Buff Badgers week of May 20-24

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi,

Today I did Muscle Endurance. It has been years since I have done that workout. Sun. I took off as I was at a softball tournament for DD10. Sat. I did To The Max.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Good morning! Friday I did the second half of Cardio Leg Blast and the Bis and Tris premix from 4Ds. Saturday I finally worked up the courage to do HIIT 40/20. Wow. Tough stuff. There were a few intervals that were more like 20/40 :p Yesterday was lots and lots of yardwork.

I did a little reading over the weekend and I've decided to cut back on cardio and focus on strength training for awhile. I'm around my ideal weight, but I'd like to have better body composition, and from what I've read, that means upping the strength training a lot, and doing just a couple short sessions of HIIT-type cardio a week. It also means I should be tracking my calories to make sure I'm getting an adequate amount of calories to build muscle. It seems weird to be getting out of weight-loss mode, but I don't think it'll hurt anything. I wasn't trying very hard to lose weight anyway.

Karen- I like Muscle Endurance, but all those leg presses!

I'm headed downstairs to do Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders. Have a great day!

Hello,

Saturday I did MMA Boxing. Sunday was no workout. I'm not saying it was a rest day because it was far from it. Today I did Bi's and Tri's from XTrain.

Saturday after I got back from my grocery shopping, DH and I headed down to No No's to finish spring clean up. We got down there around 9:30 and stopped at 3:30pm. Then Sunday we were back down there at 8:30am doing some volunteer work for the Veterans (they have a Memorial down at the end of the lot by No No's) and the after we were done with that we finished clean up at No No's and got done at 11:30 am. We ate some lunch and then I headed out to my garden to rototill it up one more time before I plant this weekend. I finished up around 4'ish. I was pooped. We took a vacation day which was supposed to be a rest day... not so much. I did sleep in some. Finished my wash, did the vacuuming and mopping (need to finish the rest of my cleaning tomorrow night after work). Then I went outside to do the trimming since DH was cutting grass. Our rest consisted of sitting on our patio for approx 1 hr. Then we had to run into town to take care of some things. Then back home to make supper and get lunches ready to go back to work tomorrow. So much for that rest day. :)

Karen - I like Muscle Endurance. Haven't done that one in a while though.

Sam - Great job on the workouts. 40/20... good for you!!

Have to help DH pack. He has to head out of town tomorrow for work and won't be back until Friday. :(

Enjoy your evening!
Brenda

Hi there! Friday was my rest day. Saturday I woke early to do Cathe's Intensity and then I went to the walk in clinic.My face has been in a lot of pain, like the whole left side and then my ears were aching and my head has been aching for a few months. Anyway, I got yelled at for waiting too long to come in and now I have a sinus infection in my whole face. On antibiotics for over 30 days. Felt awful the rest of Satuday and by end of the day Sunday was doing better. Today I can tell there is some improvement but I have the chills and upset stomache. He said that's why I have not been feeling well lately. But on a better note Sunday I went for a 45mn walk and did some abs, and this morning was S90 Tabata and now I am going down to do Back and Biceps. :D

Karen, I like Muscle Endurance. Hope you had fun at softball!

Sam, do you have a routine you are going to follow?

Brenda, well you had a busy "rest day":p At least you were able to spend time with DH before he leaves~

Have a good night ladies. Sleep well.
Susan

Good morning. I just finished HIIT DWP, my favorite one on that disc. I love the 80's music :) Yesterday I did what I said I was going to do, plus I added a few push-ups and a one-minute plank later, and took a longish walk with the dog.

I found a calorie target that seems like a good maintenance number from my research... actually, it might be a touch low, but I'm too chicken to up it too much yet. I felt like I was eating all day! On the plus side, I had no cravings for junk, which is definitely a good thing.

Brenda- Not much of a rest day, indeed. Maybe next weekend, right? ;)

Susan- Yuck! So sorry you're sick. I hope the antibiotics do their thing quickly. My rough plan is to do strength three times per week, short intense cardio twice per week, and one "metabolic" workout that uses weights, like Supercuts or Afterburn, per week.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hello! Today was Cathe's Cardio Supersets and chest, shoulders and triceps.

Ended up sleeping in today, my head was throbbing. Seems to be I am worst in the mornings and get better as the day goes. Maybe until this antibiotic kicks in more, may have to have more evening workouts.

Sam, sounds like a good plan! Is this a month long thing or how many?

I gave up alcohol for the month of May and noticed a lot of my other cravings subsided as well. Happy about that, though there are evenings I could use a nice glass of wine!

Hope everyone had a good day.
~ Susan

Hi,

Today I did Tabatasize.

Susan, hope those antibiotics kick in soon and you are back to feeling well. You are getting good workouts despite it all. I have never done Cardio Supersets. I really have too many dvds.

Sam, I like 40/20 off of that disk. Nice job adding in the plank work.

Brenda, definitely not a rest day. Wow you kept busy.

I am going to finish watching Dancing with the Stars. Have a good night.

Good Evening Ladies!

This morning I went with KPC but skipped the crunch part (ran out of time). I just love that workout.

Susan - I can't believe you did Intensity not feeling the greatest. You are one tough lady! I hope the antibiotics kick in soon so you start feeling better.

Sam - Great job on the workout! I would agree with you that DWP is my favorite out of those three workouts. I plan on getting my veggie garden in this weekend. Can't wait! Nothing taste better than food out of your own garden. :)

Karen - Yeah to Tabatacise!!! I'm hoping to get that workout in sometime this week. We'll see how my knees and hips feel. All the yard work the past three days, they're not real happy with me. :(

Sent off my resume and cover letter to Anytime Fitness and Wisconsin Athletic Club to see if I can get my foot in the door someplace and start getting some personal training experience. I have a friend that wants to hire me that I'm finally meeting up with tomorrow night unless she cancels on me I don't have the greatest feeling this. She keeps making excuses. I'm going to sit and have a heart to heart with her. She has to want to do this for herself in order for this to work. We'll see.

Have a great evening!
Brenda

I haven't felt well the last few days....lethargic so I took a few days off. On Saturday I did Hiit 40/20. Not sure if I told you that DH got me the new Cathe step for Mother's Day and it came last week. It is very nice and much softer than the old one. I love having extra risers and now its comfortable to lay down for strength training. He got me the mini-mat too so that gives me extra support for strength training. I am very pleased with the new step. Today I did Chest, shoulders and triceps from Meso 2.

Brenda--good luck with landing a spot as a personal trainer.

Karen--Tabatacise makes me tired just thinking about it after how I felt the last few days. Definitely got to be fully energized for that workout.

Sam--there is nothing favorite about DWP----are you serious??:eek::eek: That workout is a killer.

DS has his first band concert tonight. He plays the sax. They didn't have a winter concert so hopefully things will go well for the class. He's excited--then again----we are all excited.

Good Afternoon!

This morning I had XTrain Chest, Back, and shoulders and added on 200 jacks, 50 ski hops, and 50 high wide runs. Didn't feel as strong this morning. I don't know if my body is still recovering from all we did over the weekend or not. I'm hoping that's all it is.

My sister that has Melanoma found out that even though they took the cancer out there is an 80% chance of it coming back if she doesn't do further treatment. I believe she is going ahead with the treatment. She has grand babies she has to watch grow up.

Heartymax - Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Yeah for you on 40/20. That workout still scares me. I think I'd rather do Tabatacise before I'd do 40/20. ;) Good luck to DS on the concert tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hello Ladies,

So sorry to be MIA! Really busy at work last week, with the lean event. I wasn't able to get online the whole week. I also went through a cold the week before, and attempted to workout. The coughing fit that started with each workout put the cabash on that. ;) After work has been super busy also. The youngest had her dance recital on Saturday, and of course she was beautiful in each of her dances. Her modern dance was the best of all. Youngest has also qualified for the sectional meet tomorrw in the 100m, 4x200 and 4x400. I think that their relay teams should make it to state, but I don't know about her open 100. We will see what happens tomorrow. ;)

Have been working out with the Jillian BR workouts, and was delayed a week. I am finishing up the first month this week, and will be moving onto all new workouts next week.

heartymax, Very nice getting a new step, but sorrry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope your ds does a great job, I played the Alto Sax for six years and the Baritone Sax in Jazz band. Have a great love for the instrument. :D

Brenda, It is so exciting to hear that you are getting your resume out there, and can't wait to hear about your PT experiences. ;)

Karen, ME is not my favorite workout, just way to many leg presses in that one. :eek: This is a new season of DWTS isn't it?

Susan, I don't enjoy morning headaches! :p OUCH on the infection, hope those meds kick in faster. Glad that you are still able to workout.

Sam, Sounds like you have a solid plan. Weight training is a good way to go about it.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello! I just finished 4DS Legs and Burn Sets Bis and Tris.

Heartymax- Yup, DWP is my favorite. 40/20 slays me. I have to cheat on that one quite a bit. Yeah for the new step! I have the "old" blue high step topper and the new black/gray full size bench I have is so much softer. I hope you feel better soon.

Brenda- I hope your sister can find some clarity and make a decision she feels comfortable with. I think going ahead with treatment is probably a good choice.

Susan- Not sure how long I'll do it. I think till I have a good idea if I'm getting the results I want. I'm guessing at least a couple months. It amazes me that you're still getting in those workouts while feeling under the weather. I've been trying to cut back on alcohol, too. Trying to restrict it to one day a week. It really does help with cravings.

Hi Karen! I'm doing Tabatacise tomorrow. It's my favorite from XTrain.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hi,

Today I did Xtrain bi/tris and Xtrain legs floor, ball/chair and standing. I can't believe I thought it was easy when I first got it. What was I thinking. I couldn't imagine using any heavier weight that she used or ankle weights.

Sam, you gave me the idea of putting a couple of upper body parts with legs that's how I got my workout today. Thanks.

Laurie, your daughters are beautiful. Congrats to your daughter on a wonderful track season again. I love the dance recitals. Glad you have been keeping up pretty well with your Jillian rotation. I sure hope you get feeling well soon. I don't like muscle endurance, couldn't remember it so I gave it a go. Won't be doing it again for a long while.

Brenda, what a decision to have to make for your sister. Nice job on your workoutl. That is my workout on Fri. It will be fun to hear about your fitness adventure. I will live mine out through you. Keep us posted on your friend who wants you to train her also and what you do.

Heartymax, nice job on 40/20 while not feeling well. I almost didn't make it through and I felt fine. Nice you have a new step. I need to get one soon.

Really wanted Zendaya to win last night but Kelly was really good too.

Have a great night.

Hello! Today was PlyoX and ab work!

Laurie, glad to soo you back. Sounds like life has been hectic and on top of that not feeling well? Ugh! Hope life slows down for you to enjoy!

Brenda, it is a tough decision, but I think I too would want to watch my Grandbabies..Sending good vibes for you to get call backs on your resumes!:D

Hi Karen!
Hi Hearty!

See you tomorrow~ Susan

Sam----don't tell anybody----but I cheat on all the HIits ;)

Brenda---sending positive thoughts to your sister.

Karen--I am enjoying STS but I do miss Xtrain Bi-s and Tri's.

Laurie--good news on the dance recital.

DS concert went well last night. All the parents were beaming with pride of their beginning instrument players. I don't know anything about music but I know my son sounds better than he did in September. I am thinking I should get him some lessons during the summer to help him improve and to make sure he is ready for middle school.

Today's workout was Hiit 30/30.

Morning Ladies,

JMBR's Workout 4 this morning. :) Good workout.

Brenda, Oh yes your sister needs to enjoy those grandchildren. ;) I really have enjoyed these nice weekends, but I tend to do to much. Wake up with a really sore body. :D

Sam, I also love DWP! I wonder if it is because it doesn't use the step. :D

Karen, Sounds like a great workout! ;) LOL about not trying ME for a while. :D Thanks for the compliment on my dd's.

Susan, I'm hoping that life slows down this summer. I really want to enjoy this summer, since we are not attending the faire on a full time basis. ;)

heartymax, It doesn't hurt to have the extra lessons, if he is enjoying himself. And it sounds like he is doing really well.

Have a wonderful day!

Tabatacise today... just 1-3. I'm drinking a protein smoothie right now. It's been a couple years, and I forgot how filling that protein powder is!

Heartymax- Ha! Don't worry, I won't tell :D Music lessons are great for kids. Almost no one regrets learning to play an instrument. I want to start DS on piano since my SIL teaches it, but we are currently piano-less.

Laurie- So glad to see you back! I hate being set back by sickness. Especially when you feel okay and it's just that darn cough keeping you benched.

Karen- You're welcome! That floor section of XTrain legs is so hard. I can never get through it without a break somewhere.

Hi Brenda! Hi Susan!

It occurred to me that we haven't heard much on the new Cathe dvds coming out. Did anyone else order? I actually had sort of forgotten about them until she posted something on the music selection. I hope they start filming soon; I can't wait to hear more about them.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hello!!

It must have been a Tabatacise day..... that was my workout this morning as well. I did the extended stretch from STS afterwards. My body thanked me. :)

Last night I met with my friend that wants to hire me as her PT. Our first session is on Monday and so far she has the me booked 3 days/wk for the next two weeks. Then after that we'll see what she wants to do. Even just doing the consult visit, I loved it. Almost felt like I was on the Biggest Loser because she broke down in tears while we were discussing things. Tonight I need to start working on putting something together for her. Fun, Fun!!

Laurie - Sorry to hear things have been so hectic for you between work and home. Then to not be feeling the greatest. Good job on keeping up with the workouts despite all the craziness.

Sam - I did order the new DVD's. Yeh, haven't heard much lately. Last I saw was she put something out there about picking the music for the new DVD's and what they go through. Can't wait for them!!

Karen - I'm not a fan of floor work for the legs. Probably because I seem to burn out so easy. I'm so excited about getting more work as a PT. I will share my experience with you all. You guys are the only ones that will truly understand my enthusiasm. :D

Susan - Thanks for the good vibes for my sister. :)

Heartymax - I give Kudos to anyone who can to the HiiT workouts and Tabatacise without taking an extra break here and there. I really push myself in those workouts but when my heart rate monitor is beeping at me and showing my HR at 97%, I need to take a breath. :p

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Hi,

Today I did Afterburn.]

Brenda, awesome on the PT with your friend.

Sam, those smoothies sure are filling but I don't eat less because I like to chew on things.

Laurie, nice workout. Glad you are liking Jillian.

Heartymax, It is nice they are already getting practice, here they don't start until 6th and middle school starts in 5th. My DD is going into 5th next school year. She does want to play an instrument.

Susan, nice job on PlyoX.

Have a great day.

Morning Ladies,

What a cold track meet that was, even with a blanket, gloves, hat, coat and hoodie! :eek: My youngest is going to the State meet in LaCrosse next week though. She came in 5th in her 100m, which was with a bad start. I think that she will get better, she is only a sophmore. ;) There 4x200 came in 2nd, so they where super happy to be going. The 4x400 came in 4th, and just missed it by a hair. :( I'm hoping it is much warmer next weekend. :D

This morning was JMBR's Cardio, so onto the next month starting on Monday.

Sam, I didn't order, but will be interested in what everyone thinks of them. ;)

Brenda, Sounds like a very intense meeting. I'm sure that you will do a great job!

Karen, We will be up in your part of WI this weekend! Have my nieces graduation, and of course visiting with the family.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.