Cat People...I need help with High Step marking

lorrayne

Cathlete
I just discovered this mornign that my High Step was "marked" by one of my cats. Any idea of how to remove all traces of cat urine in plastic? Or is it a lost cause? :(:(:(
Thanks for any tips and advise.
Lorrayne

Yes

I just discovered this mornign that my High Step was "marked" by one of my cats. Any idea of how to remove all traces of cat urine in plastic? Or is it a lost cause? :(:(:(
Thanks for any tips and advise.
Lorrayne

Miracle Nature urine removal for cats, that is the best one I have found

karen

My cats are all fixed but my boy STILL likes to "mark" my step. I use Nature's Miracle, also (the cheaper generic stuff from PetsMart works the same... that is, sometimes but not always), following up these days with Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator. The Febreze is something new I'm trying. It's made to be used on fabric but I use it anyway because it smells wonderful and, thus far, seems to create enough confusion among my cats that it's stopped them from spraying the spot again. Time will tell if that lasts. If you only have one cat you just might be able to permanently stop it from marking up your house but I have 5 and it's a constant battle. Sometimes, I think I have them "cured" only to find a spot when I least expect it. I just finished mopping the bathroom floor this morning only to, minutes later, find a puddle next to a litter box that had just been cleaned and filled with fresh, clean litter. I swear. This was after a week or so of no incidents.

Last edited:
Thanks for some of the tips. Just to let you know, I took my kitty to the vet today as I found blood in the "liquid present" she left in my high step. Sure enough, she has a urinary track infection. So, this was not something that was an accident as she wanted to urinate somewhere where it may not hurt to urinate. So, time to give her the pink stuff....

Thanks for some of the tips. Just to let you know, I took my kitty to the vet today as I found blood in the "liquid present" she left in my high step. Sure enough, she has a urinary track infection. So, this was not something that was an accident as she wanted to urinate somewhere where it may not hurt to urinate. So, time to give her the pink stuff....

Glad you found the probably problem!
Cats' good litter habits definitely go bye-bye when they've got urinary problems (maybe their way of letting us know? By leaving a 'liquid present' where we'll be more apt to see it?;))

You might want to give her some yogurt (especially if she has to take antibiotics). The probiotics in it can help repopulate the urinary tract with good stuff).

I have had this problem too. When it happened to my step, I put it in the shower and sprayed it with scrubbing bubbles! It worked great! :)

Wash anything with baking soda in water and you'll never know if happened. Plus it doesn't leave any residual film or smell. I've used it on plastics, fabric, carpet, anything, it's amazingly easy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.