cardio tape suggestions

jwmcguff

I have just started doing Cathe's P/S series and love them. I am interested in her cardio tapes,any suggestions? I do cardio 5-6 days a week(jogging, walking, biking, other step tapes) Thanks for the suggestions.

I have all her tapes, but my absolute favorite is Cardio Kicks.It's intense, doesnt require any equipment, goes by quick, easy to catch on to, and leaves you feeling empowered! Judy

I've said this one a million times:

My absolute favorite cardio tape OF ALL TIME is Cathe's Interval Max - it will send you to the moon!

My next absolute favorite cardio tape workout, kind of a patchwork, is combining the step-circuit segment from Cathe's Body Max with the step-circuit from her Power Circuit (from the Cross Train Express {CTX} series), using the Interval Max's 13-minute warm-up beforehand.

My also next-absolute favorite cardio workout is the step segment (~36 minutes long) from her Maximum Intensity Cardio workout.

Love steppin'. Love La Cathe's mastery of it.

You really can't go wrong no matter which ones you get!

Annette
:) :) :)

MIC has GOT to be Cathe's hardest of all time workouts for me. I just did it this morning and am still recovering. Matter of fact, I had finished the Hi/Lo section and started the step section when I got a case of "crankiness"! Those forbidden thoughts came to me -- why did Cathe have to combine one of her hardest floor workouts with one of her hardest step?

This and Interval Max (another killer workout) are the tapes I have to "pysche" myself up for. That said, I'd say that both are worth every penny and every second of my precious workout time. And it doesn't matter how many times I've done them, I still feel like I've REALLY done something stupendous and I'm always pretty proud of myself after finishing them.

So, if you want challenging workouts, MIC and Interval Max are the way to go.

If you want cardio plus weights, Body Max, is very challenging as well.

Whatever you choose, Cathe is the best!

Patricia

Yup, Int. Max, Cardio Kicks and MIC - all toughies, and great workouts. I'd like to add Circuit Max to the list. It gets more intense as you go along and it provides good variety of cardio and a little endurance training. I am always WIPED out after finishing that bad boy!

Another vote for Cardio Kicks and Interval Max! I also love Rhythmic Step, but ALL Cathe's tapes are worth trying. :)

circuit max... yes!

Good call Lizzie. This workout leaves no muscle untouched!! I mean, the only "breaks" in this one are the strength segments - and they are tough!

marnie

I've been doing CTX for awhile... My faves are 10-10-10, kickbox, and power circuit... ALso love cardio kicks...

I just get Circuit max I love it... like the variation - hi/lo - kickbox and step... Great tape!

Circuit Max kills me...right before she starts the step section after the kickbox step portion. I start resting quite a bit from there on and I say bad things to Cathe. tell me I am not the only one that gets slayed by this one?!

You most certainly not the only one! I have to throw in a few brief recoveries here and there as well. I like to keep a glass of water in the kitchen in addition to the one I gulp from while working out. That way when I feel that my heartrate it too high for too long I can take a short walk down the hall and take a drink. Then I feel ready for more.

I also must take little (long) rests while doing Circuit Max. Circuit tapes always make me more tired that regular step tapes for some reason. Maybe the loss of momentum when stopping cardio for weights, then starting the cardio again?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.