Cathe and muscle soreness

kenja

Cathlete
Cathe,
just wondering if you ever get sore muscles after a workout or are you so used to exercising that it doesn't happen any more? By sore I mean that it hurts to move!!!
I did Afterburn this morning and am already feeling sore and I haven't gone to bed yet! Imagine what I'll be like in the morning!
I exercise most days of the week during different things and cannot believe that I could feel this sore already.

Cudos to you!!!! What a workout!
Jane:eek:

Last edited:
Not an expert here, but from what I have read from other posts, some small or moderate DOMS is ok for those who want to build strength and additional stamina, i.e., they are looking for improved results (athletes, etc).

But others, like me, who are just into regular moderate exercize, any sort of DOMS shouls be avoided. I'm 62, and I pace myself. One idea would be to go into Afterburn slowly, lightening up on the weights, doing some moves without the sliding discs, and building up the poundage and intensity gradually.
-- David

p.s. Thank's for the tip about Afterburn. I have it on order, so I will start slowly on this one.

Jane, of course I'm not Cathe, but I am an instructor and I get very sore many times. There are times I will get DOMS baaad and some of my students won't? I've had to take a break from doing the LIS Series the past 8 or 9 days due to a terrible cough but decided I could do TB yesterday. (my granddaughter did it with me! :)) Within about 2-3 hours, I was feeling it deep down in those muscles. I looked like a lil ole lady getting out of bed this morn! That being said, I love this series. Sooo creative and fun!

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

It's just so hard to fit in all the Cathe workouts that you want to do. Sometimes I don't get to do KP&C for a couple of weeks (e.g), then it's really sore back muscles from all those punches. Don't get me wrong, I love it but it is just so difficult to attend to every body part consistently.
It makes life interesting!!
Jane

It's just so hard to fit in all the Cathe workouts that you want to do. Sometimes I don't get to do KP&C for a couple of weeks (e.g), then it's really sore back muscles from all those punches. Don't get me wrong, I love it but it is just so difficult to attend to every body part consistently.
It makes life interesting!!
Jane

I agree...there's just not enough days in the week. I so badly want to do more Cathe's during the week but teaching class 4x/week doesn't make it easy. And, I know exactly what you mean about KP&C...every time I do it, my back muscles get so sore because I can't do it every week. But, it's so nice we have so many great options to choose from. I am going to be choosing from the LIS for a long, long time to come!

Hi Jane! I sure do still get DOMS. Sometimes more intense then others. I try to change up my workouts everyday (even if its subtle changes) so that I always have my body guessing.

As a side note.....if you don't get DOMS after a particularly tough workout, just know that it can very well be because your body didn't tap into muscle confusion as much as it did on another given workout. But its all good. As long as you train like a warrior and are committed to each workout, your progress and results will be served to you!!! Nuf said :D

Cathe,
just wondering if you ever get sore muscles after a workout or are you so used to exercising that it doesn't happen any more? By sore I mean that it hurts to move!!!
I did Afterburn this morning and am already feeling sore and I haven't gone to bed yet! Imagine what I'll be like in the morning!
I exercise most days of the week during different things and cannot believe that I could feel this sore already.

Cudos to you!!!! What a workout!
Jane:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.