Cathe barbell

Rather sheepishly, I'm asking what are the black straps (that came with the bar shoulder pad) used for? I've never noticed anyone having or using them during the workouts. Thanks for any insight!

Hi Susanne,
While I don't have Cathe's barbell pad, I have a similar one. It's used to secure the pad on your barbell. Sometimes I don't use it if I'm going to be taking it off&on during a workout. But if the pad slips to having the opening on the bottom (against your body), the bar might slip out a bit with heavy weights and defeat the purpose of the padding. If I don't use the strap I usually pay attention to the orientation of the pad opening when hoisting to my shoulders. HTH, Deb

Hey no need to feel sheepish in asking that ..it does seem strange when you look at it.
I have the pad myself and they're to use as Debinmi mentioned.

Also, if you go on Cathe's Facebook page...look at her equipment video #8...Jen shows how and where to attach those straps.

I don't have Facebook so it isn't letting me post a link to it. (You'll have to scroll a bit but it's there.)

Hope that helps!

Hi Susanne,
While I don't have Cathe's barbell pad, I have a similar one. It's used to secure the pad on your barbell. Sometimes I don't use it if I'm going to be taking it off&on during a workout. But if the pad slips to having the opening on the bottom (against your body), the bar might slip out a bit with heavy weights and defeat the purpose of the padding. If I don't use the strap I usually pay attention to the orientation of the pad opening when hoisting to my shoulders. HTH, Deb
Appreciate that, Deb! I used to have the Firm barbell and just got Cathe's as an upgrade.

Hey no need to feel sheepish in asking that ..it does seem strange when you look at it.

Also, if you go on Cathe's Facebook page...look at her equipment video #8...Jen shows how and where to attach those straps.

I don't have Facebook so it isn't letting me post a link to it. (You'll have to scroll a bit but it's there.)

Hope that helps!
Such useful advice, thank you! I'll definitely check out that video!

Hope that helps!
Unfortunately I didn't find it, but I'll keep looking.

It's not an individual post .

(Sorry I'm not on Facebook)

If you'll click on the video tab on Cathe's Facebook page
and scroll (and scroll some more, lol) to Dec 2nd , 2022 it's there.

I'm excited to use the new Cathe Barbell. I've only had the old shorter Firm Barbell since ... somewhere in the '90's. I also got the bar bell sleeve and didn't know how to use it either. After a few years of injuries and surgeries I'm starting all over after my latest CMC joint surgery with tendon transfer. I finally could put my hand down on the mat with supporting some weight a month ago. I was only doing recovery workouts from a source called Salt Wrap. Anxiously waiting for the new STS.2 series. Thanks for still being here Catheletes!

Congrats cocob1 on your progress ... it's been a long haul hasn't it? But glad to see you're hanging in there and looking forward to the new series!

Unfortunately I didn't find it, but I'll keep looking.
Rather sheepishly, I'm asking what are the black straps (that came with the bar shoulder pad) used for? I've never noticed anyone having or using them during the workouts. Thanks for any insight!
Hi Susanne,

I"m hoping that you've located what you need and are able to use your barbell safety straps. You will see Cathe and crew using these straps in the STS 2.0 workouts as well to keep the barbell pad securely attached. I have added a link below to the video that is being mentioned in this thread in case you still need it. Hope this helps.
Jenn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.