Buff Badgers Week of January 14th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Had a good, but busy weekend. Got in Les Mills Combat Plyo Hiit. This one was actually more fun than the other plyo workout. The moves where easy to grasp, so I was able to get the HR up in the zone and over the zone for a really nice burn. I didn't workout yesterday, we tood down the rest of the Christmas deco.

My SIL celebrated her 50th birthday, and I did fairly well eating at the party. Was happy that I didn't negate all of the weight loss that I had, but it sure was tough. Kind of dread the weekends for eating. :p

Have a great day!

Hi guys,

Sat. I did Tabatacise, hurt my knees---Sun. I did horizontal conditioning Sept. Hardcore--loved it----and today I did spinning on my regular spin bike to cardio coach 6--again loved it.

Laurie, glad you are getting your workouts in and eating well too. That is really my downfall---the eating well. You have great will power. I'll bet you are glad to have the rest of your decorations down. How is DD doing at college?

Have a great day. Today is DD15 birthday so we will go out to eat and come back home and have some icecream cake.:)

Ugh. No workouts since Thursday. I was all set and ready to work out on Friday, but... DS was bothering the dog, the dog finally had enough and bit him, which is a first... but anyway, DS had to get stitches, and we decided that since DS cannot stop provoking the dog, it's time to find him a new home. We have a lot of trouble getting enough activity for the dog anyway. We absolutely love him and I'm very sad about it, but he should be in a family that is able to give him the exercise he needs, with no toddlers around.

So, anyone know where to start with that? I would much rather meet the person who takes him than surrender him to the Human Society. I know he would make a fantastic farm dog, particularly if there were other dogs around for him to play with, but I haven't the foggiest clue how to get him hooked up with someone like that.

Anyway, I was pretty down in the dumps all weekend, eating badly, crying a lot. It's hard to look at the dog's sweet face and know he's not going to be in this house much longer.

Laurie- The weekends are definitely the toughest as far as eating goes for me, too. It sounds like you do a better job resisting temptation than I do :)

Karen- Nice workouts! Eating is the hardest part for me, too.

I'm not sure if I should pick up where I left off in XTrain, start over, or start with Week Two. I'll decide sometime today :)

Have a great day, everyone.

Happy Monday Funday!

Saturday was Legs (all sections) and rear delts. I wasn't able to complete the majority fo the floor work. My butt was really sore and my left leg didn't like some of the exercises. Loved the extra delt work that was added on. Sunday was rest day. Today I had Burn Sets Chest, Back, and shoulders. I'll be feeling that tomorrow. :)

We took Bandit into the vet Sat AM and his blood sugar was high (after having a shot in the morning), he was extremely dehydrated, and he has a bladder infection... no wonder the poor guy was all droopy. This morning he looked better. Hopefully with the increase in insulin and the antibiotics he start feeling better.

Laurie -WTG on eating well with a b-day party. Eating on the weekends is hard for me too. I try to do the best I can.

Karen - I wear a knee support on my left knee when doing cardio.. seems to help. Happy Bday to DD15.... enjoy celebrating.

Sam- sorry to hear about the situation with the dog. That's tough. I completely understand and agree with your decision on getting rid of him. If I know of anyone that is looking for a dog I'll pass it along. What kind of dog is it, how old?

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Last edited:
Brenda- We were told at the Humane Society that he's an Australian Cattle Dog mix. I don't know how accurate that is, but he definitely has "herding" qualities :) He's 1.5 years old, very well house-trained, and loves everyone. He knows a few basic commands, sit, down, off, drop, etc... He's about 40 pounds, so not very big, but he has long legs and comes up to about my knees. He's black, tan and white with black and tan ticking in his white areas... and he has tan eyebrows :) Everyone tells me what a great dog he is, and he is, he's just a country dog stuck with city people :(

I was rushing this morning and didn't get a chance to post. I did Chest, Back and Shoulders today. I used my wrist weights this week to increase my chest flys to 16 1/2. I hate chest flys and I know i have said that a million times. I kept the weight at 25lbs for the chest presses. I did the challenge at the end but now i am trying to remember what it was----hey that was this morning. I think it was 10 degree tilt raises of some sort. Anyway, I did a total of 55 using 5lbs weights.

DS finally returned to school today after being sick for a week. He managed to catch up on some work over the weekend and I am glad about that. Gotta run---will catch back up in the morning.

Brenda---what kind of knee brace do you wear? Some days---not often---my knee hurts and wonder if I should consider getting a brace as a prevention. I'm not sure.

Sam---sorry to hear about the tough decision you had to make. The most important thing is that you recognize what is best for Elliott.

Karen----you always have such a great mix of workouts. No getting bored on your end.

Laurie----It is always hard to eat right at special events and on weekends. Kuddos to you!

This morning was 50 minute of intervals on the elliptical.

Morning Ladies,

Got in my Combat 60 workout last night, and it was much more fun the second time around. :D Tonight I'm going to double up on workouts, since I took Sunday as another off day. Power Hiit and Combat 30 will be on tap for after work.

Karen, Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee. :( Glad that you where able to get in a couple of great workouts though. I think a lot of people have the problem with eating. DD is doing really well with college, she isn't back in session until next week. Hope to see her one more time before that though. She just dropped off all her laundry and left. :rolleyes: Hope your dd had a great b'day! :D

Sam, So sorry to hear about the dog situation, but you are right it probably is for the best. I don't know of anyone at the moment, but will be on the lookout.

Brenda, Glad to hear that Bandit is doing better, but it has to be hard to see him going through all that. I really had to make sure that I just had a taste of things. That was the easiest way for me to do this, and I only had a small portion of the cake. ;)

heartymax, Glad to hear that ds is catching up on his homework. I know that I pushed my youngest to get hers done when she was out. She even stayed after school to get help for her math. Hope today is a better day for you. :D

Have a wonderful day!

Hi all,

Today I did burn sets upper body.

Laurie, that should be some workout tonight.:D My hurt knees go back to the injury in my yoga back in Sept. Is she not living with you during her time off?

heartymax, Keeping the weights at that weight is probably better for you shoulders anyway. Glad DS is better and getting back on track.

Brenda, how do you like the barre work in the leg workout. I skipped that part when I did it. Glad Bandit is doing a bit better. I would like to know what kiind of knee brace you use also. There are so many of them out there.

Sam, sorry about all the problems with your dog. How sad, but I have heart herding dogs need to herd. A farm would be a good thing maybe. How about a time to trade thing on the radio. Do you guys have anything like that there? Maybe even Craigslist. Then you could meet the people who were taking the dog. I guess I would just start off where you left off on Xtrain. Take care and I hope it all works out.

Have an awesome day.

Hello!

Well, my chest and shoulders are feeling yesterdays workout. This morning was cardio leg blast and abs but I had to skip the abs as I ran out of time.

The body shop is able to get my car in earlier than expected to fix the damage from the deer hit. That's good.

Sam - Sounds like a cute dog. I'll check around by me. I'm around enough farmers that maybe I could find someone that would be interested.

Heartymax - I wear one that has velcro above and below the knee and an open gap in the back where you bend and then the knee cap is open. It has extra support along each side of the knee. I don't recall the brand name of it but I got it at Walmart. I'm obviously able to bend my knee like normal but its not too bad. It helps so I deal with it. :)

Laurie - Power Hiit and Combat 30... sounds tough but fun. :)

Karen - I didn't' mind the barre part. It wasn't real long so that helped. I'll have to write down the name of it and let you guys know.

Back to the grind stone. Work has continued to be INSANE :eek:

Take Care All!
Brenda

Hi ladies!

I managed to get in about half of the bi's and tri's workout yesterday evening. I stopped working out in the morning and it's really hurt my consistency. I didn't get anything in yet today, either. I think I'm going to chalk today up as a rest day and try to get up a little earlier to do Legs tomorrow. Though, I can't do all 80 minutes.

Brenda- Thanks for asking around. I'm sure there's more chance of finding someone in your neck of the woods than mine. What section would you suggest skipping of the Legs workout? I do not have 80 minutes to work out most days, but I can deal with an hour.

Karen- I'm going to try Craigslist next. I'm determined to meet the person who takes him. There's not a major rush or anything (DS seems to have at least temporarily learned his lesson), so I want to make sure I find a great home for him.

Laurie- Thanks for keeping it in mind for me. Every time I think we don't have to find him a new home, he does something that shows me he'd probably be happier elsewhere.

Heartymax- Thanks for the kind words. I dislike all chest work :confused:.... but nothing is worse than push ups!

Now that we've realized there really isn't any hurry to get Elliot out of the house, dealing with it has been a lot easier. I just keep telling myself I've been taking care of someone else's dog and I have to return him soon. It's still sad, but I also remind myself I'm not going to settle for someone I'm less than completely comfortable with.

DS got his stitches out today, and he looks so much better. Have a great evening, everyone.

SUPERCUTS!!! I love it. It was so much fun. Okay----did Cathe really think I would have enough energy at the end to do 8 sets of 5 fast paced sits followed by 5 fast paced push ups. YIKES---well, I got in 5 sets. maybe next time or the time after that or time after that I will get in 8.

They are starting a biggest loser challenge at work so I am cheering on a few of my colleagues. The challenge last 12 weeks I think. Another coworker (who is not in the challenge) told me that she got on her bike and worked out 30 minutes before coming to work because she knows that we talk about our workouts and she wanted to be able to say that she worked out too. We all just laughed because it was funny and she said that sure made her accountable and got out that bed.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 3 legs. I like this leg workout much better than the one in Xtrain.

Heartymax, sounds like a fun workout. I think I will try that one soon. Would you say it is mostly cardio? Neat that the girl at work is working out.

Sam, I did the leg workout at is and it came in at 54 min. or so, I think. The main workout just leaves out the barre work. Glad you have come to terms with everything regarding your dog.

Brenda thanks for the info on the knee braces. Glad your car is getting fixed sooner than later. Nice workouts.

Hi Laurie.

Have a great day.

Good morning! I just finished XTrain Legs. I did the premix that includes the standing and floor work, plus the rear delts bonus. I thought it was excellent, and I generally hate leg workouts :p My legs felt good and worked, and I thought the rear delt bonus did exactly what it was intended to do. I can see how doing the 80 minute premix listed in the rotation would be exhausting, and would probably be overkill for me at this point anyway.

Heartymax- Something about a challenge really motivates people. It's great that you can support your coworkers. I can't wait till Supercuts shows up on the schedule. I think it's the one I'm most looking forward to trying.

Karen- I think if I had done the barre section, the floor section would have been impossible. As it was, I had to quit early on the last floor exercise.

Today is cleaning day, so I better get to it. Have a good one, everyone.

Good Afternoon!

This morning was Burn sets bi's & tri's. I added core #1 section onto it since I didn't do abs yesterday and I added 100 jacks and 100 ski jumps. My arms are pumped!! On the bi's I did the first 2 sets on all the exercises at 20#'s the failure set I went down to 15's. I had really good strength this morning. I matched Cathe on the tri's.

Sam - I was going to recommend the premix that you did. I have legs tomorrow and that's the one I'm going to do too. I guess the 80 min one is something to work up to. :) Glad DS got his stitches out. Poor little thing.

Heartymax - I love Supercuts too. When Cathe came along with those 8 set of sit-ups and push-ups, I thought of the same thing... what??? I did manage to do all 8 sets (ended up not moving as fast as them but I got them done) and boy were my abs sore the next day and the next day. ;) That's pretty neat the your work is doing a biggest loser challenge.

Karen - I like the cardio leg blast in XTrain. Not super fond of the legs dvd though. I still do love Plyo legs from STS too.

I saw on the open discussion that Cathe posted something about Cathe TV. I need to check to see what that's all about.

Have a great afternoon!
Brenda

Hard Strikes was up for today but I was not in the mood and so I did All Out instead. The workout has some fun factor to it. I did some of Core 1 but not all of it. Skipped those banana moves.

Brenda---I am going to keep at it until I can do those 8 sets. I just don't think I will ever be able to keep up at Cathe and the crews pace. WAY TO FAST!

Sam---Legs is the only workout I haven't done yet. I am hearing mixed reviews. I don't have 83 minutes to workout in the mornings either so I will either premix or move to a Saturday.

Karen---yep! many people are saying STS is preferred because Xtrain weight is not heavy enough. I am not sure if there is a reason people are not just going heavier on Xtrain or if it has something to do with the number of reps. I haven't done it yet so I will get to share my opinion next week when I have it in the rotation.

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, but I had a really busy day from the time I woke up. :rolleyes: I got in Power Hiit and Combat 30 on Tuesday. Yesterday was no workout, had to pick up my car and then by the time I got home I needed to make dinner. Of course it was so much more fun to snuggle on the couch with DH later. :D Tonight will be Combat 45, and I think I will get in Plyo Hiit. Still debating that one.

Karen, Have you tried all the workouts in XTrain? It is good that you can pull out a workout that you enjoy. DD has a house off campus, so she is spending her time away from us. :rolleyes: Not something that I'm happy with, but she has been independent since she was two years old. ;)

Brenda, WTG on the weights for you bi's and tri's, that is so awsome that you are going to failure. Yes that combo was tough but fun. I'm still feeling some soreness in my chest from all those push-up/burpee moves. ;)

Sam, Sounds like you have a great attitude about Elliot, I'm sure that you will find him a great home. ;) Also glad to hear that your DS stitches turn out ok.

heartymax, Sounds like your office is really motivated to lose weight. My sister has been asking me questions, and also was out running. I'm so willing to support her in what she wants to try. :eek: You skipped the bananas! :eek: I don't blame you.

DH said to me this morning that he was surprised that he has lost weight! I pointed out to him that he is eating more fruit and veggies, and he is watching his portions.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Today I did To The Max extreme.

Laurie, yes snuggling on the couch is much better than a workout. I have done all the workouts in Xtrain except supercuts and the low impact one.

heartymax, the leg workout is not bad, just not her usual. I always expect to be challenged right away, not having to add more weight, ankle weights etc. I didn't try it adding more of all that stuff. I am sure it would be great. Maybe the people haven't tried it more than once. I know I haven't. I will give it another try using more and heavier weight.

Brenda, sounds like you just like Plyo:) Nice job on the bi's and tri's and matching Cathe with those 35 yikes.

Sam, glad you found a premix you liked.

Off to work. Have a great day.

Good morning! I woke up with DOMS right in that glute/hamstring sweetspot. Love it! I just finished All Out Low Impact Hiit. I really liked it. It sort of reminded me of Afterburn or Cardio Supersets, without as much weighted stuff. I did core #1 with it. I much preferred that one to core #2.

Karen- I think ignorance is bliss for me. Since I don't have STS, I have nothing to compare them to. Also, I'm a bit de-conditioned right now. I've read a lot of comments from people saying these aren't challenging enough, so maybe that's why I'm liking them :D

Laurie- Snuggling on the couch is way preferable to a workout ;) My DH is a chair-man, it's all I can do to get him to sit on the couch with me now and then. :rolleyes:

Heartymax- I skipped the bananas, too. They're way too hard on my lower back. I just did regular oblique crunches instead.

Brenda- I remember seeing that sit-up push-up thing on preview and thinking.. ummm no. :D I might have to cheat and do Supercuts before it's on the schedule.

This afternoon we're all going to a preschool to check it out for DS. I had been planning to homeschool, but we changed our plans fairly recently due to a number of factors. Anyway, I've been checking out different schools in the area, and assuming this one has openings for next year, I think it'll be a great choice.

Have a great day!

Good Afternoon!

This morning I had legs. I did the premix with the standing, floor, and rear delts. It went about 56 min or something like that. I would have to say Legs is probably my least favorite out of all the XTrain workouts. I really dislike the floor work. My butt will be feeling that tomorrow I have a feeling. :)

Heartymax - I didn't do the 1RM for XTrain. I did for STS when that came out. I use Cathe's weight as my gauge and then if I think I may need to go lighter or heavier, I bring out another set of dumb bells and I change gears if I feel its too light or heavy.

Laurie - I have to agree with everyone... snuggling with DH sounds much nicer than working out. ;) I feel so much better when I stick with my fruits and veggies. I always feel like yuck after I eat something I really shouldn't have.

Karen - How did you like TTM Extreme? I haven't done that workout in a while.

Sam - I sent out an email to family and friends last night to help try and find a home for Elliot. I'll let you know if I have any luck. I have a feeling I'll be on board with those DOMS in the glutes tomorrow. :)

Back to work I must go.

Have a great afternoon/night!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.