Cardio Recovery for Insanity

A

amanda12485

does anyone do this workout? I was thinking about substituting an upper body lifting workout this day instead of the recovery dvd. I work my legs enough on all the other dvds. Let me know your opinion if you think this would be a good idea, or if i should just follow the Insanity recommendation.

I've done it twice. It's my least favorite. I think doing upper body lifting instead is a fine idea. Especially if your not doing any add-on weights on the non recovery days. I don't necessarily think you have to add weights to make this a good program, it's fine without it. But I know some people are used to getting more weight work in.

I do think the benefit of the recovery DVD is the stretching, so you may want to be sure to leave some time after the lifting to do a really good stretch.

I wonder how much energy we'll all have when it comes to month 2. I'm thinking the add-ons may stop as the Insanity workouts get longer.

Yeah, I agree MOnth 2 is just going to be Insanity. I just really wasnt a fan of the Cardio Recovery DVD seemed boring to me. I think I will substitute an upper body lifting workout that day and some stretching off one of cathes's dvds.

Substituting an upper body lifting day instead of the Cardio Recovery sounds good to me. I'm going to do that starting next week.

I'm doing a freestyle approach to lower body so I add 4DS legs (with light weights) to cardio recovery. It works because CR has some leg, glute, core work, and stretching. It is my least favorite of all the insanity workouts but I tolerate it because it's a good stretch after my traditional leg work.:) I was thinking about using Cathe's pyramid upper body on recovery day when I get to the max intervals.

The first week I did 4DS as add ons (from Fit44's suggestion). Last week I was out of town so I added on extra cardio (did the warm up circuit again at the end). Yesterday was day 1 of week 3 and I did P90X Chest and Back (only the first round). I'm really surprised but I am sore today. I'm not sure what I'm going to do on recovery day this week.

is anybody going to do the recovery week? I havnt looked at the dvd that you are supposed to do everyday, has anyone else? I might do some muscle endurance or circuit workouts that week.

is anybody going to do the recovery week? I havnt looked at the dvd that you are supposed to do everyday, has anyone else? I might do some muscle endurance or circuit workouts that week.

That's a good question. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may just skip it and go on to the second month of workouts. I guess it depends on how much I want to do something different. I don't really take recovery weeks when I'm doing my own rotations. I'll probably just decide when the time comes. I'm interested to see what everyone else is doing.

is anybody going to do the recovery week? I havnt looked at the dvd that you are supposed to do everyday, has anyone else?

I haven't even looked at it. I'm leaving for a 4 day vacation and will have completed 4 weeks by then. I don't exercise on vacation so I'm going to consider that my recovery. I'm thinking about doing one more week of the first month's workouts before moving on to the max intervals.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.