Can my spouse attend?

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! We’d like to address the inquiries we have received regarding spouses coming along on the road trip.

While all road trip activities (bus transportation, meet and greet party, fitness classes/speakers, meals in house as well as Saturday night at Adelphia’s and Sunday morning at Five Points Diner) are reserved exclusively for our 105 registered attendees…..spouses may, free of charge, enjoy the other areas of our fitness facility that are open to our general membership throughout the duration of the road trip (Friday evening through Sunday morning). We will need to know this information before the event so that we can provide a list to our front desk staff. Also, spouses are surely able to attend our selected restaurants as long as they choose seating in the areas that are open to the general public during our time there. I hope that answers all of your questions. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Cathe

That is very thoughtful of you. I have to share a conversation I had with dh about going with me on a roadtrip.

me: Cathe is thinking of having roadtrips in Atlantic City.
dh: I'M GOING! But, I'm not stepping with you guys.
me: LOL I knew you would want to go.
dh: I'm staying in the hotel with you guys!
me: What are you talking about? Why would I get a roommate for Atlantic City?
dh: I thought you already had a roommate.
me: Um, honey, the roadtrip isn't in Atlantic City this year. She's only thinking about it for future roadtrips.
dh: (totally deflated) Don't tease me like that.

LOL Poor guy thought he could get permission to spend an entire weekend in Atlantic City without me watching him gamble. (It makes him nervous.) If you ever decide to host a roadtrip in Atlantic City, it's a safe bet that my dh will MAKE me attend!

How cute 6swans4me! Thanks for sharing :) Btw, John's wife is right, AC is only about 45 minutes from here should he change his mind :7

Thanks John's wife and Cathe. Dh's parents live about 20 minutes away from Atlantic City. Dh was thinking that he could have an excuse to spend an entire weekend in Atlantic City. Usually, he only spends an evening there. He might go for an evening while I'm at the RT.

Does this apply to a non-spouse friend/driving buddy along for support? I know that she would love to be able to use the fitness facilities while I am sweating away with the roadtrippers!

Hi Giraffe! I'm sorry but we can't allow this as we do need to draw the line at some point as to not overcrowd the fitness facility open to our general membership. Please check the thread that mentions things to do in the area. We are surrounded by Jersey shores, Philadelphia sites, and local fun stuff too :7

Can't wait to workout with you !!!!

How funny -- my husband was more than okay with letting me go by myself (which I figured I would have to!), but once he found out how close Atlantic City was, he was ready to go with me! So -- he's going gambling while I'm working out. I think we're going to try and get to New Jersey early Friday so I can go gambling with him for that day, then do Cathe the rest of the time!

My husband is planning to come with me and would like to be able to use the gym. Who should I contact to let them know? Thanks and can't wait until August!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.