Calorie Expendeture?

lorab

Dear Cathe or anyone,
I'm on a PRISM diet right now which is 1200 calories. I'm using your Step Heat workout and am wondering how many calories I'm burning. I know it depends on how intensly I work out. My heart rate is way above what I should be for my age. 130 and I'm almost 50. But my heart rate always goes high and I'm feeling great when I do it. I do sweat allot. I'm just wondering if I'm burning up too many of those 1200 calories I'm eating. Thanks for any help you can give me. Lora

Thanks Shaan

That site has quite a database of activities! I just used it to compute calorie burn for DH's long run. I liked the food comparisons. While he burned up 12 apples, he still hadn't worked off a Cinnabon!

Your body will let you know.

Let your body tell you. If you're hugely hungry later in the day after doing the workout, then you burned to many calories. If you're not then you're doing fine.

Same thing with your heartbeat. As long as you feel fine, you're doing fine. If you feel like you're going to keel over, then scale back.

Sometimes I think rely too much on our brains and not enough on our bodies.

You are all welcome! But someone actually had recommended the site earlier in this forum. I just happen to save the URL.

So thank you...can't remember who, but thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.