BYOU

sittinduck

Cathlete
I ordered this workout/dance mix for my 11 1/2 yo daughter. She has tried kickmax with me in the past but it was real difficult for her. At that time it was for me too..not so much anymore! I have been working the last two days trying to help her learn these dance steps and thanks to cathe I can keep up and even get some kick in my step... ( 2hrs last night) (1 hr today) dancing. This video is fun and very challanging. I checked it out on collagevideo but bought a great copy from amazon for like 7 bucks. Anyone tried this? How are your thoughts on it...

If you have seen this imagine a 36 year old woman dancing like Britney Spears....:eek: I moved the mirror so I couldn't see me...hahaha!!

duck

I am looking for some really dancy workouts right now because I really like Cathe's dancier step routines. I looked at the reviews for this one on amazon and I was kind of disappointed, not in the dvd, but in the parents reviews. Many of the reviews read like this, "My daughter started this dvd and after 5 minutes quit because it was too hard. I don't blame her, there was not enough instruction for a 13 year old to follow." This approach is wrong on so many levels...

Rather than encouraging the child to keep trying, the parent does the exact opposite. The child is taught that it is okay to give up, even though all of the facts/information have not been recognized (i.e. not even finishing the whole tape!).

I never look to amazon's reviews for exercise help anyway. I would much rather come to this forum, where so many of the people are knowledgeable regarding working out and staying healthy.:)

Oh yes...Duck, that is so great that you are doing the workout with your daughter to help her out. I wish I encountered more parents like that...

I read the reviews myself and they were a bit off-putting! But my daughter has put on a little weight and she wasn't interested in moving so much anymore! So, I thought Byou is a "cheetah girl" and is "hip" for her so I will get it and try it. It is very hard to do but there is a chapter where they break down the moves...we rewind alot...pause try it..rewind.. In two days time alot of bonding...yelling..giggling..and dropping to the floor we got the warm up down! Yay! I just tell her look what we can do now in just two practices..before you know it we will be flying through the warm up like it was so easy!
Discipline and determination is key! I can see if a parent was to buy it for the child and walk away it could be very frustrating and a collector of dust. But, I am still trying to look tough during kickbox...so because of learning Cathe I am now trying to look "hip" for my daughters well being...lol! I do break a sweat doing the warm-up a couple times through. Lord help me if I figure this out and visit the local saloon...tee hee}( ;-) x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.