and lunges because I have quite bad knees. Does anyone have experiences with that? I already mailed Vicky for the 3rd, I'm not really sure if I can come, but it sounds like a nice idea.

Bye,
Heleen

Hi Heleen,

I haven't received mine yet. Ordered the wrong kind of barbell at Neckerman and sent it back. I ordered the one I described to you two days ago. I haven't got any experience with training with a barbell. I did do strength training with dumbells. I think that when your muscles get stronger it is good for your joints. But I am no expert on that! I did have troubles with my knees doing Minna Lessig Fat Eliminator. The plyo jumps eventually really hurt my knees. Haven't done this video since then.
I've mailed Vickey too and I'll join them on the 3rd, hope you'll be there too.

Bye,

Hester

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.