Can Someone Help me?

I posted a thread earlier about losing weight using Cathe. Well after reading a post on that thread it got me to thinking. My focus at this point is to lose body fat, however I want to maintain muscle. I ordered the beginner tapes so that I can start the Beginner rotation Cathe suggest. I thought I should start here before going to anything else because I am aerobically out of shape. In doing this rotation, will I lose body fat? Is there anything I should add to the rotation so that I lose more body fat? Thanks to all the reply.

I am not sure that I am qualified to answer your question, but I will give it a shot....

I would say that Cathe knows better than anyone what you should be doing for the first few weeks, so I would follow the rotation as closely as possible. You should definitely see a reduction in body fat.

The only other thing I would suggest is to watch closely what you eat. Try to eat food in it's most natural form -- if you have to open a bag or box to get to your food, it's probably not good for you!

Good luck!!

Hiya,

I had replied to your previous post and saw your response to everyone. I'm no longer ashamed to admit any of this as I used to be. I used to weigh in at 270.4lbs+. That is when I finally weighed myself after dieting, that's the number I got, which really wasn't the reflection of where I was. It was so much more. But on top of that, my body fat % was over 55%, high cholesterol, inability to walk a block without gasping for air and I think you get the picture. I'd watch biggest loser each week with a big plate of food, promising that I would change. But I didn't. With the support of my husband, I entered a program in NYC, which is a year long, which offers classes with regards to eating healthy, psychology and fitness. Through baby steps, I stopped having the extra large coffee with cream and sugar and a large muffin. I stopped bingeing and I started to be more careful with eating. It took the year to really change my relationship with food. And there were slipups. As well, I learned of the importance of exercise. We were told that exercise is not be taken as the number one factor to weight loss. Weight loss will only occur with calorie control and also clean eating. But that the benefits of exercise in the long term will be helpful to your weightloss. With more muscle, your body will be able to burn more calories on a daily basis than it would without it. On top of that, the cardiovascular benefits are amazing.

So I haven't yet reached my full goal and it's been a little over a year and half. I started with Cathe when I got down to 225lbs. As of today, I'm at 196.4lbs. Overall, I've not only lost 74lbs, but I look much lighter than people think too. My body fat is down to 37.5%, I no longer have health issues and my cholesterol levels are in the optimal region. It's taken me time to shed this weight, but this is necessary, because it gives my body time to adjust, for my skin not to sag (quick weight loss) and for this to become a lifestyle. So my point is that as previously mentioned, Cathe will take you there but only when coupled with clean eating. That's the biggest part of the equation. But don't rush into it. The long term result is the most important thing at this point.

Good luck and sorry for the long post.

Rita

Thanks Sue. With time, I look forward to being able to do full body push-ups and Low Max without needing to pause!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.