Car decor?

Boybert

Cathlete
1. What do you have on/in your car? Do you ever judge someone by what you see? Spill it.

I'll admit, I do get a few grumpy thoughts of people at various things. Excess bumper stickers make me cringe. Stuffed animals squished into a mock zoo in the back windshield. The top of my pet peeves are the jesus fish. I'm just not big on advertising religion on/in the car. Other things can be just fine, but run it by me, first :p

I have a yankee candle air freshener. Not very exciting, I know. So, entertain me, folks. Tell me what I'll find in your car.

Debbie

A penny for your thoughts? Sure, let me grab you some change.

My car is very new, so I have not done anything to it yet. Still smells new, so no air freshener, but I do love Yankee car jars.

So right now it is only "decorated" with a car seat and a few bags from my last minute wedding shopping!

No bumper stickers or stuffed menagerie, and I'll spare you the description of the random junk my kids leave in my car, but I do have these hanging from my rear view mirror:

http://i25.tinypic.com/s332gy.jpg

I once saw in a blog that someone had made smilies out of Perler beads, and being the geek that I am, I just had to have them! The funny thing is that everyone who sees them thinks that the kids made them, but I actually made them myself.

(The bottom one is actually a purple color; it ended up washed out from the flash.)

http://s3.tinypic.com/2jafbwi.jpg

I carry my fat free nondairy creamer so when I stop at Starbucks I have it handy--I do not use milk.

I also have this "angel feather" hanging from my rearview mirror, its my "safe and sound" good luck charm., I also carry warm vanilla room spray from bath and bodyworks in the glove compartment to spray and freshen the inside of the car up. You might also find about two or three empty to half empty water bottles! Oh, and I always carry a pen and a pack of gum too.:)

I always laugh when I see the bumper sticker that says "Peas on Earth":7

I have a Amy Brown fairy magnet and an FSM magnet on the back of the car. And a small pewter fairy that hangs from the rearview mirror. I can't find a license plate holder I like, so its just the one from the dealership

Nan

Let's see. What do I have in my car?

A box with notecards, envelopes, stamps, pens, business cards, etc.
Mileage log
A box with doggie balls, ball chucker, frisbees, extra leashes and collars, bowls, doggie backpacks, doggie first aid kit, clicker, treats .....
Extra pair of tennis shoes and crocs
A bag with tooth brush, tooth paste, floss, lip balm, lip stick, sun screen, stain remover
A few bags of Tazo tea

Usually stacks of papers that sometimes makes it hard to even see the front seat, not to mention all the stuff that my kids "forget" in the car - UGGGHHH.

With all that "stuff" in my car, who needs "decor" :p :+

I hate bumper stickers. But even worse are all the real estate agents driving around with their name, picture and phone numbers on their car. As if someone would actually contact them based on them driving around with their sign. Aside, the way some of them are driving, I would be afraid to have that sign with "identification" on the outside of the car :7 :+

On our older car I have a Pixies bumper sticker that's been on there for years and years. On our newer car, we have a little robot clock that hangs from the rear view mirror.

C

I'm pretty utilitarian, so the only decor I have is/are:

-Extra dog leashes
-Rascal's Easy Walk harness
-Rascal's canine restraint harness
-Squeaky toy
-Big old sheet covering the back seat to keep the dog hair from being permanently embedded :p

DH runs an auto body shop, so bumper stickers or magnetic stickers of any kind are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. They're really bad for the paint.

There's a pile of DD's books and Archie comics in the back seat. Does that count as decor? Apart from that, I have nothing.

LOL. I love the Bee-otch sticker!
I have a wire cross necklace that a good friend in college made me hanging from my rearview mirror. It's been there now through several cars and 13 years. I live in a very conservative part of the nation, so I love to put my political bumper stickers on the car too. Soon it will don an Obama 08 sticker. :)

The stickers that annoy the crap out of me are:
W stickers
Bush/Cheney stickers
the little boy peeing stickers
race car driver stickers and
Jesus fish with feet (the Darwin stickers)

I don't have "decor", I just have tons of junk;

1. tons of CD's
2. maps
3. dry cleaning receipts so I'll remember to pick up DH's shirts from the laundry
4. canvas grocery bags so I'll remember to take my own bags when I go to the grocery store
5. a flashlight because DH put it there
6. dental floss
7. mouthwash
8. eye glass cleaner

I would never put a bumper sticker on my car, but I love to ride your butt so I can read yours :p

>OMG I need a cat butt air freshener RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me, too! (can we hang them on their tales, so they actually deodorize their butts? LOL!)

I don't have a lot of 'decor' on/in my car: two magnetic ribbons that say "spay and neuter" and "adopt a stray" (I don't dare put on bumper stickers, as any that would express my true feelings would probably inspire tire slashing by some of the less enlightened hicks that live around here).

The inside of my car (which needs cleaning...a good project for today) always has a cloth bag filled with brushes, toys, nail clippers and ear and eye cleaner for the cats at the shelter; a long-sleeve shirt or two (that I put on when I visit the cats, so I don't end up QUITE so hairy!); a pair of Teva all-terrain close-toed shoes and a pair of sock (just in case I end up taking an impromptu creek walk at a friend's house); various pieces of paper, a jacket, etc. (most of which needs to be cleaned out!).

The other day, as I was turning into the street off the main town street that leads to mine, I had to manoeuver around a dude in a van who took up more than 1/2 the street. As I passed by, giving him a dirty look, I saw he was an old coot (actually, probably younger than he looked) with a toothless grin, who had an entire collection of stuffed animals all across the front window of his van!

>Jesus fish with feet (the Darwin stickers)
>
I forgot: I also have a "cat" Darwin sticker (a fish-shaped can with feet).

>LOL. I love the Bee-otch sticker!

I'm surprised no one recognizes it yet! It's the air freshener from the yellow Camaro in the Transformers movie!

Also, in case anyone is wondering, the Cat Butt air freshener does NOT smell like a cat butt. It is hyacinth-scented. :D

A star and heart Crystle dangling off a chain from the rear view mirror.
Lots of maps.
A black nylon sack hung around the shifting gear for garbage.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I just cleaned mine out and it had several toys and pencils from the kids inside. Not much other than that. I think I may put a Jesus fish on my car ;) I think about it esp when I see the darwin fish. hehe
But really I don't care for bumper stickers but to each his own. I really hate it when people have crude or rude stickers on their cars.. like everytime I drive into my neighborhood a huge truck says "UP YOURS!" in huge letters across the front. and other rather rude stickers on the back. thanks alot neighbor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.