Calling all tall ladies.....

clareMc

Cathlete
Hi all:

I am 5' 8" and a bit and I find that the bit matters when it comes to buying flare leg workout pants! All the ones I have tried so far seem to shrink ever so slightly after a few washes ( and I never put my exercise gear in a dryer, only air dry naturally) and start to shrink gradually up my legs. I hate short pants! I hate anything that rides higher than the ankle, or even at the top of it. I love a longer look and cannnot find it.

So, I wanted to ask, what make of flare leg/bootcut workout pants have you tall ladies found that avoids the short trousers on a long leg ridiculousness syndrome? x(

I don't want to look like a clown! :7

Also, if you have found some, can you tell me

--where to get 'em?
--how much roughly??
--what fabric they are made of?

Thank you so much for all and every help!

Clare

I have the same problem....I'm a little over 6 feet tall and cannot find those nice, stylish pants for talls in good fabrics. They all are crummy and shrink fast. A lot of times I wear shorts either way because it's easier. Victoria's Secret has some workout pants for talls but their fabric is lousy. Real lousy. I can't even find a nice aerobics sneakers in size 12 in womens. I have to wear men's and they're not all that comfortable and hard to find as well. Hopefully Cathe has some clothes for talls.

Hi Clare, I'm 5"8 with longer legs & shorter torso - I hate short pants too - I always have a problem finding flared pants long enough.

At Costco I got a pair of BOCA pants(flared) & they are very long - they are made of 95% cotton & 5% spandex, but they feel too heavy for working out in - I wear them just for comfort, but they are nice & long so I just thought I'd let ya know!

I would be grossly hot & probably suffer heat exhaustion if I wore long pants to work out in indoors! I have to wear shorts...

:)

Good luck finding long pants.

Susan

I am 5'8" and found the black yoga pants at Old Navy to be exactly what I needed. I tried on the gray, and they were too short! Wierd!

You may want to try a dancewear store - I once tried on a pair of jazz pants at a store and they were dragging the floor because they were unhemmed. They were a nice fabric too - kind of lycra-ish.

Hope some of this helps...

Ladies:

Thank you all for your replies and words of encouragement in my search!!!

What can we conclude from your responses so far?

That long legged exercise pants are few and far between, shops' sizings are inconsistent (tell me about it!) and basically we need to cover all options by looking everywhere and if in doubt try them in all colours! :7

Isn't it hopeless! It's not as if my search for the perfect pant length were limited to exercise pants either, no indeed, this is my life time continual search for pants that are longer than the standard 30 or 30 1/2 " inseam, but not dragging the floor. And can someone tell me why it is that so often you buy, say the size 6 regular, they fit great around the hips and waist but you need more length in the leg, so you try the size 6L and suddenly, hello, there's room for a gorilla in that waistband with you! Why does a taller requirement necessarily mean a wider waist and hips?!?!?! If I ever find the perfect pair of wide leg black pants in a bi-stretch, I'm gonna invest in 3 pairs at the same time in case I never ever see them in a store again!

Ah well, keep searching I guess.....

Clare

I and 5'8" and I got mine from JCrew. They are a great length, not too long but not showing my ankles when I sit either. The fabrice is soft and stretchy and so comfy. I am not a drawstring waist person so I removed mine and just use the wide flat elastic waistband. I believe they were around $40 but were worth every penny to me. I originally go the regular length but did exchange fro the talls and they are great. Here is a link if you'd like to look: [link]http://jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod42583081&catId=cat50483[/link]

I know what you mean.

Hi,

I am 5'10" have very long legs. I have not found ANY workout pants that are long enough. I've been thinking about ordering Carushka, because they have longer inseams, but the inseams go up with the sizes. In other words, S has a shorter inseam than L. I think I'm a Medium, but need the L inseam.

If anyone has any experience with these pants, please let us know!

PennyLaney

Hi Clare -
I, too, have this problem - I am 5' 11", and find that even pants listed as "tall" are usually no more than a 32" inseam!!! I need about 34" to NOT look like a complete geek. :)
However, I just got a catalog in the mail of female surfer gear (go figure- I live in Albany, NY, and we haven't even gotten rid of our snow yet, PLUS I have never even been NEAR a surf board!) - anyway, they have workout pants, and they list all of their pants by special sizes. It looks like they have 11 pair of pants that come in "long" lengths. The catalog name is "Athleta", and their web site is www.athleta.com.
Hope this helps!
Courtney

I'm 5'10" and I've always had that problem too. Three years ago I got involved with a startup company who was making yoga clothes. I brought this issue up with the designer and they have a great pant that fits your requirements, the slim flare pant style #022. I don't have a link to their site, but this is their website: www.emogowear.com. They're 95% Cotton/5% Lycra, long, comfortable and do not shrink! Hope that helps.

I agree w/Deberah-try the victoria secret pants.I am 5'8.5" and i ordered some of theres and they are long on me...and most of my height is in my legs;) .Also, have you ever tried Nike yoga pants?i have a pair of those and i love them!

wow! excellent! lots of ideas here, thanks all so much....I'm off to do research and spend a little $$$$$$

Clare

Target

I am a little over 6' and bought a pair of Mossimo flare leg workout pants at Target for $30. They're perfect.

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.