Calling All Minnesotans!

Aquajock

Cathlete
Amadeus, Jillybean, Joanne . . . who all else is out there in The Land of 10,000 Swarms of Mosquitoes?

IMHO, I'm real, REAL tired of this jungle-fever heat, which is a total Minnesota thing to say!

But seriously, folks, just wanted to call all of us Twins Fans together!

Annette Q. Aquajock

Count me in for the Minnesota roll call! I'm located in the Twin Cities. It'll be interesting to see who else out there is a Minnesotan.

Denise

Uber joy! I'm glad to see this, maybe you can let us know where you teach. That would be cool if you're comfortable with that. Maybe we could all get together and "flex" or something. Maybe we could just watch you do IMAX in the middle of the Lake Harriet Rose garden. Of course we'd give you a good dose of DEET, don't need West Nile, now do we?

I grew up in Shakopee and now live in Coumbia Heights, BTW.

Have a great day, don't "stick" to anyone you don't like.

I agree with Amadeus. That would be really fun to get together. Put a face with a name. I live in the White Bear Lake area.
Joanne

Oh yah, you betcha! I would love to get together. Maybe Aquajock could teach me how to swim. Land of 10,000 lakes and I'm afraid of everyone! I live in Richfield. Just a hop, skip, and several million road construction signs away from the Metrodome - let's do it!

Hey, ladies! Thanks for the responses!

I teach two aqua classes at the Northwest Athletic Club in Brooklyn Center, known as the Hiway 100 club, Wed. 6:00 p.m. and Sat. 9:00 a.m. I like to think of myself as the Cathe Friedrich of the Pool, intensity-wise and hopefully creative-wise. I live in Plymouth, that bedroom community that laughably calls itself a City.

Man, are we the only Minnesotans who are Cathe-ites? There've gotta be more!

Annette

RE: Amadeus - Aqua!

For heaven's sake, you've joined the club system where I teach! How perfect could that be?

E-mail me at [email protected] and we'll talk about what a REAL aqua class is all about - you've GOT to come to my class before you decide whether aqua is right for you!

That goes for you and you and you, Jillybean and "Nitwit" and Joanne and whoever else I've forgotten!

Annette Q. Aquajock

RE: Amadeus - Aqua!

Hey guys:

I'm from Minnesota, too. But, not the Cities area, I'm by Rochester. Sure wish I could join you girls at the gym, but that's a little too far for me to go. :eek:)

Marcia

Another Minnesotan checking in! But I'm not in the Cities either. I live way down south by the Iowa border-by Fairmont (I live in the country and am a farmer). It has been miserable but it sure beats winter-yuk!
[font color=green]BETSY[/font]

Oh my gosh Aquajock you teach right near my house. I go to the St. Louis park club all the time. The shuttle man knows me and my car quite well.
I'll have to check out one of your classes soon.

RE: Tuvak1!

You have GOT to come to one of my classes, especially if it's so close to your house. I used to teach the evening classes at the St. Louis Park club (Mon. Wed. and Thurs.), but cut back on my schedule and went over to Hiway 100 "exclusively" in summer 2000. (I've been teaching the Saturday class over at Hiway 100 since August 1997.)

Again, I teach Wed. 6:00 - 7:15 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 - 10:15 a.m. Wednesday nights I use NO music, so it's really more of an athletic drill "feel" to it; Saturdays I use real tub-thumping FAST techno-funk so there's more of a dance "feel" to it. Good way to keep the variety and interest up.

BTW, is your screen handle an homage to "Star Trek Voyager"?

Annette Q. Aquajock

Hey, I'm another Minnesotan here. Aquajock - I used to "live" at the Hwy 100 Club in another life. I live out in Minnetrista now, so don't get to Hwy 100 anymore. I'm currently 7 months pregnant and have had to severely modify my exercise at this point. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get back into the swing of things after the baby is born. Good to see other "Minnesotans" here!! :7

RE: MRSchultz

Hey, Marcia! I had a cousin who lived near Rochester (Stockton), and in fact worked as a nurse for several years at the Mayo Clinic. Small world!

Annette

RE: Hey Betsy!

Doncha just appreciate Cathe on a cold winter day in the farmland? Thanks for responding!

Annette

Hey Joanne-

I'm in White Bear Lake, too! Who knows, I may have run in to you once or twice at MarketFest (or anywhere else around town!)

I hit the "post" button before I was done typing...I'm just so darn excited about all of the Minnesota connections!

Anyway, Aquajock, I've got a question for you. Can we take one of your classes on a "drop-in" basis, or do we have to join the club? You've got me thinking I may have to give this a whirl. (But knowing what I know about you and your physical condition, maybe I should preview a class before I go jumping in--no pun intended.)

Denise

RE: Hey Denise "NitWit"!

Isn't this Minnesota Reunion cool? Who knew there were so many awesome Minnesotans out there?

Thank you so much for your interest in my class, and NO, you do not have to join the club as an ongoing member to take my or any one else's studio class.

You do have a couple of options: purchase a one-day guest pass; OR I could let you know when the next Member Appreciation Day is on a Wednesday night where members, associates and instructors can have guest in free of charge. (They never have this Member Appreciation Day on a Saturday.) I just called my club and they do not have the date set yet for August's free day, but if you'd like to e-mail me off the board I can let you know that date - hopefully it'll be a Wednesday (it shifts around).

The beauty of aqua is that you CAN get a great workout regardless of your initial aqua skill or physical conditioning level. I have a great mix of age ranges, skill ranges and condition ranges in my evening AND Saturday classes, and the best part is that everyone is so good natured to boot! Trust me, you'll get a great workout for YOU!

Thanks again! I'm very flattered!

Annette Q. Aquajock

[email protected]

:):):):):)

RE: Hey Betsy!

You got it, Aquajock!! Cathe is about all I do anymore, other than Gin's Intense Moves. I do run outside in the warmer months but it is almost impossible to run in the winter. Yeah, Cathe keeps me toasty warm in my basement.
[font color=green]BETSY[/font]

RE: Congrats jlbl!

~~~ come back to hiway 100 ~~~
~~~ come back to hiway 100 ~~~

(that's subliminal messaging)

Congratulations on your impending little one (who probably doesn't feel too little right now!)!

Any chance you'll rejoin the club and hike in from Minnetrista to get the best aqua workout in the industrialized world?

Annette Q. Aquajock
:):):):):)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.