Candi "Dyson" wonder....

pace1987

Cathlete
if you ever purchase the vacuum or not. Now I am in the market for a new one too. I did have a hoover. I was just wondering if you did go with the Dyson and how you like it or anyone else with a Dyson Vacuum. I do have a dog and was looking at the Dyson Animal but it seems to be sold out every where so I was thinking of just getting the regular Dyson 15 and buying later down the road the animal attachment which you can buy seperate. TIA:)

RE: Candi

I don't own one, but my daughter just purchased one this weekend. Her friend has one and swears that it is the best. I guess her friend started out by using her mother's. I am not in the market for one yet but would consider one myself if I need one. I am not sure what model they purchsed. They do have a part lab that is like a giant fur ball.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

I purchased the Dyson about a year ago, kept it for about a week and returned it. The man at Sears was in absolute shock telling me "no one has ever returned a Dyson before!" Yeah, well before me that is!
It sucked well (no pun intended -- I mean it cleaned the carpets well), and the attachments were cool and all but.... Okay I have hard wood floors as well as tile, so in order to turn the rollers off, I had to bend over and turn a knob EVERY time -- this got to be a nuisance -- especially because I have to turn the rollers off so many times! Bend over turn on, bend over turn off, bend over turn on -- between each room because of my hardwood hallways, this motion was redundant (my other vacuum had a switch on the handle - easy).
The other problem with this vacuum that I had was it was SOOOOO tall that it didn't fit under a dang thing!! I like to vacuum under my beds, under the cupboards and under some chairs, so unless you are willing to use the hose every time or pick up your bed to vacuum under, it became a problem for me.
On the plus side, it worked very well on the dog hair!

Hope this helps!
Sheryl

Go to:

http://www.epinions.com/

to see what consumers are saying.

I have thought about it, but we also have several rooms with hardwood and rugs and I like to get under the furniture regularly so an upright would not be efficient. However, Dyson does make a canister style bagless vacum too.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

I absolutley love my Dyson Animal! I just got it about a month ago and it rocks. I have a beagle and a black lab (with lots of hair). It is amazing how much crap was in my carpets and on my furniture. It works really well on bare floors (don't have to sweep any more before mopping). The cord is really long so you don't have to keep unplugging and the attachments are all great too. I bought mine on ebay brand new for $400 and I think they are in stores for like 550.

Hello Barbara,

We will be moving into our brand new home tomorrow. YAY!
I have put off purchasing the Dyson until then. I am leaning toward the Dyson canister because our new house has a few steps up to the bonus room. I think I am going to purchase mine from Ebay.

I'm glad you brought this up :)

I've been wanting to purchase one of these as well but want to be sure before I spend the money. Candi, do you know if the canister model can fit under furniture and beds? I do like being able to do that without using a nozzle but I don't think I've seen the canister model in a store yet, just the uprights.

Thanks everyone and Judy thanks for the link of reviews as it really help me make a decision. I am going to go with Dyson DC15 Ball and maybe later on down the road get an attachment call the mini turbine for picking up pet hair on the stairs and furniture but I will see how this does first. Thanks again:)

I have the Animal Dyson and had a Hoover Windtunnel before. No comparison. The first time I used my Dyson, I had to empty the cannister 5 times in a small 1000 sq ft duplex!!! YUK!!!!

I actually enjoy vacuuming now.

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.