forum_admin

Administrator
Staff member
Boss-Bands-9559.jpg

We're almost done with editing both workouts and should finish all editing in just a few more days. This means we should start the final phase of this project, DVD authoring, next week. As soon as this last phase is complete we will create and share some clips from the workouts with you!

Learn more pre-order Cathe's new Boss Bands,Loops, DVDs and Downloads at https://bit.ly/3u1ZkNw

View attachment 7970

We're almost done with editing both workouts and should finish all editing in just a few more days. This means we should start the final phase of this project, DVD authoring, next week. As soon as this last phase is complete we will create and share some clips from the workouts with you!

Learn more pre-order Cathe's new Boss Bands,Loops, DVDs and Downloads at https://bit.ly/3u1ZkNw

Can this workout be done with standard latex or silicone bands and loops?

I have some fabric loops, and I wondered if I could get the dimensions of both the bands and loops'? I'm going to pre-order, and I was deciding if I should get new loops and bands, or will my current ones suffice?

Thanks, Admin!

Hi jcpolsky our bands are 80 inches when cut, but you can't go by just length when comparing bands. Different companies and factories use different materials, blends and thicknesses when making their bands.

Hi jcpolsky our bands are 80 inches when cut, but you can't go by just length when comparing bands. Different companies and factories use different materials, blends and thicknesses when making their bands.
Hi there, please let us know if we can use ordinary latex or silicone bands and loops... I want to purchase but am on an extremel tight budget and would like to use the bands I already have if that is possible.

Excellent point - thanks for the quick response!

Hi a1wish, you really do need to use Boss Bands for these workouts. You can always modify any workout, but many of the exercises in the workouts are just not feasible to do with TPE or latex stretch bands. This is especially true of the exercises that use a Boss Band. A Boss Band is really a continuous "loop", unlike a stretch band. Many of the exercises in Boss bands Total Body take advantage of the continuous loop design and would be difficult or even impossible to do with a non-loop stretch band.

There is probably less of a difference between Boss Loops and latex or TPE exercise loops, like our firewalker loops. The main difference is Boss Loops are mainly worn above the knees and Firewalker loops are mainly worn below the knees. You could probably modify this workout using a Firewalker loop, but I don't think you will find it enjoyable to do. Also, the workout would be totally different. It would be like trying to use a stationary exercise bike instead of a "spin" bike for one of our indoor cycling workouts. It's just not as effective or even close to being the same workout.

We also plan to use the Boss Bands and Boss Loops on Cathe Live and future DVD projects. Since fabric bands are pretty much unbreakable they will last for many years and as far as exercise equipment costs go, these bands are really a very inexpensive exercise equipment choice.

Hi a1wish, you really do need to use Boss Bands for these workouts. You can always modify any workout, but many of the exercises in the workouts are just not feasible to do with TPE or latex stretch bands. This is especially true of the exercises that use a Boss Band. A Boss Band is really a continuous "loop", unlike a stretch band. Many of the exercises in Boss bands Total Body take advantage of the continuous loop design and would be difficult or even impossible to do with a non-loop stretch band.

There is probably less of a difference between Boss Loops and latex or TPE exercise loops, like our firewalker loops. The main difference is Boss Loops are mainly worn above the knees and Firewalker loops are mainly worn below the knees. You could probably modify this workout using a Firewalker loop, but I don't think you will find it enjoyable to do. Also, the workout would be totally different. It would be like trying to use a stationary exercise bike instead of a "spin" bike for one of our indoor cycling workouts. It's just not as effective or even close to being the same workout.

We also plan to use the Boss Bands and Boss Loops on Cathe Live and future DVD projects. Since fabric bands are pretty much unbreakable they will last for many years and as far as exercise equipment costs go, these bands are really a very inexpensive exercise equipment choice.

Thank you for this detailed explanation! I broke down and pre-ordered Cathe's bands and loops with the DVDs even though I already have many big rubber loops and more TPE exercise loops than I will probably use in my lifetime. I'm glad to know that I more than likely made the right decision!

Hi there, please let us know if we can use ordinary latex or silicone bands and loops... I want to purchase but am on an extremel tight budget and would like to use the bands I already have if that is possible.
I think you can use your latex bands but you may have to modify and you will have a different feel. I have fabric booty loops already and they feel completely different around your upper thigh than latex ones. They are a lot wider so they don't bunch or pinch and I find that they are "tighter" feeling and it just works a little differently. There are some cheaper versions out there, like on Amazon, but just be careful because some seem really cheap and don't last. I opted for a more expensive one because they come with a warranty incase anything happens to them within the first year. Cathe's right now are a really good deal if you want a better quality of bands. I understand not having extra money, so just look around. But I do also know that these fabric bands are not suppose to break like latex ones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.