Butt lifters!

JanetP1507

Cathlete
I'm looking for suggestions as to what exercises (besides squats) are good for lifting the butt and giving it some shape??? Thanks!!!!

Everyone swears kettlebell swings are the best way to whip your butt into shape. I've have added 250 swings to my daily workouts this week. It's too early to report results, but I can tell you that my butt is sore!:eek:

Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor and do hip raises high enough so your body is a straight plane from your shoulders to your knees. Do 30 slow reps, then pulse it 30 times. I find these very effective in reshaping the back side. You can also do pelvic tilts, same position, but keep your back on the floor and just rotate your pelvis up, squeezing your glutes. High reps is the key so do lots of them! Hope this helps.

fit44 said:
I find her form really odd for some reason.

Really? I thought her back looked flat and she seemed to power from her hips. I am not an expert at all though when it comes to swings so maybe I'm just not seeing something. I'll check out your links too. Thanks!

lovebeingfit said:
Lie on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor and do hip raises high enough so your body is a straight plane from your shoulders to your knees. Do 30 slow reps, then pulse it 30 times. I find these very effective in reshaping the back side. You can also do pelvic tilts, same position, but keep your back on the floor and just rotate your pelvis up, squeezing your glutes. High reps is the key so do lots of them! Hope this helps.

Do you do this just one set? Also, how many times per week? It hurts by cheeks just thinking about it! :)

Really? I thought her back looked flat and she seemed to power from her hips. I am not an expert at all though when it comes to swings so maybe I'm just not seeing something. I'll check out your links too. Thanks!

It's how low she swings the bell. I think the difference in form has to do with kbell certification. Another forum suggested that her form/training would be for someone who is interested in lighter kbell training (kettleworx, kettlenetics) because the form doesn't translate to heavier, traditional kbell training.

I would consider Anthony Digulio & Steve Cotter kbell purists.

I've been using youtube downloads from this blog for my swings.
http://tracysfoodandthought.blogspo...-max=2012-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=23

Last edited:
fit44 said:
It's how low she swings the bell. I think the difference in form has to do with kbell certification. Another forum suggested that her form/training would be for someone who is interested in lighter kbell training (kettleworx, kettlenetics) because the form doesn't translate to heavier, traditional kbell training.

I would consider Anthony Digulio & Steve Cotter kbell purists.

I've been using youtube downloads from this blog for my swings.
http://tracysfoodandthought.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=23

Okay, thanks! I am def a beginner. I use a 15#er right now and just learning the basics. Can't wait til Cathe comes out with a Ktb workout someday! Hopefully!

fit44 said:
If you watch Lauren's swing closely, she is not driving the bell up with her hips. There is no way she could drive up a heavy bell using the same form in her video.

Here is a video of Anthony's wife driving a heavy bell with her hips. Look how close the bell is to her body/hips.
Minute of Strength #1: Getting Started with Kettlebells - Introduction to the Swing | Art of Strength

Wondering if we are talking about the same gal! LOL! I am referring to Brooke! Okay, I'll check out Anthony's wife....

Wondering if we are talking about the same gal! LOL! I am referring to Brooke! Okay, I'll check out Anthony's wife....

Yes, we are. Typing without coffee. :eek: Lauren Brooks has excellent form!
I was referrring to Brooke Benton. She is not RKC certified.

I'll go back and edit my error. :eek:

1) The pizza press move like what Cathe does in the floor work for B&G.

2) The Brazilian Butt Lift work outs from Beach Body. I did a BBL rotation and definitely saw improvement in my Bum! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.