Calling all Northeast Ohio Catheites...

L Sass

Cathlete
(AND any other Ohio Catheities if you're up for the drive) Mama Deb and I had been kicking around the idea of an Ohio get-together like we tried to pull off a few years ago.

Then last night I had dinner with my 3-day walking buddies from last year, and this question came to mind: Is anyone up for WALKING the Cleveland HALF marathon on May 18th??? If so, please let me know and we could put together a training schedule. We can all walk and talk it together --- could be fun! Anyone???

ETA this link: http://www.clevelandmarathon.com

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Count me in tentatively! :)

You up for jogging the 13 miles? Just asking...or even 3-6 miles??
I love to walk too, just asking :)

Clarissa

PS - how would we train? Via internet or in person? Remember, I am in Youngstown...

Well my 3-day buddies and I were talking about it as a training tool for the 3-day - where you have to walk. But we walk fast. I was actually kind of thinking that walking would give us more of a chance to chat along the way and get to know one another more, and if there are some among us who do not run/jog, the walk may sound more appealing. But let's see how many folks are up for the idea -- then we could fine tune from there. We could even get together Sat night to workout and then stay at one of the Cleve hotels since the race/walk kicks off so early on Sunday.

Lorrie

Sounds fun! I really love powerwalking and getting to know others would be super-fun! Keep me in the loop - you know my email. So excited!

Clarissa

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....can I crash the party and join you, even though I'm from good ol' PA??? Is a PA gal welcome???

Gayle

That would be awesome Gayle!!

PS- DH works in New Castle and I work in Villa Maria PA - where do you live??

Clarissa

Clarissa-I live (and was born/raised) in Nazareth PA. Hometown of Mario Andretti. I spoke with Lorrie last night and I'm IN for the Cleveland Half! I'm so excited....it's on my calendar and everything, ready to GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Gayle

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! <Runs back in to her own thread singing and shouting:> "Gayle's coming to Cleveland! Gayle's coming to Cleveland!!" Ok - Ohio Catheites - I am starting to get excited about a get together like this! NOW is the time for me to kick it into high gear!!!! Any other takers?

Lorrie

Bumping for one more round. Really? Is it just Clarissa, Gayle and me. Come on Ohio ladies --- where is your fitness enthusiasm? (Maybe we're just all focused on tomorrow's primary. So VOTE early and often, and THEN let us know that you really want to do this - hmmmmm???)

Lorrie

I'm in NW Ohio, and would love to come. I am going to talk to my sister about it as well, she lives in Akron. Do you mind a newbie joining you? :)

Sounds cool to me! I was thinking of bringing a friend or even DH - but he is afraid it is all girls. What do you think? Should I bring him? We work out together everyday! He is a huge runner...

Clarissa :)

Becca-the more the merrier, as far as I'm concerned!

Clarissa-bring DH along! Besides, if I'm going to WALK this event, then I'll need somebody to hold me back from RUNNING IT! lol

Gayle

Sounds like fun, I am not sure I could do it though, but it's a great idea. We need support in NE ohio, with our lovely ice storms and all...:)

Okay Gayle, I will see if he wants to go. I know - I am a runner too and it WILL be hard to not jog, even a little, won't it?

Clarissa

Hi everyone

I live in Avon and completed the 10K a year ago but I really want to RUN the half this year. (personal goal) Good luck to everyone though!

Lorie

I live in Michigan (by Flint) What time does the walk start? Could I take the train to you?
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

Hi ya' Beth - come on in if you can! It starts at 7:00 a.m. Now I'm going to go on a limb here and throw out this idea. Do any Catheites who plan to do this want to get together on Saturday (the 17th) for some Cleveland fun and dinner, and then get hotel rooms downtown so we are there for the 7:00 start? I actually think my kids want to do the kids run on the 17th. (Now how much fun could it be if we began to form "Cathe: the next generation" by bringing in our kids to meet one another and do a fitness event! HA!)

Ladies we could have a really fun time!

Lorrie

The kids run is on the 17th what time? I guess I need to find out the fees to can you help me out on this I am new to this my mom and I do a 1 mile alzheimers walk every year that's it if you could let me know I can find out the train schedule if it would be worth it or just drive it and then some hotels in the area what do you suggest?

ETS: Geez maybe I should have clicked on the link you sent!
beth6395

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.