Buff Badgers Week of May 13th

heartymax

Cathlete
Mother's Day was low key. We went to church and had dinner afterwards. We usually don't go out to dinner because it is so crowded on mother's day. DH had planned to cook a nice meal at home but we decided to go somewhere that we knew would not be crowded which was Chili's. It was a last minute thought after church and it was not crowded and we enjoyed our meal. I had shrimp tacos which were really good.

Saturday was 3 miles on the elliptical. I didn't get in my Sunday workout yesterday so I doubled up today. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by Meso 2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I did some planks during the chest fly moves. My shoulders felt a little weak today. Funny, how they felt strong just last week.

Hi there! Sorry I was not around much last week! Busy, busy but I did get my workouts in. Saturday was S90 cardio challenge and walking. Sunday was working inthe yard and around the house! Not much of a restful Mothers Day but I am glad it's all done! :)

Today is elliptical and S90 chest/shoulders/arms.

Have a great Monday! Susan

Good Afternoon!

Had a fairly busy weekend. Mother's Day we had breakfast with DH's mom and then did chores afterwards and then about 3 we headed down by my parents for Mother's Day. We had a nice surprise from the oldest niece, her and her hubby are expecting their 2nd baby. Their son is 3 years old and precious little boy he is. We will have two babies coming in December in my family.

Saturday I did All Out Low Impact HiiT and I added on some plank work and cardio blasts afterwards. I did the normal forward plank and side planks and held each of them for a minute. That was tough, especially the side plank, my arms were shaking. This morning I did burn sets chest, back, shoulders followed by 100 jacks, 50 high wide runs, 50 lateral hops, 50 speed skaters, and another 100 jacks. I know... me and that cardio. ;)

Heartymax - Glad you had a nice quiet Mother's day. Nothing wrong with low key. :)

Susan - I hope things calm down for you soon. At least you were still able to get your workouts in.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

HI, today I did HoCo Vol. 2, Push/Pull and bum bum band work. Over the weekend I ran, did KPC and PUB/PLB floorwork only.

Have to go quick as I have a board meeting but I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Have a good day.

Good morning. No workouts since Thursday :eek: But, my back is much better after lots of foam rolling and stretching. I plan on doing Cardio and Weights today. Right now I'm eating a yummy late breakfast in my breezy dining room. Life is good :D

Had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. DH really spoiled me on Saturday, including making me Nutella and strawberry crepes for breakfast, and being okay with me spending almost the whole day wandering around the mall with my mom. Sunday we went to church with my mom, had DH's mom over for lunch, and then headed to my grandparents' for dinner.

Heartymax- We usually avoid brunch on Mother's Day, too. I think DH misses cooking sometimes anyway. He used to cook a lot before I stopped working full time.

Karen- Nice workouts this weekend!

Brenda- Yay for babies! Happy news, indeed.

Susan- I hope things calm down for you a bit. Sometimes it feels just as good to get things done.

Have a great day, everyone.

Hey gang! Today is 2 pilates sessions. Will do session 2 after my DD's choir concert. :)

Sam, so glad your back is feelin better! Hate those aches and pains.

Brenda, that's a workout you did!:eek: Sounds fun though~

Better go, DD is asking "where's this? where's that?" before she heads out!

See you tomorrow! Susan

Good Morning. I took a the day from work yesterday because I needed a mental break. DH came home early so he and I went to one of the restaurants down by the river to have lunch. It was so nice to have some quiet time together. It was kind of like a post birthday and post mother's day celebration all wrapped up in one just for the two of us instead of having the boys with us. No mid-day crowds so it was nice.

I didn't workout yesterday either so I really took the day off all around. Today was Hiit 40/20 followed by the core workout of HC.

Sam---Glad you gave your back a rest. It is no way I could workout either if my back was hurting.

Oh yeah, DH ordered me a new step and mini mat for the step for Mother's Day. He had been talking about getting me a thing to hold my weights on but once I saw the step on sale and showed it to him because I have been wanting new risers and I top of my step is slowly coming a part. Perfect timing.

Good morning. Yesterday I changed my mind at the last second and did the upper body circuit premix from Low Impact Circuit. I skipped the last cardio segment to save time.

I just finished Tabatacise 1-3. My back is still touchy, but housework seems to bother it more than exercise. Still icing, still foam rolling....

Heartymax- Someday, someday I will have the courage to try hiit 40/20 :)

Susan- Hope the choir concert was nice. I love choral music.

I can't get enough of this weather or drying bedding and towels on my clothesline out back. Everything smells divine!

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I didn't get on yesterday because I ate my lunch outside in the sun and I had a busy evening. Yesterday I did Afterburn and this morning I did Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's followed by some of the Biggest Loser Yoga. Yesterday after work, I came home and ate dinner and got my lunch ready for today and then headed outside and rototilled my veggie garden. My upper back and legs were not happy with me with walking on that uneven ground and then having mud build up on the bottom of my shoes because the ground was still fairly wet, definitely did not help matters any. Didn't get to bed until a little after 9 and woke up at 2 (hate it when I wake up before I have to). I was glad I had bi's & tri's today and that's why I followed that with some yoga to be a little gentle on my body.

Heartymax - Glad you and DH had a nice time. Nice to do stuff like that once in a while. Yeah for getting a new step!!!

Karen - Good job on the workouts. Hope your board meeting went well.

Susan - How was DD's choir concert?

Sam - Glad your back is feeling a little better. I wish I had a clothesline. I love the smell of fresh air on the bedding and towels.

Everyone have a great evening!

Brenda

Hi, yesterday I ran 4.5 miles--it was hot and today I did Total Body Trisets upper and lower.

Brenda, nice job on Afterburn. I think a lot of the moves in that workout are similar to HoCo. The uneven surfaces are hard on the back. Sorry you woke up early. That is hard to finish the day that way. My DD did a presentation on Autisim awareness.

Sam, I hope you are feeling better today. I have to foam roll again, I can feel my hip acting up.

Heartymax, nice you get a new step. My topping is falling apart too. The only way I can do Hiit anymore is on the trampoline.

Susan, back to pilates. How was the concert?

Laurie, hope y0u are busy instead of not feeling well.

Have a great day.

HI gang! The concert was excellent. I cried. I always do!:D They did opera, rock, broadway. It was fun. Today was the elliptical and now I am heading down to do S90 back/bi's and abs.

Karen, I am sure you are enjoying the warmer weather after the crazy winter!:D

Brenda, yard work can be a bear. Hope you don't get DOMS!

Hearty, I daily wish I could take a "mental health" day! I would love one before the kids get out of school, to have the house to myself, but no such luck! Glad you enjoyed yours~

Enjoy the evening ladies~ rest well, Susan

Today's workout was 2 minute and 20 second plank followed by Meso 2 Back and Biceps. I love Meso 2. The hypertrophy method and back off sets is great concept. Bicep curls were with 20 pound dumb bells so I felt pretty strong today. I struggled on my last rep of one arm rows and I was wondering why---dog gone it---I was using a 30lb instead of 25lb by mistake. That is what I get for rushing. I also had on my 2 1/2 extra pounds so that really threw my weight off.
Rushing this more so I will have to write more next time.

Good morning! This morning was S90 cardio challenge and after work is S90 Legs.

Brenda, you are one strong woman!:D Way to go!

I'll check back later, til then, have a great day! Susan

Hi,

Today I did Hiit 40/20 and a 2.5 mile run.

Susan, what is S90 cardio like, I can't remember that one when I did those workouts. Those do pack a lot into a short amount of time.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon, ladies.

Today I did the chest, triceps,and shoulders premix from 4DS. DS and I went out to lunch with my mom, aunt and grandma for my grandma's 89th birthday.

Susan- I cry at those things every time, too.

Karen- I'm blown away by how great the foam rolling feels. It really provides instant relief. Thanks for mentioning it last week, I may have not tried it otherwise.

Brenda- Lots of good workouts packed in to your crazy days. I think it's funny how we're just getting ready to plant veggies around here and some of my friends in other parts of the country are posting pictures of their harvest already.

Heartymax- Too funny on the extra weight :D At least there was a reason why that last rep was so hard. Sounds like you found a new weight for that exercise!

Our alley is getting completely torn up and redone. It's definitely overdue... I think they said it hadn't been redone since the 30s :eek:, but all that construction is really noisy. DS likes to watch the "mighty machines" though :)
Have a nice evening, everyone.

Hey Karen: Cardio Challenge is 30 sec. of work followed by 30 seconds of rest. But the work is tough and the rest goes by too fast! When he does his "recovery" moves (I think there are 2 of them) I instead do air jacks and jump squats. I like it cause it is short but intense. Gotta go work my legs!

~ Susan

Good Evening!

This morning I went with Body Max 2 Cardio Blast. It felt harder than normal but I had fun with it.

Karen - That is cool that DD did her presentation on Autisim awareness. I do think that is something that people are unfamiliar with. Great job on the workouts!!

Susan - Glad you enjoyed the concert. I have a weekend of yard work ahead of me. I'm hoping we can get the majority of it done on Saturday. DH and I took vacation days on Monday to rest. :)

Heartymax - Way to go on the heavier weights, even though it wasn't planned. ;)

Sam - I have a friend that is already planting his garden and I'm jealous and frustrated because I don't have anything in my garden yet. I shouldn't be getting frustrated though because I normally first plant Memorial Day weekend anyway. I hope the weather cooperates I can get everything in, in one day. I might not be able to move after that but I can get it done in one day.

Have a nice evening!
Brenda

Good morning! I'm enjoying the rain and the quiet of no construction today. Not only is our alley being worked on, but one of our neighbors had a tree taken down yesterday. Talk about loud. I could hardly hear myself think.

I plan to do half of Cardio Leg Blast and the back and biceps premix from 4DS.

I tried on swimsuits yesterday. Ugh. My body type is NOT what swimsuit-makers have in mind when they design their suits.

Brenda- I usually don't think much about gardening until Memorial Day either. Bryan and I plan to consult with a landscaper this year, so I don't have any plans at all until we've done that.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Happy Friday!!

This morning I went with Lower Body TriSets and then some of the cardio from Hardstrikes.

Sam - I know what you mean about swimsuit shopping. I hate trying them on. I need a new one too so I'll feel your pain. ;)

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Take Care!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.