cathe cardio duration question

nik13

Cathlete
I posted this question in the open discussion, and didn't receive an answer. I didn't want to bother you because of how busy you are, but would appreciate when you get time if you could answer the question below.

Is there a difference if I do 3days of 60 minutes cardio's (=180 min)
than 5 days of 36 min cardio's (=180min)?

Will it burn the same calories, will it give the same results?

Thanks again and I will understand if you are to busy to answer
Nikki
P.s. The covers look superb.

While you wait for Cathe to answer, can I just share...I've read recently that the three longer cardios are better. This is because your body will use the carbs available in your muscles and bloodstream for energy for the first 30 minutes or so, then they get depleted and your body starts burning fat for fuel. As your body gets accustomed to these longer cardio workouts, it gets more and more efficient at switching over to the fat-burning mode.

That being said, I don't think it's necessary to do cardio for 60 minutes unless you want to for reasons other than fitness.
45 minutes is plenty. Some new research suggest that after 45-50 minutes, you start burning lean muscle for fuel.

Sheesh, if that's true, it's a small window for when you're actually burning fat, huh?

I maintain pretty low bodyfat on three, 45 minute cardios a week.

I hope you get your Cathe answer as well. Kath

Thanks Kath115,

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I really appreciate your answer. So, if I workout longer than 30minutes I start burning more fat, excellent. I think I will switch to 3 or 4 45minute cardios.

Thanks again :)
Nikki

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.