Buff Badgers Week of October 29th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

This weekends workouts where as follows:
Sat: 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Core and Recovery Lower Body
Sun: 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing
Mon: Prevention 3-2-1 Workout

I have three Chris Freytag workouts that are not part of this Xtreme set, so those will be my workouts for the last three days of October. ;) Had a nice weekend, but had a little to much candy. :eek:

Have a great day!

Good morning!

Saturday was a very short run, maybe a mile and a half.
Sunday was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps Timesaver.

This morning I finally attempted all of Imax 3! I didn't use risers, and I had to modify that crazy plie jacks interval. I subbed in ice breakers for most. I also got a bad side stitch about midway through that forced me to take a couple breaks. Overall I was pretty proud of myself, though! If it hadn't been for that side stitch I would have done much better.

Laurie- We haven't done Trick or Treat yet. We go to my mom's/DH's mom's neighborhood, and they always have it on Halloween. I have to come up with a strategy for the candy :p

I had a great weekend. On Saturday I went to the running store to get my stride evaluated by my brother (and one of his co-workers). They actually videotape you running on a treadmill and play it back in slow motion. It was really interesting! The shoes they recommended felt so great I couldn't stop thinking about them, and I actually went back to the store hours later to buy them :eek: They should arrive tomorrow. They were expensive, so I better give this running thing a fair shot this time. I couldn't believe the difference, though. It was really eye-opening. It was also funny, because my brother and I have the exact same flaw in our strides, and my shoes are just the women's version of his. Genetics, I guess :)

I also got a chair at Goodwill that I'm going to refurbish. I'm pretty excited about it :D

Have a great day!

Hello! Today I took the day off from work. :)

Sat: I raked/bagged leaves for 4 hours then came in and did a Hiit workout from you tube (hasfit.com).

Sun: pilates and walking

Monday: PlyoX:D

Laurie, darn candy!

Sam, congrats on getting the new running shoes! You did great on the running too. Starting out slow and steady is much better than diving in full-throttle.

Well, I have MORE raking to do today since DH mowed the lawn super short and we don't have a bagger on the mower (guess I am the bagger). The I promised the kids I'd make them home amde chocolate chip cookies..

Have a great day! Susan

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I had to go back to check last weeks, couldn't remember when I posted last. Friday I did Disc 30 (I think) shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Had a great workout. Really good strength. I did concentration curls using my 25lb dumbbell. :D Saturday was a rest day and Sunday I did BC from 4DS and 3 blasts from Drill Max. I had to stop because I felt really weak and my low back and left leg were bothering me so I put in Stretch Max and that felt really good.

This morning I started week 3 of Meso 3 and had Chest & Back. Was very pleased with how on did on the chest. Back I was careful with but still did pretty good.

Laurie - I was checking out Chris' Xtreme workouts. Look pretty good.

Sam - WTG on Imax 3!!! I really like some of the blasts in there but that one where you jump the length of the step and then over and whatever the rest of it is, kicks my butt every time. That is really cool how they can look at your stride when running. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I think it was probably a good idea to invest in the right shoes if you want to give running a try.

Susan - I hope you're enjoying your day off. Raking leaves is a workout in itself.

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Hi guys,

Today I did Horizontal Conditioning 101 March and ran 3 miles on the trails with our dog. Knee and hip are still bothering me so I guess I will be keeping my runs short. My hips have always given me problems but my knees got hurt doing yoga.

Brenda, nice job on the weights. 25 for concentration curls--awesome. Hope your back is feeling better.

Susan, sounds like you have a lot of yard work to do. Thankfully we finished this weekend. Chocolate chip cookies sound good.

Sam, nice job on Imax 3. I really like the music in that one. I have to get back to some of my older workouts. What kind of running shoes did you end up getting. Glad you could get a pair that feel good to run in.

Laurie, candy, already. Don't they trick or treat on Halloween or did you just eat candy. ;)

Have a great day.

We are dealing with the wind gusts and torrential rain from Hurricane Sandy. School closed today and tomorrow.

Saturday was elliptical cardio. No workout today. Spent some timing preparing meals and doing laundry in case power goes out. Trying to stay inside and stay safe.

Good Morning! The storm has now passed and we still have power! We usually don't lose our power in big storms, but our family was prepared just in case. The wind gusts were pretty scary. DH went to work today so I guess he will walk around and determine if we have any damage.

This morning I did STS Back and Triceps.

Karen----how long have you been doing HC?

Brenda--I guess your chest is all fired up!

Susan---you are so dedicated. If I raked for 4 hours that would have probably been my work out for the day:D

Sam---congrats on the new workout kicks. Hope you enjoy them.

Laurie----don't mention candy. :D

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Prevention Belly, Butt and Thighs.

Sam, Sounds like a great weekend, and do enjoy the running when you get those shoes. ;) Have fun re-furbing the chair also. I have done that in the past, and the time just flies by. I need to redo our dinning room chairs, they need more stuffing in the seats. I also want to paint them black.

Susan, Nice to have the day off. I will have a day off in two weeks. :D Hoping to get some things done around the house, since I'm going to be by myself. Someone posted some bodycombat workouts on youtube, and I really want to try those out. I pre-ordered the new BB Bodycombat workouts that are due to come out in Dec. :) I will have to check out the Hiit workout you did.

Karen, Our sub-division decided Saturday evening was better. I don't know why, because our town is tomorrow night. I was thinking of putting my light on on Wed. just to get rid of this candy. ;) How did you hurt your knees during yoga? I would like to avoid doing something like that.

heartymax, I'm so glad to hear that you all are safe. We received some of the wind around here, but not as bad as what you all received. We are suppose to be getting some 13ft. waves on Lake Michigan today. Of course that will require the local news to be down on the beachfront. :rolleyes: I was watching some of those news people standing in the water and reporting the news. :rolleyes: It just seems so silly.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Trisets upper/lower premix.

Laurie, you sure do a variety of workouts. At least your workouts all get used. You will have to let me know how you like the Les Mills when you get it. I have been contemplating it but I already have so many dvds. I say eat the candy. :rolleyes: I hurt my knees with both knees bent back and leaning backward to lay on the ground.

heartymax, glad you are safe and the power stayed on. You were definitely prepared. Hope there is no damage when your DH checks it all out. I have been doing HC for 4 months or so--2-3 times a week. They are addictive. I really like them. Not sure why. Sandra is very sweet. My abs have never looked so good, I actually have flat ones with shape.

Have a great day. Have a soccer banquet tonight. Taking DD21 to the library for work.

Good morning! I did the Double Trouble Afterburn premix today. Fun stuff!

Heartymax- I'm so glad to hear you are safe and sound and that your power didn't go out. As Laurie mentioned, we're getting some after-effects in our area today and everyone is overreacting :rolleyes:

Karen- I got the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 (don't ask me what any of that actually means :)) I got them yesterday and used them for Afterburn this morning, but haven't been able to use them on a run yet. You make a strong case for HC. They're definitely on my very,very long "someday" list.

Laurie- The chair I got is very 1960's with awful orange fabric on the cushions. Maybe I watch too much Mad Men, but I love the lines on all that mid-century stuff. I can't wait to fix it up. I'm thinking gray denim, and I'm going to either strip and stain the base or paint it. I've got a few other things that I bought specifically to re-furb that are just lying around. I really need to get to all that... :eek:

Susan- Nice! A day off always feels good. I'm going to check out that hiit workout also. I think doing more hiit has made me feel more comfortable with running.

Brenda- I know which blast you're talking about. I can't jump the length of the step every time so I have to cheat it a little bit and kind of leap for some of them. You can tell Cathe can barely eek out the last couple herself. 25 on concentration curls!!! and I thought I was bad@$$ using 12 the other day :p

I'm making baked chicken and stuffing for dinner on this blustery day. I'm already looking forward to it. Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

This morning I did Pyramid Hiit and Cardio SS.

Karen - I checked out some of the YouTubes on HC. I can understand why your upper body is stronger. My concern is my shoulders wouldn't last too long. It has definitely caught my interest. Have fun at the soccer banquet tonight.

Heartymax - glad to hear you survived the storms, hopefully you don't have damage when DH checks things out. Chest was definitely all fired up. I thought I would be really sore today but not too bad.

Sam - That is pretty cool about re-furb the chair. You should take before and after pics and show us. :) When you improve your weights on anything you're still a bad @$$ no matter what the weight is. ;) Baked chicken and stuffing, sounds yummy!

Laurie - You'll have to let us know how BB Bodycombat is. I'll have to check it out online.

Have a great afternoon!
Brenda

Sam---I keep forgetting about Double Trouble premix. How long is it? I have to try it one day. I definitely have to be at my best endurance when I tackle AfterBurn.

Karen---one of the ladies in my other check in has been doing HC for one month and she says her abs have never looked so good. I guess I will be purchasing that one soon. I worked on my abs quite a bit last year so I saw good results. Would love to improve upon where I am.

Laurie--I saw a news broadcast about Lake Michigan last night. I agree, sometimes I can't believe the news reporters are standing in water to make reports. DH and I laught because the reporters seem so excited about hurricanes as they bring the news. You can never detect any fear in their voice.

Brenda---You do some tough cardio mixes.

This morning was Cross Fire. I was so exhausted by the time I got to the 5 minute Tabatha at the end so I just called it quits.:D

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Kick Start Your Metabolism. All done with my Chris Freytag rotation, now I am on to a Cathe month. :D

Karen, Ouch! Dang that it had to be a yoga move to do that. I will let you know how the Les Mills workouts are for sure. I wasn't interested in the first set that came out, but the basic set of Combat are all MMA workouts. I purchased Rushfit a while back, and will be doing that at the beginning of the year. I think that these combat workouts will be a great compliment to those workouts. ;)

Sam, Mmmm that dinner really sounds good. ;) That chair sounds really cool. You have a great idea either way on painting or doing the stripping.

Brenda, My favorite Hiit workout! I think I have said that before. :D The Combat workout online really looks tough. Apparently the pre-sale for the set ends this week. Glad that I didn't wait until reviews.

heartymax, You must have been putting your all into that CrossFire workouts. ;) You are right, it does seem like they are excited about standing in storms. :D

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Went for a 5.5 cold run then walked the dog 1 mile on the trails.

Laurie, I have one Rushfit workout that I haven't done yet. The new Body Combat should be a good fit. What kind of rotation are you doing with Cathe.

Heartymax, nice job on extra ab work. Can't ever have abs looking to good. HC are great.

Brenda, your shoulders get used to it and she does have a modifier. She gives tips and also varies it enough that sometimes you are in a forearm plank, doing legs, abs not in plank etc. Cardio SS is what?

Sam, how long is the Afterburn premix? Brooks are a good shoe. I hope you love them. I know what you mean about a very long list of dvds you want. I don't know what any of the letters, words and numbers mean on all those shoes either. Supper sounds good and warm.

Had a good time at the banquet. They catered in Mexican Food. Yum!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Happy Halloween!!

This morning was Plyo Legs. This one had the one legged squat thrusts in it and I did a normal squat thrust instead. I really don't like those one legged ones.

Heartymax - I love CrossFire but it is a tough workout, especially the tabata sections. I'm thinking about checking out HC as well. A persons abs can never look too good. :)

Laurie - Are you going to do one of Cathe's rotations or make up your own?

Karen - I'm going to look more into HC. I love hearing how much it has toned the abs. Cardio SS is Cardio Super Sets from Cathe low impact series.

I heard that Cathe's 2013 calendar will be on sale soon. I thought November 1st. I usually buy one every year. This year I really want one to see if the group pictures from the Chicago RT is in there. If so, Sam and I will be in the calendar. :D

Have a great afternoon!!
Brenda

Good afternoon ladies! I did Kick, Punch, and Crunch without the crunch. I never seem to have energy for abs at the end of anything.

I reached the end of my 31 day challenge! I successfully worked out every day. I think only three or four of those days were yoga relax or stretch max :) The point is, I took the time to intentionally move every day this month. I feel really good, and I think my fitness level improved quite a bit over the month.

Brenda- I was planning on ordering the calendar too, just because our pictures might be in there :)

Karen and Heartymax- Double Trouble is 51 minutes I think. It's the whole workout, just in a different order. Some of Cathe's talking and little breathers are shaved off so it's actually a little shorter than the original workout.

Laurie- Dinner was yummy! I'm interested to hear what you'll do for a Cathe month. Of course, every month for me is a Cathe month.

We have Trick or Treat tonight in Waukesha with the grandmas. Should be fun... and chilly. DS runs hot, so I don't plan to overdress him too much, and I know that's going to stress out my MIL :rolleyes: Oh well.

Have a great day!

Hey there! I am sorry I have been so busy! Let's see, yesterday I woke up aching in every part of my body! I think the PlyoX and all the raking caught up to me, so I just took Ruby for a walk. Today I did S90 Cardio Challenge. Still having sore legs and back...

I feel like I am coming down with something(stomach upset, aches, stuffy head). I can't allow it to take hold because I am going home to Beloit this weekend to see my girlfriends!:)

Laurie, I am interested in your rotation too.. I wrote up something for the first 18 days of November, then I switch to Insanity!!:eek:

I am pooped... time to grab my book and go put my feet up!

See you tomorrow! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Well I was suppose to start off my day with Pyramid Lower Body, and I opened up the DVD case to find nothing! :eek: I think I know where it is, but at 5am in the morning I wasn't thinking clearly. I ended up doing Leaner Legs, which is probably a better thing, since I am not a big fan of floorwork. Hope to find that DVD though. ;)

My Cathe rotation is based on her April '03 Rotation. Which actually starts out the week with Leaner Legs. I wanted to do the Pyramid workouts. :D Guess Cathe actually new best anyway. :D If I don't find by Pyramid workout, I'm thinking of doing BM2 Double Upper Body.

Karen, I love Mexican food, could eat it all the time. My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs with salsa, wrapped in a ww shell. :) After debating for a long time, I chose the Rushfit system for MMA. The Tapout looks appealing also. There are just way to many systems out there. ;)

Brenda, One legged thrust squats are tough. ;) How cool would that be if you are in the calander. How many more workouts left in your STS rotation?

Sam, Congrats on finishing your 31 day challenge. You are right, getting out and moving every day is key. Hope that the trick or treating went well last night. ;) That ab section in KPC is always tough too, since you have to use your upper body on those pikes! :eek:

Susan, Hope you don't come down with something, get that zinc in your system. ;) 18 days until you get insane! :eek: I love S90 Cardio Challenge, just sorry to hear that you are having body aches.

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Lauren Brooks Vol. 2 Kettlebell workout. I think I like this one better than her 1st.

Laurie, I don't like floorwork either but since my knee has been bad I do a lot more of that. I will have to look at the April 03 rotation. I think I printed them all out and have them in a folder somewhere. I have Tapout and have never done it. I am bad. That breakfast wrap sounds yummy.

Susan, I have to get back to doing S90 workouts. I really did like them. Sorry you are feeling achy. I haven't done Plyo X since I did it early in the morning and felt like I was going to be sick.

Sam Love KPC, still haven't done it in a long while even though I have been meaning to forever. Someone a long time ago suggested doing abs in that first then your arms are not as fried. I don't know, never got around to trying that. Congrats on your 31 day challenge. I think I will try the afterburn premix Sat. Hope you had fun trick or treating. We were out from 5-7:45 yikes.

Brenda, I am with you on the one legged squat thrusts. They hurt my knees. Good idea to just stick with the two legged. I think I will carry that over to my HC. She has some one legged moves like that, that are hard now because of my knees. It actually as done wonders for my legs too. HC that is. How cool if you two were on the Cathe calender. You will have to let me know. Then post the picture so I can see it.

Heartymax. just letting you know I noticed your profile picture. You are looking mighty fit. Nice job.

Sue, football is over where are you.

Enjoy your day all.

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Last night I'm not sure what happened but around 6:30 I felt like I got the life sucked out of me. Didn't get to bed at the time I hoped. I woke this morning weak and drained. Wasn't sure what to put in for a workout so I went with MMA boxing and added on 200 jacks 100 ski jumps. I broke it up 100 jacks, 50 ski jumps. Still feeling blah! :p

Sam - WGT on the 31 day challenge. I knew you could do it. I love KPC. I haven't done it in a long time because of my leg. Still not easy doing side kicks. Have fun trick or treating.

Susan - I hope you're not coming down with anything. I'm like you, try not to give into it. Hope you feel better.

Laurie - I do like Leaner Legs. Another workout I haven't done in a long time. I have 4 more workouts of STS and then I'm done. Next week sometime I need to figure out my next rotation.

Karen - I think I should be able to order the calendar now. :D Can't wait to see if the pics from the Chicago RT are in there. I'm thinking the group picture will be in there if anything. I'll let you know if we are though. :)

I agree... Sue where are you!

Have a great afternoon!!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.