Can't get weight off!!

exerciser

I've been exercising for about 3 months and can't get any weight off. We eat all the right foods and have cut down on how much we eat. I agree that muscle weighs more than fat but how do you determine your amount of bady fat. I've gone to the charts and it says that I'm over weight. How do you determine if you have more muscle mass than fat. I'm not sure if I'm writing this so you understand.x(

I'm not Cathe, of course - but I think we need some more information to help you:

How frequently are you working out, and for what duration? What kind of workouts are you doing? (Give us a typical week's worth of workouts) Give us your typical food intake for a day or two. Many people think they are eating right, but are actually eating (1) too little (2) too much or (3) not clean enough.

Instead of worrying about your weight, focus more on how your clothes fit, and how you look in the mirror. Your physical measurements will be a more accurate gage of your progress than weight alone. If you can get your body fat tested somewhere (at a gym, they typically use calipers), then you can see what you're working with. Many people who are very muscular have very little body fat, but are "overweight" according to BMI charts. This is ridiculous, of course. Weight is a meaningless number if you don't know your body composition too.

So, if you give us a little more info, we'll try to help you figure out what's stalling your progress. :)

I usually start exercising at 7:00 with Gilad. It is like a worm up so I can do Cathe'swork out. Then I do Cathe's shows. I try to exercise 5 days a week. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast or fresh fruit with low fat yogart. We have whole grain bread and wheat pasta. We eat alot of fish and chicken. We usually split steaks when we have beef. We usually use Splenda and try to keep away from sugars. (high fructose foods) We will have a couple of drinks at night. But not very many. Please give me any advise that you can. If it is the alcohol then I need to not have any.

I weigh 150 and I'm 5'3". I usually wear a size 6-8. x(

I agree, you have to look at yourself in the mirror.
My scale (who I don't like:) ) tells me I am 130 lbs at 5'4". Then I have friends who weigh less then me and are taller, whose clothes I can wear. I also have people commenting on the fact that I am small(even though I don't see it myself)I also have a security pass for the airport (where I work) and my weight is on the back.Anytime anyone cathces a glispse of it they argue with me that I am not that weight.
Its amazing really how much muscle can weigh. Listen to your body...eat when you are hungry and be patient.Everything will work itself out.
Lori:)

We will have a couple of drinks at night. But not very
>many. Please give me any advise that you can. If it is the
>alcohol then I need to not have any.

Alcohol plays a huge factor in your weight loss efforts. Alcohol slows the metabolism & is counter productive to any effort you make in exercise during the day.

Cut out the alcohol during the week & limit it to a glass of wine or 2 over the weekend & I would bet you see some progress.

I agree with Fitness Goddess, Alochol is evil when your trying to lose weight or stay healthy or even lose inches for that matter. You may have cut down your calories, but I bet those drinks adds every single calorie you had cut out back to your diet. As well as Alochol itself, makes it really hard for the body to release fat. It messes up your carbs, the alcohol itself is turned into a sugar, and not a very good one for the body. Then of course the rest of the drink needs to be taken into account, what it's made out of, or if it's a mixed drink or whatever. with a mix drink + the alochol, it's nothing to pack away 300 to 500 calories in one glass. So you may want to cut alcohol out or only have it in moderation, and make sure it's wine.

So you can actually make your body use that fat it has as actual fuel, instead of the sugar left over from the alcohol you'll get a lot more benifits, and you'll notice something with the tape measure or the way your clothes feel, pretty quickly there after.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.