Buff Badgers week of August 23

kaykay

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Yesterday went for a 31 mile bike ride on my single bike and DH on his single bike. First time riding with him, not on the tandem. Today I am doing KCM muscle definition and abs.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

The youth activity on Sat. here at our house went well. I think all the kids had a good time. We had a good group this year. Watched on the side of out house a video on creation and then had the bonfire. The cookout and swimming were fun.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

No workout for yet today, but hoping to get in something light after work. That is all I think that my feet can take. :eek: This weekend was way better than last, but last night my stomach started acting up. Better this morning, but still not feeling 100% DD had a great day in pickle tips, she made $115. She is hoping for some big numbers on the pickle count, she will get that money next weekend.

Karen, Your evening with the youth sounds great, and I'm glad that they enjoyed themselves. WTG on the bike ride.

Have a great day!

HI there! My weekend was pretty nice. I had purchased (off eBay) Cathe's MMA Kickbox. This came in the mail Saturday so it was my workout that day. That was a good workout, liked the core work. Sunday was my rest day so I just walked Ruby. Today is Step,Jump & Pump.

Karen, did you prefer to ride solo or in tandem? Is one way harder than the other? Glad you all had a nice evening!

Laurie, hope you didn't catch what I had last weekend. It was a few days before I felt back to normal. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!

Have a good day! Susan

Karen - I'm also curious how riding on the single bike compares to the tandem. Sounds like a fun activity for your youth group.

Laurie - Pickle tips?

Susan - Glad you're feeling better. I think I've only done MMA Kickbox once. Too much other stuff to do.

Sorry I haven't been around much. Dealing with car problems on the vehicle we were going to replace this year anyway so doing some car shopping and getting the old car ready to trade in by washing it up inside and out. Haven't been working out much so that's not good. :( Got this week off to a better start though by doing KCM Circuit Burn Workout #2 this morning. I did KCM Circuit Burn Workout #1 on Saturday and yesterday was spent doing lots of housework. DS had his 2 football scrimmages on Saturday and MAN WAS IT HOT! I think all the football players standing on the sidelines were blocking our breeze. DS drank all his water plus 2 more water bottles.

Good Morning,

Today is our group bike ride if it doesn't rain. I think the single bike is harder and I would much rather ride the tandem. Maybe when I ride it more and can shift better and get the right cadence for hills and the like I will enjoy it more.

Sue, I was wondering what pickle tips were too. Maybe selling pickles?:D Do you like Circuit Burn? I am doing both sections tomorrow. Can't imagine putting all that gear on for football and then actually moving too.:eek:

Susan, SJP used to be the workout I did every other day when I first started with Cathe. Love that workout. Nice you could get MMA off of ebay. Her ab work in all the MMA are good.

Laurie, what did you end up doing as far as a workout goes? Hope you are feeling better today. I need a job like your DD.

My parent's came to visit yesterday to bring me a bunch of tomatos and other produce from their garden.

DS has his first soccer game today.

Have a wonderful day.

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I sat on the couch and folded laundry, so no workout was done. Just didn't have the energy by the end of the day. We are having shut-down week here, and there is no a/c in the office. I almost fell asleep sitting at my desk yesterday! :eek: This morning was still a little sore in the feet, so did Abs Diet for Women Workout, and I must say I really liked it. It started off with a very short warm up, and then went into (2) ab sections. Following that was interval cardio, that was very much like Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. It started of with a very long running in place, and then you started with a 30 sec. interval and proceeded to 90 sec and then back down. After that was weights, and since this is the first time I have done this workout I opted for 8# weights. Next time I will up to 10#. This was a circuit workout, so she hit each mucsle with one exercise and then did the whole circuit again. After that where a short Pilates and Yoga section. My reason for buying this workout was because of Jessica Smith, and I'm still liking this girl. :D

Susan, The MMA workouts are some of my favorite ones for the core work in them. I also like using this one with weighted gloves.

Sue, DD17 is selling pickles at the faire, and she gets all her money in cash. She gets tips and $.15 per pickle, so Sunday the $115 was just tips. We will find out on Saturday how much she made in her pickle sales, I would guess it will be around $100. Sorry to hear that your car is giving you problems, what type of car are you looking at?

Karen, Hope your day is rain free. I feel much better today, but last night the couch seem much more fun to try. I was at least productive while on the couch. LOL :eek: All the people at faire are wanting DD's summer job right now, even her boyfriend doesn't make that much money working 4 days a week. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

HI ladies! Today was CTX Upper Body and the elliptical.

Last night DH and I finally gave in to DD and bought her a new guinea pig. He sure is a cutie! She is thrilled.:D

Karen,hope it doesn't rain on your ride! Looks like it's going to rain here soon!

Laurie, I totally understand about having no energy. Especially when you are in heat all day. Ya just feel "blah".

Sue, what kind of vehicle are you thinking about?

Have a good night! Susan

Good Morning,

Yesterdays ride was good 35 miles. Today I am doing the 59 min premix of KCM Circuit burn.

Susan, a new guinea pig--cool. What is it's name? Nice workout.

Laurie, where did you get the Abs Diet or Women? I like Jessica also. Laundry max is an important workout for the family.:)

Have a great day.

Hello! Today is IMAX 2 and then lawn mowing. I'll be pooped!:confused:

Karen, glad to see it didn't rain for your ride last night! The guinea pig's name is Pepper cause he is the color of pepper. He's very sweet.

Much cooler today (72). Reminds me of Fall. Looking forward to it!

Well, I better go workout before I talk myself out of it!:D

Have a great day- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today I visited with Jessica Smith again and did 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Body. DD17 has her Senior pictures scheduled for today, DH has someone coming to look at our noisy washing machine, and I have to go with dd17 to register her for school. After that is grocery shopping. Can't believe that they start school next week.

Susan, It can be hard to resist those pets, sounds like you got yourself a good guinea pig though. Good thing that the heat is way down today, have a great time with IMAX 2! I had to wear sweats this morning on the dog walk.

Karen, Glad you where able to get in your bike ride. I think that I got the workout from Target, but I know that Collage does sell it to. Seems like laundry max never ends though! :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone!! I have been so MIA! Just got back Sun night from flying DD18 (the youngest :() to Boston to start college. She is enjoying it, but I am not sure about this empty nester stuff. It was so hard to say goodbye. The week before that it was helping DS24 drive out to VA where he is starting law school :eek:

The visited DD21 who is not feeling well :( and this week teachers have started back to school. Classes begin next Wed.

Anyway I did what I could, a little running, some stationary bike, oh, and I did Cathes travel fit. It´s good for what it´s designed for.-

But lots of eating of lots of great food means that now I´m back to regular exercise!

Sue, have you decided what kind of car you want?
Laurie, that is a ton of pickle tips for DD...good for her!
Karen, the youth group activity sounds like it went really well. Wasn´t it last year that things didn´t go so great? I especially like the idea of showing a movie on the side of the house!:)
Susan, good luck with Pepper! Will he stay in a cage? My lawn needs mowing too, but I´m pretty comfortable just sitting here! When do you start back to school?

Nice to be back!

Good Morning

Yesterday I ended up doing CTX upper body and 10 min solutions ab and stretch. Today I am really not sure. Had Turbofire 60 up but might want to run or do the cardio part of circuit burn... and the list goes on.

Lala, glad you are back from all your traveling. I'll bet it was hard leaving your last one at college.Time really does go by quickly. Hope DD21 starts feeling better soon. Last year was the year it didn't go extremely well, but this year were more of the typical children instead of the very strange ones. Sounds like you did your part at getting workouts in. That in itself is some accomplishment. School starts here on Wed. also.

Laurie, how did your Daughters senior pictures go? hopefully your washer is quieter now. Do you think that knockout workout is just intermediate? I did it once and it seemed like it stopped to much.

Susan, after Imax 2 and mowing did you have any energy left? Cute name for a guinea pig. My favorite season is also fall but I am not ready for it yet. I still need more summer. I really like the warm weather also. You do know what comes after fall?:eek:

Hi Sue.

I get to work 2 hours tonight for the 4K open house. Next week is the one for my children. My DD turned 18 last week. Very strange how the Dr.s will only talk to her because she is now an adult. :rolleyes:

Morning BB's,

Today is yoga day so I did PY4H Strong, Free & Happy. Made the calf muscles feel so much better, I was surprised that they where still hurting from the Abs Diet workout. Guess all the running in place made those calf muscles really sore. :eek:

Lala, So good to hear from you, but so sorry to hear that the empty nester has arrived. I don't know how I will handle that when the time comes. Sorry to hear that DD21 isn't feeling well, is she pretty close to you that you can visit her? Our girls start on Thurs., because Wed is for 7th and Freshman first day. Guess they give them a day to get there classrooms down before the whole school decends upon them. :rolleyes:

Karen, Isn't it amazing how you can have all these workouts, and still not really know what you want to do for the day. Are you working at the school this year? DD17's pictures went really well, and it sounds like it might be difficult to choose which ones we will want. I had that experience with oldest DD's doctors when it came to them asking about sex! :eek: I was basically kicked out of the room. Washer is quieter, but now there is a burning rubber smell. :( I would say that workout is Intermediate, and yes like all 10 min. Solution workouts it does stop when they go to the next section. I can deal with that pretty much.

Have a great day!

Karen - Yes, I like Circuit Burn a lot. You can modify the cardio either up or down and it burns tons of calories. I don't feel like I get much of a upper body OR lower body workout with this one so I would do it in conjunction with other weight workouts. I haven't tried the ab workout yet though. Let me know if you have any problems with your dvd. It froze and I didn't have any sound on my normal dvd player but it works fine on my portable dvd player so I've been using that.

Karen/Laurie - I don't like the idea of being kicked out of the Dr.'s! I'm still the Mom! LOL

Laurie - DD just got her yearbook from last year and I was paging through it yesterday. Quite a variety of styles for the senior pictures. We just did head shots back when I was a senior. Boring!

Lala - Wow! You've really been traveling a lot. Good job doing what you can. I hope my kids don't go off to college so far away as yours but that's just me being selfish. ;) At least I have a few years (3) yet to worry about that.

Susan - How is Pepper? Cute name. Reminds me of Dr. Pepper.

We're looking at Hyundai Sonata, Ford Focus, Toyota Camry and others in that range. I like Hyundai's 5 year/50,000 warranty on new cars but DH wants to look at used, too. The only thing is most used we've seen are 2007 and 2008 and most of the warranty is gone. You can buy extended warranty for $1500 but that's with a $500 deductible. We keep our cars a long time so it's a big decision for us.

Yesterday I did Tonique Drills, Squats and Lunges. Don't know if I'll ever make it to the mat work on this one. And if I do, what will my legs and butt feel like the next day?! :eek: Did MuscleMax Upper premix this morning. Felt good to lift heavy again.

Open House for DS tonight. DD doesn't have Open House until the 2nd day of school! How messed up is that? First football game is Saturday. Oh, DS was voted co-captain by the coaches so we're proud of him for that. :D

Starting to feel DOMS set in from Tonique. . . Ow, ow, ow!

Howdy! Today was Muscle Endurance. Forgot how much she likes step ups in this one. Thought I'd never be done with them! I like that workout though.

Sue, Pepper is one happy pig. He's doing really well and eating like a pig!:) DH and I know we need to probably get a different van soon too. It's a big decision and like you, we keep our vehicles a long time so we want it to last! Congrats to DS for being co-captain!

Laurie, sorry washer still isn't back to normal. :( Glad DD had fun with the pictures.

Karen, well, I wasn't too bad after all that exercise yesterday! Made sure I didn't sit for too long though, probably fall asleep! Legs werea little tight today so they weren't too happy when I had to do squats and lunges!

Lala, kids go back next Wednesday and I go back on Monday. Still need to get shoes for them. They got their gym shoes but I forgot they need regular school shoes! Pepper stays in his cage unless we take him out to snuggle, play,walk around on the tile floors. DD is constantly taking him out to hold. She "just can't help it!". ;)

Have a good night ladies!

Susan

Today was Hiit pyramids and in to work. Will probably have to go in for a while tomorrow, too.

Susan, I know what you mean with all those step ups. One of the high step workouts is like that too...only worse!

Karen, the idea that at 18 Drs. and others can´t tell us anything unless our kids sign a waiver bugs me!! Same thing at colleges with grades, etc.

Sue, congrats to DS! And good luck with the car hunting. That will be us in about a year...I hope our cars hang on that long!

Laurie, I´m going to have to check out those workouts you´re using...they sound interesting...you have a real selection!

Morning BB's,

This morning started out with me taking the dog out, and then seeing toilet paper all over our trees. The kids where kind enough to leave us some full rolls of 2-ply. :D This is the 3rd time that we have been tp'd, and I'm getting a little annoyed with it. From what DD said, it probably will happen again during homecomming with Senior/Junior wars. :rolleyes: Guess there is one Junior girl that doesn't like my DD. When the dog starts barking in the middle of the night (like last night), I'm sending her out the door. :eek: I was able to get in a short workout, so I chose 10 Days to a Better Body Upper. That is such a great workout.

Sue, We keep our cars for a long time to, and I'm getting close to needing a new vehicle. :( I told DH we should start doing some test drives to try and figure out what kind of vehicle we want, so we are ready when my van dies. They really do have a huge variety, and you will get mailings from photographers that can paper your wall! :rolleyes: DD had three different photographers, and I don't know how many changes of clothes. In one picture she posed with her track shoes. The photos will be ready in about two weeks. Hope your DOMS are ok today!

Susan, LOL about the endless step ups. :D Yep that one has a lot of them. Our washer has stopped the burning rubber smell, apparently the part that was installed has to seet(sp?), so that is why it was smelling.

Lala, I have been enjoying these workouts so far, it is nice to get in different instructors.

Have a great day!

Hi there! Today was Kick,Punch,Crunch. This is probably one of my Cathe favorites. :D

Laurie, sorry to hear about the TPing. What a pain. I can definetly wait for that stuff to happen. Our neighbors get that a lot!

Nothing big planned for the weekend. Dh said something about maybe going camping....The weather is supposed to be great!

Enjoy ladies!!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.