Cathe DVD's And Heartrate?

tneah

Cathlete
For all of you that use a heart rate monitor, can you tell me which Cathe cardio workouts keep your heartrate between 145-155? I am 41 years old and need to keep my heart rate in that zone during my cardio workouts, and I know the treadmill and the elliptical will get really old after twelve weeks-I am working with a trainer.

Any "steady state" types you can think of? That may be a weird question, I just want some heart rate users to give a little input since I have never used one up until now!:)

That's different for everybody. Depends totally on your fitness, your step height, how high you jump, etc, etc. I can make any workout keep my HR in a certain range just by modifying up or down as needed.

But having said that, there are some workouts that are more steady state than others. Ones that pop into my head are the Cardio Hits and Classics step workouts.

April

Right. After reading my post, I thought, well duh. Everyone is different!

Thanks for your suggestions though!

It is allowing the trainer (who lives in another state) to "fine-tune" my program,I check in every week with photo's and a phone call.
He wants me on a set program, one where he knows exactly what I have been eating, and at what intensity I have been working out. This enables him to make changes as he sees necessary. Its a 12 week program.:)

If you take certain blood pressure medicines, your heart rate will not be an accurate measure of your activity level. For example, a person on a beta blocker (Toprol, Coreg, etc) may have heart rates that never exceed 100, no matter how hard they work out.

Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.