Calories Burned IMAX 4

I can only use a 6 in step if I do routines only. If I do the blasts it gets too challenging for my old body.

I love the workout though and Blast 2 is my absolute favorite. I always end up doing 2 or so extra sets for it!

Honestly it moves too quickly for me. Back in the day during my 40 to early 50s I could have breezed through it.

I am almost 66 and am 5 ft tall and am dealing with a heart condition. But I still keep on as much as I can!

I hear you, Amy Steppe! I often have to take more days for recovery than I used to and I am just a titch slower than I used to be. The last time I did IMAX 2, I fell off my step during straddle taps and fractured my wrist!!! I will stay will low impact and safe. I admire you for continuing to stay active no matter what age!

I got 212 calories doing I Max 4 with my Fitbit. Even doing the math with my weight and met values on the workout manager I am always lower than what they give even lowering calories to that met value. I think we are all different. I do find it frustrating that I am usually way low compared. I have owned two different Fit Bit watches and both were lower. Height, weight, fitness level, age all make a difference in the calorie burn so it is hard to give a standard burn.

I got 212 calories doing I Max 4 with my Fitbit. Even doing the math with my weight and met values on the workout manager I am always lower than what they give even lowering calories to that met value. I think we are all different. I do find it frustrating that I am usually way low compared. I have owned two different Fit Bit watches and both were lower. Height, weight, fitness level, age all make a difference in the calorie burn so it is hard to give a standard burn.
Hi Diane, I have a Polar and a Fitbit - tested both of them and I always come out very, very low calorie burn with the Fitbit - I honestly don't think the Fitbit is as accurate as the Polar HR. I have a chest strap with the Polar and the Fitbit doesn't so maybe that has something to do with the accuracy of the calorie burn.

Reactions: WD
Hi Diane, I have a Polar and a Fitbit - tested both of them and I always come out very, very low calorie burn with the Fitbit - I honestly don't think the Fitbit is as accurate as the Polar HR. I have a chest strap with the Polar and the Fitbit doesn't so maybe that has something to do with the accuracy of the calorie burn.
I have the same thing happen and I have owned a Fitbit Blaze and now A Versa 2 which is even worse if that is possible, I am pretty sure it is not accurate. I have just learned to accept it and know I it is just numbers. I also did the math for met value and still am way lower. Today I did I Max 4 and I burned 223 calories. Polar was better but had a tendency with all of them to go way off to nothing or 228 heart rate. Nothing I do matches up with met values in the workout manager.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.