~~C~T~Monday~~

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning c&t girls,

Sorry I didn't come around yesterday. Just hanging with the fam and relaxing. I didn't end up working out because I could barely walk. My legs are SO sore. It's ridiculous. I am not sure I've ever had DOMS like this before.

This morning was back and biceps from PS and BM2. I like double working a muscle like that. I feel like it really does a good job.

Today Ryan had to be in Brussels at 8 so he left SUPER early and it woke up Annabel so she's been up since about 4:45 which is awesome. She's got a cough and couldn't get back to sleep. She's not going to school today but Ellie is. Ellie is NOT happy about that. I don't see a huge reason to drive her back and forth but I have always told them that they don't both get to stay home if one is sick and while it's really for Anna's sake, I have to follow through with Ellie.

I'll come back later for personals... the site is being kinda funny and I can't read y'day's posts.

BBL...

Morning!

Angie, What rotation are you following? Sounds good! What was your leg wo?
Sorry for the KD! I always feel bad sending Isabel when Gina is home sick.

-
Laura & I have 6 weeks til Warrior Dash - time to step up our training game!:D I'l be doing MEso 2 as 1 part per day with cardio and stretching daily too. I'm looking forward to clean eating and RESULTS, baby!

How are our preggos doing today?! :D:D:D:D

Gina gets bands on her molars today to prep for her expander and braces in 2 weeks. Hope it goes well for her!

gotta get some AM things around - bbl!

Wake up, Sleepyheads! :D:D:D

Can I just say how WONDERFUL it is to have the house totally to myself in the morning?! I get so much done and a solo shower is just the icing on the cake!

Good Morning Girls ! :)

Yes, Angie, I'm wondering about your rotation too ! Sounds good !
Kate, my favorite time of the day , especially when kids were little but even still today, is early in the morning before anyone else is up !!
Good luck Gina, at the Ortho !!

I had a great day yesterday. Dinner with my mom & dad- she loves her new swing !
Then we brought Brayden home to play for a while. We played football, played on the swings, "monster trucks " , colored and watched Spongebob ! Loads of fun ! We even went to the store and he picked out a tomato plant to plant . He wanted a yellow "pear" tomato !
Fantastic fun with the little guy !:D

My youngest daughter took me out for chinese in the evening, just the two of us ,:) and my older daughter got me flip flops (3 pair) from Old Navy- so cute and a g/c .:)

I'm starting FF's summer rotation this morning.
I pulled a muscle in Friday's workout (trap muscle) and I'm still using Aleve and a heating pad, so I'm going to ease into it..........and hold my breath !!

good morning!

ouch, becky! hope the aleve helps and you enjoy your wo.

angie, i hate those early mornings that are not solo. i did back and bis yday so i could do abs and some leg work today. my bis were really cooked and it was great.

kate, enjoy your quiet time today, and enjoy your training with laura. great rotation plan.

i slept soooo much last night, i feel awesome today. 9:30-6am, with only 2 wake ups between. i will not run today, much as i want to, just b/c of yday's run. hope to go for a swim this am, but i hear aidan coughing a bit, so when he gets up, i need to see what that is about.

eats were spot on yday, despite my hunger. i am looking for another great day today. tomorrow both boys have a swim lesson in the morning. bbl

This preggo is feeling pretty rough... Baby Skunk gave me a fit on Mother's Day yesterday, and then had me up puking at 2 am. Chris joked that "he" must be growing his penis right now (ie, working really hard and making me sick).

This preggo is feeling pretty rough... Baby Skunk gave me a fit on Mother's Day yesterday, and then had me up puking at 2 am. Chris joked that "he" must be growing his penis right now (ie, working really hard and making me sick).

ROFLOL!!! That's hilarious! Sorry you're so pukey tho! NOT FUN!

Becky, What fun times for you! You are the best!
OW on the pulled muscle! Hope it heals fast!

Nina, Hope you have a great day! I'm trying to decide if I want to enroll the big girls in Summer Swim. it will be a fight w/ isabel:rolleyes:

-
clean bfast ate - no eating til lunch!

Happy Monday!

Am I ever tired today! Stayed up late with Darrin while he watched Titanic-til 11:40 then stayed up even later;) Finally got to sleep around 12:30. Today I need to hit the grocery store-we have nothing healthy left and I'm in dire need of an eating makeover. Nothing else planned except my workout-PP upper body premix and some abs. Had fun at my sil's-watched the kids play, laughed a lot. We asked Darrin's sister if her little girl could stay the night soon-she'll be 3 next month and loves Danica and they told us she wouldn't be staying the night anywhere:( So bummed for my kids, but whatever. And it was almost like they were implying we were bad for letting our girls stay the night places-my parents', mil's and younger sil's. Ah, well.

Angie, sorry about the kid issues-we've all been there. Good workout!

Kate, were your ears burning? I was just talking about you and the Warrior Dash the other day:) Are you going to run for your cardio? I wish I had someone at my level nearby to train with-way more fun. Good luck to Gina!

Becky, what a nice day! I love watching my mom and dad play with the girls-make my heart happy:)

Nina, send those clean eating vibes norht to MI! I've been a train wreck lately:( Glad you got soem rest alst night. I already need a nap!

Katie, I so sympathize!! Hugs.

Good morning!

Wendy, hope you had a good day yesterday! Is jj feeling better?

Angie, wow on the doms! Hope Annabel is feeling ok!

Kate, hope the ortho appt for Gina goes well! Great job getting back into your w/o so quickly!!

Becky, hope your pulled muscle feels better, take it easy! Glad your day went great and that your mom loved her gift!

Nina, glad you were able to get a good night’s sleep! Hope Aidan is feeling ok!

Katie, sorry for the sickness, that is no fun esp. in the middle of the night! I hope you feel better!

Klaudia, that was us yesterday, no good food! After the groc. Store and Costco and WAY TOO MUCH money spent, we are stocked!

Hi to everyone else!!!

I am going to be leaving work a little early today to finish up these costumes and then we have one of the dress rehearsals tonight, so I won’t be back here today. I will be squeezing in a w/o this afternoon, not sure which one yet. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Clintonya

Good Morning Everyone!

I can't believe it is Monday already. This morning's workout was a 2 mile run followed by plyo legs disc 32. My legs are fried. I hope I can do CS tonight to loosen them up. Quiet day at workout today which I really need. Friday was a little crazy so I am not caught up yet.

Angie, sorry Annabel is sick. yeah for DOMs - I hope that means you are getting some great muscle.
Katie, I hope the baby does better today. No fun feeling sick.
Nina, I got sick a couple days after doing the first Shiva Rae so I think that is why I didn't like it. I will try it again later this week.
Becky, glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Hope your muscle feels better.
Klaudia, that's strange about SIL. I think it is good for everyone is your kids can get away from you for a night or too. I used to love going to my grandparents when I was younger.
Anne, glad to hear your dad is out of ICU. I hope moving him to PA works out.
Clintonya, glad you got your date night in this weekend. I know it is hard when you are tired.
Wendy, sorry to hear JJ is not better yet.

b: buff smoothie, scrambled eggs
l: grilled chicken salad
s: almonds & grapes
d: steak, asparagus, sweet potato

Hey all,

Well, I ended up keeping Ellie home because she started coughing but I think both of them could have gone to school. They're all sorts of full of energy and I'm having a hard time occupying them!

A couple of you asked which rotation I'm doing - it's FF's Jan '09 and I'm really enjoying it. Now, as usual, if I could just get my eating in order.

Kate, sorry you're not in FL anymore. I love FL so much. Ryan asked me the other day where I wanted to retire. Definitely FL. No hesitation. I want to live on the beach. Good luck with your training. Sounds so fun! The leg workout was PLB (standing) and 4DS calves. Not sure why it affected me so much. Been a while since I did a good leg workout I think. S&H didn't cut it for me.

Becky, sounds like you had a fab day yesterday. So fun! Sorry about your pulled muscle. Enjoy your new rotation!

Nina, sounds like your mother's day was good too. I did like the combo of those two bicep workouts. I couldn't keep up with her pace with the 15s though in BM2. I had to go down to 12s. But otherwise, it was good.

Katie, LOL on little Skunk's activity. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. It's rough, I can so vividly remember. Hang in there - your body is working HARD.

Klaudia, nice night with D! :) Sorry about the sleepover fail. Bummer. Let it roll off your back. Don't worry about it. I'm with you on the eats. I have a few lbs to lose pretty quickly here!

Clintonya, hope you can get out of work early. You have a busy few days coming up! Can't wait to see pics!

Colleen, glad you have a quiet day today. Great job with your WO. Leg DOMS are rough. Menu looks great! Can you send me your eats for the day?

I'm in a quandary because I really don't want to eat meat anymore here. We're going to try a different butcher and see what we can find. I'm just annoyed.

Girls are happily playing upstairs. Practicing a dance for daddy! :) Time for some R&R for mom.

Hi to Anne (have an awesome week!), Lisa (how are you???), and Wendy (sorry JJ is not better)!

Later all!

Sitting here waiting for Darrin to bring my truck back-his wouldn't start today so the mechanic from work came out. It's running in my driveway-you can't turn it off cause it's diesel? Anyway I can't grocery shop yet so I'm going to go workout. I have decided to revamp our eating-especially with the snacks. We have too many packaged snacks-granola bars, etc. And although they're mostly healthy(Kashi), they're taking up the place of real food. So I made a "New Rules For Eating" that will include oatmeal 3x/week, eggs 2-3x/week and cereal OR pancakes OR waffles 1-2x/week. Granola bars will now be a treat as will semi sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate, etc. Lunch will be leftovers from dinner, soup/chili, pb&j, nitrate free deli meat (1-2 times/week), salad w/cheese, seeds, or nuts, tuna fish. Snacks will be things like fruit, nuts, seeds, cut up veggies, hummus, air popped popcorn. The kids are to help me plan meals and I made a general menu-pasta, Mexican, grilled chicken/beef, fish, 1 night out, etc. Hope it works and I don't meet with too much resistnce!

Clintonya, recital time is upon us! Danica is sp so much time at the studio-extra practice for the exam, learning a new routine to perform this summer at local festivals and regular classes-oy! But after this cold weekend we had, am I ever happy their activity of choice is INDOORS!

Colleen, glad today isn't so crazy for you! I thought so too about the sleepover thing. These are her only cousins nearby-the other ones are in their teens-late 20's!

Angie, I'm signing up all 3 girls for 3 weeks of summer day camp form 9-12:30 4 days/week cause otherwise I'll go crazy! Maybe going vegetarian while you're in France wouldn't be so bad!

Angie - Isn't that always the case? You keep them home because they seem sick then all of a sudden at home they have all kinds of energy!

Kate - So did your monthly friend come back yet? I don't know why it would stay at bay, but I do wonder if you really are low fat right now even though you may not feel or think it. It would be AWESOME to be pg together again! Yay for a quiet house!

Becky - Sounds like you had a nice dinner out. Sorry about the pulled muscle.

Katie - Sorry for the pukeys. My nausea has arrived. Blah! Too funny about him making his penis. Wonder what your DH wants....

Nina - Yay for a full night's rest!

Klaudia - Your menu idea sounds totally awesome. I really need to do that at home too. I do really well then burn out and fall into the same snack trap. You have inspired me though to start again.

Clintoya - We're in the midst of recital and rehearsals for my dd as well! Her recital is on Sunday and dress rehearsal is on Thurs. night. Gotta make sure I have make-up for her.

Colleen - I know, I can't believe Monday is already here. Hope the week flies by as quickly as the weekend did.

Hi Wendy, Anne, and all!

I eeked my way through ME this morning after no workouts this weekend. I did get a lot of walking carrying P on the sand at the beach this weekend which I will count as my wo! The yucky nausea has arrived. The smells have been distracting. I can't even stand the smell of my own sweat while I'm working out. Anyway, trying to push through and ignore the nausea since I hate puking. Although it has kept my appetite at bay and nothing seems good to eat. Has anyone hear ever had a canker sore in their mouth that just wouldn't go away? I have a canker sore that has shrunk but still there for almost 3 weeks now. It doesn't really hurt anymore, but wondering what I can do to make it go away. I read up on it and it says they don't know what causes it but one of the theories is hormones during PMS and pregnancy. Any natural remedy ideas? Anyhoo, better get going and get ready for work.

Quickie,,,, Great day! Clean eats and just did STS chest and CS Opposing Muscle Groups. AH!
Bought a freestanding heavy bag at Dick's today! YAYAYAYAY! Need to drag it in the house and fill it.:eek:

Klaudia, I'm going to run sometimes. I know Laura is anxious to get out there so I'll join her sometimes. We are **SO EXCITED** to go to WDash!
You can SO do your eating plan! Plain & simple....if the junk isnt around you cant eat it! No self-sabotaging! You can do it! :D:D:D
We stayed up too late too! :D:D:D;)

Clintonya, Recital madness!!! Have fun! And AWESOME JOB getting your WO in!

Angie, It's always the eats isnt it?:mad:
ooh, I HATE when the girls pull one over on me with "sickness"! So frustrating!
Retiring to FL sounds gooood to me! I'm counting down til our July vacation now!
Yeah, your meat issues are yucky! Id be tempted to go veggie too!

oh, and my sis Libby is babysitting for Is & Ju while I take G to ortho! HOORAY!

Ack! I'm out of time! Sorry, everyone! I'm leaving for the airport to pick up TCB. Yay! Have a great week and I'll check in as I can.

anne

klaudia, i love your meal plan. i am mostly in charge of the boys, and we all need to follow that. everything is okay, except what about dessert? i have to give them some treats (well, i don't HAVE to, but i do). usually after lunch they want their daily dessert, and it is either a popsicle or a few cookies (gingersnaps, fignewtons or animal cookies). those are not trigger foods for me, hence them being in the house. snacks are string cheese, triscuits, fruit, sometimes toast and pb, some cereal. now if i could get dh on board... what would you do for dessert?

anne, have a great time!!!

angie, sorry for the sick kids. mine seemed fine at pickup, but lunch was one big fussy episode, then wouldn't you know it? finn gets a chough and congestion. luckily it made him nap.

lisa, so sorry for the nausea and puke. take it easy, 'kay?

katie, i ahve heard you are sicker with girls than boys, though i would not know from experience;)

kate, glad you are excited about the run. i agree with lisa - do you think your monthly friend is not there b/c of low body fat? you have so much muscle and are so tiny.... did you decide to see a doc?

got my swim in, abs and leg work and some yoga. the house i saw today was darling, exceot the bathrooms:( i think it will work, again, if the peope will negotiate price. i will secure it, and wiat for dh to see it thursday. i just want all this done!

anne, have a blast this week!

kate, sounds like you are settled in from FL! great WO! nice that your sis is sitting for the ortho appt, makes it so much easier!

lisa, i was nauseous quite a bit in the first tri but never actually puked. no advice there, im just not much of a puker but i felt like it all the time.

katie, lol @ skunk growing his penis!! i guess your dh wants a boy =)

kl, i like your rules! and ITA with kate, if its not in the house you cant eat it!! its a good strategy for me right now because it only leaves eating out as potentially unclean.

colleen, a run plus plyo legs... my legs would be fried, too!

angie, wtg on lb doms! yes, become a vegetarian!

clintonya, cant wait to see pics of your little ladies in costume!

bbiab...headed to the base for food shopping and haircuts...

Kate - How fun with the punching bag! Awesome workouts today!
Anne - Have fun with TCB!!
Nina - ^5 on the eats and workouts! Hope the house works out. We're taking a break right now.
Wendy - How's JJ feeling? I'm the same, nauseous with no puking.

Came home from work early. I was totally dragging. Thinking about doing some yoga and abs later. Trying to figure out dinner. Eats are clean so far. Bfast was greek yogurt, blueberries, and granola. Lunch is steamed pot stickers. Rainy, dreary day here.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.