Cardio that improves quadricep (sp) development?

BROYLES60

Cathlete
I need to solicit opinions on cardio and leg muscle development.

Approx. 2 years ago, before I started running, I had nice front thigh development. My quads had nice definition. I had that outside sweep near my knee and a cut down the inner/center quad that was very nice. But I had no hamstring development of any sort or definition down the side of my legs.

Now that running is my primary cardio, I have excellent hamstring and side leg development but the front of my legs are suffering. Any ideas why? Does running predominantly work those areas and neglect the front of the quad?

I used to do lots of high-low, and step when I had the frontal thigh definitiion but have all but lost it since the running.

What cardio works best for the front of the thighs? I am noticing my lack of defintion because I look down and see it every fricken day. Please help:)

I think it all depends on your stride while running. I am like you, I use my hamstrings more and have a lot of hamstring definition. I take hills with a lot of ease!

So, to balance it all out, I use the elliptical. That always burns my quads!

Also, I know for fact that biking/spinning helps with quad strength...like nothing else (I've been told). It will also help your running.

HTH

Hi-

Biking/Spinning is definitely a great way to increase your quad strength!! Plus, with it being no impact, its a wonderful way to balance out all of the high impact of running.

Also, Step is a great way to get the quads worked too.

Take care, Lynn M.

I need what you got, but have what you need. Biking and walking lunges with heavy db's have helped me greatly improve quadricep development.

Thanks guys, I think my initial quad development was due to step workouts and heavy weighted leg work. I am going to try to incorporate more of that plus eliptical at the gym to enhance my quads. I love the look of quad definition. It is very sexy;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.