Buff Badgers Wek of Sept. 10th

heartymax

Cathlete
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I relaxed and didn't do much. No workouts this weekend. I have two short papers due in class so I completed one of those and started another one over the weekend.

My oldest went to a lock in a church on Friday nite and he said it was fun. It was from 10 PM to 6AM. This gave him a chance to get to know some more of the youth in the church. Yesterday we had a picnic after church and the family enjoyed it.

Today was STS Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I was needing some fun factor so STS does that for me.

Wishing everyone a good week.

Brenda----have you been eating lunch outside lately??

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Ripped in 30 Week 3, 30 Day Shred Level 3 and Skogg Intervals Level 3. Hmmm just realized that I was having a three day thing going on. :D I also need to change what I do on the weekends, because I didn't get any workouts in. I would start doing something around the house and the time just got away from me. ;)

heartymax, Our church had a picnic yesterday also. I didn't go since I really had a ton of things to do at home. Glad to hear that your ds had a good time at the lock-in. My dd has gone to some of those also.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning. Saturday was a mixed bag: a KPC premix, the firewalker tabata from Crossfire, and stability ball abs from Body Fusion.

No workout yesterday. It was DS's first day of Sunday school. He was so cute! But, he has a bad cold which I seem to have a touch of. To The Max was on the schedule for this morning, but I woke up with a scratchy throat and a sour stomach. I think I'll stick with my rotation but sub in easier cardio until I shake the cold. I know you're supposed to be able to work out when you have a cold, but I hate it.

Anyway, I'm going to do a Leslie later and load up on my vitamins. I feel like I can still fight off the worst of it.

Heartymax- I didn't go to our church picnic this year. In fact, we joined our church two years ago and I still haven't gone! I should go, because we really don't know many people there. We're starting a new Bible study next Sunday though and we're hoping to meet some people that way.

Laurie- Yay for 3 :D I've finally accepted that workouts just don't happen for me on Sundays. Church takes up the morning, and then we'll often go out for brunch, and then we're sleepy and lazy all afternoon. :)

Have a great day!

Heartymax - Glad you had a relaxing weekend and finished one of your papers. I don't think writing papers is relaxing though. ;) I hated writing papers when I was in school. DD is working on her college essay and I don't envy her one bit.

Laurie & Sam - If I don't get my workout in first thing on Saturday or Sunday it usually doesn't get done. I might go for a walk but that's about it. It's sooooooooooo hard when you wake up sleepy and have tons of other things to do.

It was a bad weekend of eating. Stayed out late Friday night and up early Saturday morning so I was very tired on Saturday. We also need to replace our mattress. For the past several weeks I haven't gotten a good night's sleep and when I'm tired and stressed a bit, I make bad choices. At least I exercised. Did Tony Horton Power Half Hour Thigh Trimmer on Sunday and a 1.5 mile walk. Nothing yet today but back on the wagon as far as eating.

Hi Ladies!

I had a good weekend. Got everything done that I wanted to and had some fun times Saturday night at a street dance in a small town close to our house. They shut down the entire street had a band called Rebel Grace. They played country rock and were really good. The female singer had an excellent voice.

Saturday I met with the lady for painting the wall mural. Went pretty well. Loved her ideas and DH liked her ideas as well. Then after she left we did the math and figured out approx how much this would cost us and yikes!! :eek: Bad thing is, I would really really love to have her paint this wall mural. I think it would look amazing and add so much to the basement.

As for workouts, Saturday I did Cardio Super Sets w/bonus step and Sunday was my rest day. This morning I started STS Mesocycle 2 with chest, shoulders, and triceps. I have a feeling I’ll be feeling in my chest tomorrow. It’s all good though. :D

Heartymax – Yep, I’ve still been having my lunches outside as long as it doesn’t rain. I figure I need to enjoy the nice days while we have them since we are in Sept. Writing papers doesn't seem too relaxing to me. :p

Laurie - As for weekends, I only workout Saturday morning and I make sure I do that first thing when I get up so it's done. Sunday's are always my rest day. I agree, weekends there is usually so much going on that if you don't get it in right away, time can get away from you.

Sam - I like doing mixed workouts like that, it seems to go faster for some reason. Awe, first day of Sunday school for DS. I hope you feel better and got some rest today so it doesn't turn into anything worse.

Sue - I think we all have those days/weekends of not making the best choices. The thing is you acknowledged it and got yourself back on track today. When I have those moments where I don't make the best eating choices, I have a tendency to beat myself up about it, but I'm getting a little better and tell myself that I made bad choices, it is what it is and move on and get yourself back on track.

Hi Susan!

Have a great night everyone!
Brenda

This morning was To the Max.

Sam----I agree---you better sub for easier cardio since you are not feeling well. I can barely get through TTM when I am feeling top notch:D

Brenda
--WOW! A street dance sounds like so much fun. That counts as an extra workout. I am not familiar with the costs of murals. My cousin had one done for her daycare in the basement and it is so pretty. Not sure how much she spent but it is nice.

Sue
--Yep! We all understand the days of getting off track. At least we don't go months with being off track. We support each and other make sure we get it back together.:cool:

Laurie--I have been meaning to do Shred, but wanted to get the hang of my new workouts so I gotta do them a few times so I can feel better. I truly love TTM. Today was my 2nd time doing it. I have to try Cross Fire again---if I feel like having my butt kicked.

Hi Susan!

I hate getting old! :eek: I'm going to blame it on that, since I'm heading into the age for menopause. Went to lay down last night, and within 5 min. had to get up and take Midol because I had HORRIBLE cramps. :rolleyes: I usually don't complain, but I can really tell that my body is changing. :( So with having that, and also having to get up during the night I didn't get much sleep so didn't workout this morning. :( Will see how the day goes, but I sure hope that I can get in a workout after work. More Midol is probably in store for today. :D

Sam, Taking it easy when you don't geel well is the best way to go IMO. ;) I probably could have done that this morning, but sleeping was a much better option for me. :D

Sue, I guess I will have to get used to my weekends again, it just was really nice to get up, have a cup of coffee, eat some breakfast while watching some stupid on TV. :D Well I actually watched a couple of episodes of Downton Abby. :) Guess I will get into the routine again this coming weekend.

Brenda, Sounds like a great time at the street dance. I have been to those in my hometown. Always a ton of fun. I'm guessing that it was a bit expensive for the mural? We are going to be spending some $$ this coming month getting our house painted, and bee hives taken care of. Apparently our house is a hornet magnet! :rolleyes:

heartymax, I'm sure that you will find some time to get that workout in, but do the ones that you want to do until that point. I'm just on a Jillian kick right now. :D

Have a great day!

Good Morning Ladies!

Oh boy are my pecs talking to me today. ouch!! Feeling STS from yesterday for sure. This morning I did Cardio Core Circuit. Haven't done that one in a really long time. I like that it's tough but it does have somewhat of a dread factor.

Heartymax - The street dance was a lot of fun. I'm really glad we went.

Laurie - I hope the Midol kicks in so you feel better. Yep, the wall mural is going to be expensive. I'm not shooting it down just yet though because I really want it. :)

Hi Sam!
Hi Sue!
Hi Susan!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

I am here, finally!:eek: Okay, last Friday I did an hour of Pilates, Saturday I went for a 4.3 mile run and did lower body pilates. Sunday I went for a 60mn hike and did calisthenics. Yesterday I overslept so I just walked Ruby after work. Today was S90 Cardio Challenge followed by Ab RipperX.

My weekend was quiet over all. I teach 2 & 3rd grade Sunday school and Sunday was the 1st day. It was a lot of fun. :) Sunday afternoon I got into watching the CrossFit games on ESPN, while also watching the Packers. I really liked it and I see they are starting the 2012 games tonight!

Laurie, sorry you are entering into that 'phase" my good friend is too and I feel so bad.

Well, it appears I have to help DS with his Confirmation work. I'll check back in tomorrow!

Hope you all get a good nights rest! Susan

Good morning, everyone. Yesterday was kind of a lost day. I did do a Leslie 2-miler on Monday, but that was the last time I did much of anything. I woke up with a horrible sore throat and bad, bad, bad cramps. So, my getting-a-cold dizziness and my TTOM dizziness combined to make me feel like a zombie all day. Yuck. I'm feeling a bit better today, but I probably won't work out.

Laurie- Sorry to hear that time of life is coming. I know it can be difficult. I can sympathize with the cramps, anyway :confused:

Susan- Sounds like you kept busy the last few days. How fun to teach Sunday School :)

Heartymax- You're making me want to do TTM so bad! But I know it would just be frustrating right now. I'm thinking Saturday...

Brenda- That's why I've opted not to buy Cardio Core Circuit. It looks like a great workout, but I don't think I'd ever reach for it. Stuff for the house is so expensive, isn't it? I feel stuck so much of the time with what I'd like to do with the house. We're always torn between making cheap, temporary fixes and just waiting until we can do things the right (expensive) way.

Sue- My eating yesterday could probably rival anyone's in a bad-eating contest. Ugh. I tend to give into every craving I have when I'm feeling bad... or happy... or in between :p But usually a day or two of eating badly makes me feel so awful that I'm ready for some veggies when it's over.

Have a good day, everyone. Hopefully I'll be feeling up to a workout tomorrow morning.

Hello! Today was a 4 mile run and pilates lower body.

Sam: I am the same as you, after not eating well I tend to crave healthier foods. I just get to feeling "off" and I hate that! My DS and DD were both sick the past week with bad sore throats and colds, and now I have goten the sore throat and am starting to get congested. Tis the season!

Hope you all had a good day!

Take care~ Susan

Back again. Woke up today and my throat was worse and I had not slept well so , I went back to bed!:p I will be getting on the elliptical during the Packer game tonight!

I'll try to check back in later, until then hope you all have a great day!:D

~ Susan

Good Afternoon!!

I ate lunch outside yesterday and I was so exhausted by the time I got home last night that I did some reading and started falling asleep and decided to call it a night. Yesterday was Meso 2 legs disc 14 (I think). I didnt' go as heavy as I was supposed to be my legs have a tendency to bulk up pretty easy (at least they feel like it anyway) so I back off on the weight a little but still made sure it was challenging enough.

This morning I did Afterburn. Not sure what the heck I was thinking because my legs and glutes are a bit sore from Weds. I pushed through it though. :)

Susan - Hopefully you'll be able to sweat the germs out of you when you're on the elliptical tonight. Hope you feel better. I've been having sinus headaches lately but so far it hasn't turned into anything worse (knock on wood).

Sam - A cold and TTOM... bummer. :( Hope you feel better too. :) Hopefully you'll feel better so you can do TTM on Saturday. That's what I was thinking of doing as well and depending upon how much energy I have I might add the bonus low impact tabata. We'll see.

Hi Sue!
Hi Heartymax!
Hi Laurie!

Everyone have a great afternoon!
Brenda

Happy Friday!!

For those Packer Fans... I see they won last night!! Yeah!!

This morning was STS Meso 2 Disc 15 Back and Biceps. Workout went real well. I love working my biceps. It's my one body part I'm most pround of. :)

Might to TTM tomorrow morning. Not sure. We'll see what I feel like doing once I get up.

Tomorrow night we have a wedding. Our neighbors daughter is getting married. Other wise my weekend will consist of yard work I need to get done before it gets too chilly out.

This is something I haven't shared with you guys but the Alzheimer's Association is holding a walk in West Bend this year and I always wanted to be a part of it. This year I was finally able to. I was hoping this would have been a good experience but unfortunately it hasn't been. I formed a team called Team SSN (Spaeth - I had an uncle that passed away 6 years ago from alzheimer's; Sponholz - for my grandma who is in a home with it; and N for No No - No No's Restaurant, both her parents have it). Thought I'd explain where the SSN came from. :) Anyway.... two of my sisters and my one niece are a part of my team and no one else but me is trying to get supporters to raise money for research. I was really frustrated with my sisters and niece. I felt like they were totally missing the point of this. It wasn't so much getting people to walk as it was getting people to donate. I also realized through this process that I'm not a good fundraiser. I have a hard time asking people for money. I completely understand times are hard and money is tight (I'm living it). It's just a bummer that something I was hoping to be a pleasant experience has turned out just the opposite. This was bothering me and I just needed to unload so thanks for letting me dump it out there. :)

I doubt I'll be on over the weekend so in case I'm not, everyone have a wonderful one!!

Brenda

Hi ladies! I'm sending this from my phone, so please pardon my typos. It's been a bad week for fitness. No workouts at all.

I just wanted to pop in and say happy weekend. I'm feeling a lot better and plan to do TTM tomorrow.

Talk to you Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.