Buff Badgers Week of April 29th

heartymax

Cathlete
I walked on the elliptical on Saturday and Sunday. Today was STS Back and Triceps---disc 8. I don't have good form on crossbody kick backs so for the drop sets I did double arm overhead extensions instead.

The weather was in the high 60's all weekend. Not bad--but I could use a little more sunshine.

DS15 has started working on the media ministry at church with his dad and he seems to really like it. Now, he has to coordinate his schedule to make sure it don't conflict with his usher ministry which he has been doing a long time.

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

This morning was Workout 1 of JMBR. Worked in the yard all morning on Saturday, and took care of a patch of dead grass on Sunday. We have a good pile of brush for pick-up, and I moved a lot of BIG rocks around. Felt great to get sore from working outdoors. What a great weekend for weather. ;)

Youngest is doing really well in track this year, but on Friday they where still running at 10:50 at night. Apparently they where having problems with the timing equipment. She didn't get home until after midnight. :eek:

heartymax, It sure was nice to have some sun for a change. :D Your DS sounds like he is very busy. ;)

Have a great day!

Hello! Saturday was S90 Tabata,and Sunday was a 45mn hike with the dog. Today I start my new 4 week rotation. I will be doing 2-a-days, 4 days a week,cardio in the AM and strength after work. So, today was the elliptical for 40mn and tonight will be S90 Chest & back followed by Ab RipperX. The other 2 days I work out will be 1 workout days. Sundays are my "off" days.

Hearty, the weather was gorgeous here. We got a lot of yeard work done and our shed cleaned out. It was so nice. :)

Have a good Monday! Susan

Good morning! I did do a workout Saturday, Power Circuits from CTX, just the cardio. Yesterday I spent most of my day helping out my mom and cousins with the final steps of getting the apartment cleaned out. It's over! I did manage to spend a little time outside with DS this weekend, too.

DH and I spent a couple hours Saturday night planning a little getaway for our 10th anniversary in June. We're planning on a resort in Lake Geneva. I'm so excited! We took a trip to Door County for our 5th, and never went on a honeymoon, so a vacation just with him is a real treat!

Not sure what I'll do today, yet. It's TTOM and I'm not feeling very well. I'll probably do some easy-ish step.

Heartymax- I bet media ministry is fun to work on. I hope he can find time for both.

Susan- That's a tough schedule. I've thought of working out twice a day, but can never get in the habit.

Laurie- DH did a lot of yard work over the weekend, too. We're at a loss over what to do with our yard, though. He says he's going to call a landscaper to help us come up with ideas.

Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited:
Hi, Fri. I ran 5 1/2 miles, Sat. I ran 4 1/2 miles, Sun. I did 30 min. split KCM upper body and then lower floor from GS and today I ran 5 1/2 miles.

Sam, your anniversary planning sounds fun. It is always nice to get away.

Susan, the hike sounds nice. It was so nice to have sun and warmer temps. You are very energetic to workout more than once a day.

Laurie, glad you got a workout in while doing yard work. sometimes that's the best way to do it.

Have a great day.

Sam---you must be excited gearing up for celebrating 10 years. Sounds like fun.

I want my sunshine back ladies!!! It is cloudy here and cool for the next few days.

Today's workout was Intensity Step and Hiit Lo premix.

Good Morning!

I ate my lunch outside yesterday and I forgot to post last night. I have to make this fairly quick.

Saturday was HC Vol 2 instead of the legs I did cardio blasts and added cardio blasts at the end. Sunday was rest day. Monday I did Disc 7 from Meso 1, Chest, shoulders, and biceps. This morning was Tabatacise followed by CF plyo tabata.

Weekend was busy between cleaning parents house, grocery shopping, yard work, running errands with DH, and Saturday afternoon went to a Vibrant Health Expo at the Washington County Fair Park for a little while. Was interesting. Picked up lots of info.

We got good news about my sister. The melanoma is localized to the lymph node under her arm. She goes in for surgery on Monday May 6th.

Heartymax - Great job on the workouts!! I like crossbody kickbacks.

Laurie - Wasn't it nice to get outside to do yard work. Loved it!!

Susan - I'd love it if I could workout two times a day but my schedule doesn't allow that. Kudo's to you!!

Sam - Coming up on 10 years.. how exciting. Hope you feel better. That darn TTOM.

Karen - Did it feel good to get outside and get some running in. I'm loving these warmer temps.

Gotta fly.

Enjoy your day!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Workout 2 of JMBR! :D

Susan, Sounds like a great 4 week rotation. Once track and dance class is over for my youngest, I'm hoping to add in some additional workouts.

Sam, Sounds like a great plan for your 10th. Brian and I are planning on going to a Nascar race for our 25th. I know really romantic, but we both enjoy racing. ;) It is always hard to come up with landscaping ideas.

Karen, Are you getting any of the new KCM workouts? I was looking at the new kickboxing one. Sounded like something that I would enjoy.

heartymax, Sorry to hear that the sun has vanished. :( We are cloudy right now, but it is suppose to be really warm today.

Brenda, So glad to hear the good news about your sister! It was nice to get outside, but I think that it started up the allergies. Puffy eye and feeling something in my nose. :p

Have a great day!

Good morning. Well, no workout again yesterday. Once the cramps went away, I was sooooooo tired. I just wanted to nap the day away. I didn't, but didn't get much of anything else done, either. Today I feel much better. I need a good comeback workout after the time off. I think I might do the upper body circuit premix from Low Impact Circuit.

Laurie- 25 years! Congrats to you! You gotta do what you love. Bryan and I like eating at fancy restaurants and being lazy, so Lake Geneva is perfect for us :D

Heartymax- We're looking at a few days of cool weather and clouds after this warm spell is over, too. I'm trying to enjoy each day for what it is, but I wish the warm stuff would just be here to stay!

Brenda- That is great news to hear about your sister! Sounds like a very busy weekend.

Karen- I bet it felt good to get out and run. I've even had the urge myself. Maybe this weekend when DH is home.

My mom is taking DS and me out to lunch today, and I'm meeting her at one, so I better get a move on. It's hard with the lovely weather. I feel like eating a muffin with my coffee out on our tiny balcony and getting some sun. :D

Have a great day!

Hi, today I did HoCo yr. 2 Oct. 101 and muscle definition KCM 2nd 30 min. workout.

Sam, hope you are feeling better. Did you get a workout in? It did feel great to get out and run. I like running in warm weather where I don't have to think about how I dress.

Laurie, I am debating on the KCM workouts. I already have all of hers and this one doesn't look much different. Also I don't click with her kickboxing like some other instructors.

Brenda, nice you got to eat lunch outside. The sun felt so good. To bad it is gone and the cold is coming back. You put together a great workout using the HoCo.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi there! So today was PlyoX, and that was enough!:D My chest is sore from yesterdays strength training...

Laurie, where my DH would probably love going to Nascar for our 25th (in 3 years) but I am hoping for Hawaii!:p

Sam, sorry your cycle is causing you grief!:( Hope you enoyed your lunch!

Hi Karen, the ice melting up there yet?;) My DH has been calling the General Store every week to get teh low down!

Well, best get a move on Ruby wants her walk!
~ Susan

Sam---hope today is a better day.

Brenda---that is good news about your sister. Keep us posted on the surgery.

DH has been on the elliptical lately and said that he wanted something else to do. I finally convinced him to try a Cathe strength training workout. A couple of days ago, He asked to preview something and I suggested a Meso 1 since it has the guys in it an dis more "manly". Well---I think all those push ups scared him away. He asked again yesterday so i decided to put him Xtrain Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps. It has guys, short and not a lot of equipment. DH needs to work on his form a bit and he was very funny during the workout. He was determined not to let Cathe out do him, but I think he realized my workouts are not cheesy also. He was making all kind o faces by the time he got to the Total Failure sets...:D. I told him that he will get better if he keeps at it. Anyway, today is DH bday so we will grab dinner this evening.

My workout today was Meso 1 Disc 9 legs....I know I will remember this tomorrow.

Hi again! This morning was Cardio Challenge (S90) and tonight wil be shoulders/arms/abs.

Hearty, I keep trying to get DH to come and do one of my workouts. He keeps saying how it can't be that hard.... One of these days... Glad your DH tried it and I hope he liked it enough to try another one! HAppy Birthday to him and enjoy your dinner.

Hope you all have a good day!

Stay strong~ Susan

Hi, Today is KPC.

Susan, the ice has mostly melted, at least where I can see. I think the middle of the lake still has some ice on it. Don't know what it is like where your cabin is. Probably close to the same. I remember doing Plyo X once and I thought it was hard.

Heartymax, Cathe is harder than she looks is what I guess DH found out. She makes it look so easy. I love STS's leg workouts--all of them.

Have a volleyball tournament and soccer this weekend. Softball has started up too. Thankfully track is almost over. Last dance recital until fall is Sun. also.

Have a great day. Rain rain go away

Morning Ladies,

Cardio 1 of JMBR! I really do enjoy this workout. :D

Sam, Sorry to hear about the cramps. :( I feel for you. ;) Yep we have our anniversary in Aug, but it doesn't seem that long. :D Guess that is a good thing.

Karen, I think I remember that about KCM's kickboxing. I actually enjoy her non-step kickboxing workouts. I'm with you on the dance and track ending. I'm looking forward to not having to run to dance every Thur and Fri. DD's recital is next Saturday, and the rehearsal is Thurs. She also has a track meet on that Thurs., but it is a fundraiser type meet. Last year we had call to the coach to get this one straightened out.

Susan, We would really like to go to England, but really can't afford it right now. So the Nascar race is the next best thing. :eek: Great workouts you have done! Love Cardio Challenge.

heartymax, Happy Birthday to your DH! Glad that he did the workout, mine won't even attempt any form of exercise. :D Just not his thing.

Have a great day!

Good morning! I ended up doing All Out Low Impact Hiit yesterday. My rear end is sore from being inactive for a week and then suddenly being used :p I plan to do Jari Love's Ripped and Chiseled later today. I've got a ton of cleaning to do this morning.

Heartymax- Too funny about your DH! Bryan has weird form when he tries Cathe's workouts too, but he makes no secret of how tough it is for him.

Laurie- I'm hoping by our 25th we can afford Ireland (sigh...), but my parents had to wait till their 40th (I think? Somewhere around there) for that one.

Susan- From what I hear about PlyoX, I'm sure it was adequate :D Hawaii's on my list of places to go someday, too.

Karen- I only have one KCM, one of her stepboxing ones. I like it okay. I keep checking out her clips because her 30MTF series really intrigues me, but I don't think I'd click with her. I'm not sure what it is.

Hi Brenda!

Okay, off to clean. The windows are open, the cats are lying in the sunbeams, and the dog is desperately searching for somewhere cool to sleep. If that doesn't demand some spring cleaning, I don't know what does!

Have a great day.

Good Afternoon!

Had lunch outside while the temps were still warm and the sun was out. Felt great.

This morning was Disc 8 Back and Triceps.

Laurie - congrats on your 25 yr anniversary.. how exciting. Good job on the workouts. Trying to enjoy the warmer temps while they are still here since it's supposed to be dropping this afternoon.

Sam - How was your lunch with your mom? Great job on the workouts. How do you like Jari's workouts. I had one of her DVD's and ended up selling it. Don't you hate that when you can see dust as the sunbeams in the house.

Karen - KPC is one of my favorite workouts. This time of year when it's nice out I love sitting outside for lunch and getting away from my desk.

Susan - I have PlyoX and have done it a couple of times. It is a hard workout but I'm not a fan of Tony though. Cathe has spoiled me. :)

Heartymax - That must of been a little humorous watching DH do Cathe's workouts. I tried getting my DH to do some of Cathe's strength training and no luck so far. Happy Birthday to your DH!!

Gotta get back to work. Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

Morning Ladies,

Last time for the Workout 1 of JMBR this morning. Can't say that I was bored with this one yet. :D

Sam, LOL about your butt being sore from the workout. Ireland sounds like a lovely place to go also. DH and I plan on England and Scotland while we are there. One of these days we will have enough saved. ;)

Brenda, Boy did those temps drop fast! :eek: Really cold walking the dog this morning.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi today I did hi reps.

Snow day today. 9 inches and still falling. Power lines are down here in the park and trees have fallen over the road. Unless someone comes out soon we will not be leaving our area.

Laurie, glad you are liking JMBR. Are you eating well or do you think the workouts burn enough calories to eat the way you were when you were doing more workouts.

Sam, I haven't done a Jari workout in a long time. I just don't click with her. I don't do her workouts that often. I unlike Laurie, like KCM step kickboxing better than her floor.

Brenda, nice you got to have lunch outside one more day before the temps drop by you.

Have a great day.

Good morning. My lower half stayed pretty sore yesterday, so I did the Upper Body Split from CTX. I had never done that particular premix before. What a great workout. I was shaky by the end.

Brenda- I really like Jari's original "Get Ripped" workouts, not the "1000s" or "Extremely" ones. She says goofy stuff sometimes and talks about carbs too much :rolleyes: but I always feel good after the workouts themselves. Ripped and Chiseled is my favorite, the bicep section is killer. Lunch was fine. Good company, crummy salad :confused:

Karen- I understand not clicking with Jari. She can be pretty goofy :) So sorry about the snow. Ugh.

Laurie- The temps did drop quickly, but it looks like we'll be back to semi-warmth next week again.

Hi Susan! Hi Heartymax!

I'm off to do some sorta cardio. Have a great day, everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.