Carnivale--jdoll, CurlyQ, other fans.......

Maximus

Cathlete
The show has been cancelled, ratings were too low. Major bummer.

What I don't get is, it was such a unique, intelligent, dark show--couldn't HBO throw us a bone & keep it on? Don't they already make enough money? This sucks.

NOOOOOOO! What a let-down. All of those actors are so talented and the show really keeps (kept :()you guessing. Quality TV is so hard to find nowadays, hopefully HBO will find something good enough to fill the void...my DH is going to be really bummed - I'M REALLY BUMMED ;( I wanted to know what happened next with Justin and Sofie.

Aw! That sucks!!! I loved that show! but i am also sad Deadwood finale is next week. Good news is Six Feet Under starts after that. Every time a season of an HBO series i like ends, i just think "one season closer to seeing the rest of The Sopranos!}(

I wonder why the ratings were low.....maybe too hard for some people to follow. And Rome is comming too!

So where did you hear that Maximus? Do you know if they had already filmed the next part and are just not renewing, or did we see the very last of it? thanks for the heads up!

jes

Wow...I hate to hear that too! I was really liking Carnivale!! Glad to hear Six Feet Under is starting back up though...that and Sopranos were my 2 faves for the longest time...Jes, even though I haven't seen every episode, I really like Deadwood too...although we've dubbed it "Cusswood" around here, lol! I'm not sure I believe they used the F word that much in the Old West! Heehee!!!

>we've dubbed it "Cusswood" around
>here, lol! I'm not sure I believe they used the F word that
>much in the Old West! Heehee!!!

I read somewhere that David Milch (the show's creator)did a lot of research on Deadwood, and from what he read (letters, diaries,etc), there was a lot of cussing going on. He said something to the effect that we tend to think that we invented those words, but they have been around for a very long time. Interesting.

I heard from my dad, I guess he read it in a paper somewhere. I have no idea if they have any epis in the can or if this is just the end.

No Sopranos until 2006. Still a long way off.

Hi Betsy :) That IS interesting! I guess it makes sense, though, that those words have been around for a while...I remember first watching the show and being sort of shocked at how MUCH they used them, lol...guess I've gotten sort of used to it and it really IS a good show, but man!! :)

I do agree--sometimes the volume of swearing makes me cringe. But I doubt that that town was a very pretty place back then either.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.