cardio question

Michele S

Cathlete
Hi all!

I'm at 16 weeks, finally past all the fatigue and nausea, and just started doing some cardio again - Cathe's Low Impact Step - and felt really good. I was a little winded, but not too bad. Do you think it's okay to up the intensity a little, say with Rythmic Step or Step Blast? I'm just wondering since I went almost two months with doing no type of cardio at all.

TIA!
Michele
due 5/6/06/ with #3!

good question, michelle

i know most doctors (unless ultraconservative) say you can continue doing what your body is used to, but i wondered the same thing - what if you stop and are no longer used to it? i would say just be sure you listen to your body and do what feels okay. i have been keeping up most of what i do (maybe decreased milage by one or 2 miles per run), but at just 9 weeks, i feel like the fatigue is beating me down. had an active morning today, then had to spend the rest of the day on the couch! so not liek me, and frustrating, but what can you do? so i am just trying to listen to my body and stop when i need to.

I did/have. I've been careful not to get my HR to the anerobic state. :)

**Melanie**
baby to be 11/28/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

http://lilypie.com/days/051128/2/4/1/-6/.png[/img][/url]

Thanks, Morris and Melanie! I'll just be sure to listen to my body and not overdo it. It felt so good to FINALLY feel like my old self again!

Melanie - I read about your KP&C at 90%! You go, girl! That made me tired just reading about it!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.