Cable to go from ipod to TV?

llp

Cathlete
SNM:
I'll most likely buy the downloads, but I've got a couple of questions before I do so.

1) Will the DVDs have the premixes on them just like the DVD's?

2) What type of cable do I buy to go from my ipod to the TV? (I want to make sure this works with my current SC downloads that I already have). In other words is there a name of this cable I should ask for at the store?

3) What input(hole) does the cable go into on my TV?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions!

I'll take a stab since I went through the process already...

Downloads don't come with the premixes, and you can't purchase them separately either. SNM has stated that you will get them (or can make your own) with the Workout Blender software coming this fall.

You probably want an Apple Cable as newer iPods will only work with Apple cables. You will want the Composite AV Cable or the Component AV Cable.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cables_docks

The website will tell you if a particular cable is compatible with your iPod.

As for your TV read the manual or just look and see what inputs it has. Notice the number of inputs, the type (audio or video) and the color. And any text. They are color coded so you can't go wrong.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the info about the cable.

What I don't understand is once you download to your Ipod how will you get the premixes from the workout blender software on to your Ipod?

I bought the composite wire. but when I got home and tried it on the tv, I only had sound. I tried it from different pods, (2 iPhones and 1 iTouch) same results. Took it back to the Apple store. They tried it, same result. Maybe that wire was defective. Finally bought the component wire and now it works great.

Thanks again for the help.

Debd: Out of my depth!

JennyBear: thx for the info on the cables-the apple store seems to have them for $45. That seems expensive. I will check that out, and also maybe something cheaper!
Linda: I better hurry up and get a cable to test this out! Thanks for testing it out and I will keep your experience in mind. How much did the cable cost you?

Everyone is always a step ahead of me! But, I appreciate it!

Linda: The Apple cables are expensive, but depending on what model iPod you have you may not have to purchase the most expensive one. Some of the older iPods (such as the iPod Video 5th Generation and some iPod Nanos) do not require the cable that connects through the dock connector and can use a regular 1/8" mini-plug that supports audio and video, which is significantly less money (Apple part #M9765G/A on Amazon for around $7 new). Take your iPod with you to an Apple Store and they can help you locate the best cable for the job. If you are not near an Apple Store, let us know what model iPod you have and we'll let you know what cable you need to purchase.

Linda: The Apple cables are expensive, but depending on what model iPod you have you may not have to purchase the most expensive one. Some of the older iPods (such as the iPod Video 5th Generation and some iPod Nanos) do not require the cable that connects through the dock connector and can use a regular 1/8" mini-plug that supports audio and video, which is significantly less money (Apple part #M9765G/A on Amazon for around $7 new). Take your iPod with you to an Apple Store and they can help you locate the best cable for the job. If you are not near an Apple Store, let us know what model iPod you have and we'll let you know what cable you need to purchase.

Thanks Curt,
I''ll see if there's an Apple Store close by, if not, I'll let you know what ipod I have. I think it is 3 years old(not sure). Thanks for all the info, and glad I don't have to spend $45 on the cable!

I originally bought a non-Apple cable. It worked for the Video iPod fine but then we upgraded to iPod touch and iPhones so the cable does not work and had to buy an Apple cable anyways. Something to consider...the money might go further if you stick with Apple.

I originally bought a non-Apple cable. It worked for the Video iPod fine but then we upgraded to iPod touch and iPhones so the cable does not work and had to buy an Apple cable anyways. Something to consider...the money might go further if you stick with Apple.

thanks JennyBear. I'll consider that. I have the regular old [I don't know what] iPod. My husband just got an iTouch for my daughter to use(and I guesss he will, although he has the same whatever iPod that I have). I don't think I will use the iTouch, but, guess it is something to think about!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.