Calithesincs:Matt Furey & Geo Takoma style

deborahsaipan

I'd love to see Cathe put her unique, unbeatable stamp on body weight only workouts.
Matt Furey and Geo Takoma (the guy who coined the phrase "power yoga") believe that the best way to functional fitness is through body weight only exercises. They both have programs, but I'd love to see Cathe do it.
These guys do things like Hindu Pushups (anyone know what those are?) and Hindu squats (likewise?) and a bunch of calisthenics that involve body weight only.
Geo Takoma is 58 years old, a Vietnam Vet, and looks about 35.
Give it a try, Cathe, I know you can kick us up a notch fitness wise with this kind of program...

I've seen Hindu squats: they are not safe looking to me, a real knee problem in the making. You go down really low into a squat, and do them very fast (at least the video I've seen of them).

I would like a body weight only workout. Maybe another bootcamp-type workout with kickboxing, plyo moves and body-weight resistance training (or maybe some exercises with bands only, 'cuz it's hard to hit the back and rear shoulder area with body weight exercises only, unless you do pull-ups).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.