Can I do Legs the day after I did Back/Tris?

Saturn

Cathlete
I did STS workout 8 (Back and Tri's) today, and normally would do Legs on Sunday (Saturdays I go to an exercise class and doing that and STS Legs would be overkill). I am kinda thinking that it would be nice to do Legs tomorrow. I realize I will be holding very heavy weights after using weights 24 hours prior... but as I would be working the legs, would it be okay, or better to wait until Sunday? Thanks!

I think the only issue would be hamstrings since you probably did some deadlifts in Disc 8. So you may find that they are more difficult or you can't lift as heavy as you might have. I think the only objection to doing back-to-back is if you were trying to do 2 upper bodies in a row.

Heather

I hope it's OK to do them back-to-back. I can't see where there would be a problem, as long as you don't do upper body two days in a row.

This week, I did Disc 7 on Monday, Disc 9 on Wednesday, and Disc 8 today (Thursday). I like to run on Tuesday and Friday, and I don't want to run the day after a leg workout. Crazy, I know! :p

Pennylaney

Yes, the issue is definitely that we need to wait 48 hours between the 2 upper body workouts every week. The reason why I questioned doing the leg workout the day after Back and Tri's is because I will be holding heavy weights after using them the day before. I won't be working the same muscles at all, which is why I think it is actually a-ok. There was only one set of deadlifts in disc 8, so I think I will be good to go. Thanks!

Whoops- I wanted to say that I will be holding heavy weights which does put stress on the arms and forearms... that was part of my concern..

I am so with you on not running after legs. My legs just won't allow it! I thought I'd try it once as a way to loosen them up - right.....just pack that idea up and toss it aside!

I hope it's OK to do them back-to-back. I can't see where there would be a problem, as long as you don't do upper body two days in a row.

This week, I did Disc 7 on Monday, Disc 9 on Wednesday, and Disc 8 today (Thursday). I like to run on Tuesday and Friday, and I don't want to run the day after a leg workout. Crazy, I know! :p

Pennylaney

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.