BUFF BADGERS Week of 9/12-9/16

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

I tried out some of the other 10lb Slimdown Xtreme workouts on Saturday. I did the lower and upper body. The lower body is in the Advanced range, the upper is intermediate/adv. My butt is still sore this morning. Yesterday I kept say to DH, "Have I told you how much my butt hurts!":eek:

Yesterday we went to UWW to visit our oldest. Well we actually went to get her some grocerys, and DH wired up the muffler on her car so that it wouldn't be dragging anymore. :D We took the 442 Conv. there, and it sure was a beautiful day for a drive like that.

I was going to try out another of the Xtreme workouts this morning, but I couldn't get the OnDemand to work. After 20 min. of fiddling around with that I didn't have enough time for a workout. I will try the OnDemand after work, they must have been doing updates. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Last edited:
Friday was the bootcamp premix on Kick Max. I neglected to remember that the drills in Kick Max are still beyond my ability, at least done that quickly.

Saturday was Low Impact Circuit. I felt really good and full of energy on Saturday.

Sunday was no workout and lots and lots of really naughty food :eek:

My low back is really bothering me today. I'm frustrated because I've been really working on my planks. I think, honestly, that I tweaked it trying to do the abs at the end of LIC. Any exercise that has me hovering my legs off the floor really seems to stress my back. So, it's been solidified, planks only for me, at least for now.

Laurie- It sounds strange to say it this way, but "butt doms" are my favorite. It's impossible to feel like I have a big butt when I get them :D I like hamstring doms, too.

I had a good weekend, as evidenced by my terrible eating yesterday (seven-layer salad and cheesey potatoes will be the death of me). We celebrated my brother's getting a teaching job at his home congregation's school. He's been working at Starbucks and waiting for a teaching job for four years since he graduated. The competition for public school teaching jobs is unbelievable, so it's great that this parochial position came along. It's also fun for me because I'm teaching fourth grade this year for the first time and so is he! We're also both teaching at schools called St. John's :).

Have a great day, everybody.

Hi there! Satuday I ran 6.76 miles. wanted to go farther but I had to go to the bathroom!:eek: Hoping to make 7 miles this Saturday. Sunday I ended up not working out as Dh and I put up a new garage door and burned a bunch of stuff in out pit and did yard work.

I bought S90 at Target for $9.98! I was so happy!:D I will be incorporating it with my running. I run every T-Th-Sa, so I will work it around that. Today I started off with Chest/Back. That sure was a doozy! It doesn't look as hard as it is! My upper body is sore! I think that one guy does the moves too fast and I tend to follow the other guy who goes a little slower. I took my measurements again and we'll see how it goes!

Sam, we all have days where we eat what we shouldn't. If we didn't we'd go crazy! I am sorry your back is bothering you. Are you sleeping properly? Maybe put a pillow between your knees or something?

Laurie, that was nice of you to go see DD and get her groceries! Nice day for a drive! We have a touchy "ONDEMAND" as well. Hope you are able to get a workout in later!

Have a great night! Susan

Hi all! Back from my rest week...apparently not only from exercise but also from the forum :eek: The first weeks of school are so stressful for me, though.

Yesterday I did a lovely 3+ mile run...such a great stress reliever!
Today was MM

Susan, you are training for a half, right? Do you run the full 7 miles? I´ve only gone that far maybe once and it was with the run/walk/run method. Don´t know if I could run that far with no walk breaks! OK, I am definitely checking for S90...for the price you got I guess there´s no reason to NOT get it:)

Laurie, Does DD live in an apt. or on campus? I see you´ve discovered yet another workout series!!

Sam, cheesy potatoes are my kids´ favorite, but my MIL is the one to make them!

Dropping in for a quick check in. I just got out of class. Sunday was Rhythmic Step and some planks. Today was a rest day since I have class. I am so exhausted so not sure if I will get up tomorrow either.

Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I did get my Xtreme Total Body and Buns & Thigh workout in. I will be trying out the kickboxing workout when I get home. ;)

Sam, I really don't like the cardio in Kickmax! :eek: Probably why I have such a huge dread factor for that one. ;) I secretly like to have butt doms also, probably why I kept telling DH that it was sore. :eek: Truth is it was still sore this morning. :D I LOVE seven layer salad!

Susan, Congrats on getting those workout for such a great price! You are right that one guy does only 8 reps at the most! :rolleyes: He is like that in the Total Body workout also. I got to the point that I could start the exercise when Tom starts telling you what exercises you will do. I like to get in the 12 reps. I think those workouts will be great to accompany your running. ;)

Lala, DD lives on campus, but they have a fridge and microwave in the room. She isn't a Ramen noodle fan, but she loves the mac n cheese singles that they make. :D I got her protein powder, yogurt and other misc things that she needed.

heartymax, Sorry to hear that you are so tired! :(

Have a great day!

I did Low Impact Step yesterday. That was the workout that made me fall in love with step almost a year ago. I hadn't done it in awhile, so it was like seeing an old friend. :) It was also so much easier than it used to be. I used to really struggle through those little blasts. Yesterday I had to make them high impact to get my heartrate up. Anyway, it was an ego booster after the Kick Max disaster.

Laurie, I've got major dread factor with Kick Max, too. I think I've decided I should only use it on low energy days with the premix that just has the kickbox combos and the legs stuff at the end. Those blasts are just way too hard.

Susan- I think I'm sleeping okay. I'm an insomniac / restless sleeper, so I can't sleep in a fixed position for a knee pillow. I tried to sleep with one of those body pillows when I was pregnant; what a disaster :) You beat us all on the S90 price! Enjoy the workouts.

Lala- I hope you had a good rest week. Those first few weeks of school are nuts!

Heartmax- Sorry you're feeling so tired. :(

Not sure if I'll have time to work out today. I've got lots of laundry to do, and it's grocery night! :eek: I've "discovered" Luna bars. I know they aren't exactly a whole food, but I LOVE them. I intend to buy a few more tonight.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Hi, everyone! I am actually home sick today. Feeling much better than yesterday when I had to leave work early because my stomach hurt so bad. It came out of nowhere and BAM, I was in misery for about 7 hours yesterday hoping I would throw up. I did a little and eventually I was comfortable enough to sleep. Stomach still feels jumpy today so I've been resting all day.

Needless to say, no workout today. Yesterday morning I did a 2 mile walk. Laurie - I tried those 10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme workouts, too. I did Total Body on Saturday and Lower Body on Sunday. Do you find it a struggle to find the right weight? I'll want to go heavier but the next exercise she uses the same dumbell and I need to go lighter. I like the workouts a lot so far other than that.

Sam - I can't remember the last time I did KickMax because those drills are so hard. And high impact, too, if I recall. Congrats to your brother on his teaching job. Sorry to hear about your back still hurting. Definitely avoid any exercises that you think might hurt it. For me, anything where I bend over on a 45 degree angle while standing with weights in my hands is not good. Do you take Aleve or anything to help with the pain?

Laurie - What a good mom you are to visit DD and buy her groceries at school. So how is it going for her so far? Does she like her classes and teachers? Is the kickboxing workout on Exercise TV now? Will have to check it out tomorrow if I feel up to working out.

Heartymax - I understand the exhausted feeling and not wanting to get up during the week to workout. As evidenced by my checkins, I do it often. Do what you can when you can.

Lala - Great job keeping those workouts going with the first busy weeks of school.

Susan - Great job on your run! Remember to use the bathroom before your run this time. ;) Just kidding. I've actually interrupted my run to come inside and use the restroom. I don't think that's cheating if you are trying to see how far you can run. I won't tell anyway. I was at Target on Sunday and saw S90 for $9.98 also so I'm glad you were able to pick it up. I went at my own pace for the exercises and stopped when everyone was done. I didn't even count for most exercises because I didn't want to drive myself crazy feeling like I had to rush or pause the dvd so I could catch up. As long as I'm working hard and constantly moving, I figured I was getting a good workout.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

HI ladies! Just a quick note, kind of busy at work today! I ran 4.5 miles this morning and also did core work. Tomorrow I get to try Ultimate Ball...

Sue, there were a few people here last week that went home with that bug. Glad you are feeling better.

Take care ladies. I'll try to check in later~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

Got in 10# Slimdown Xtreme Kickboxing last night. That lady doesn't stop through the whole workout. I loved it! She has a different form for her punches, but who cares about that. Today was Xtreme Lower Body and the Ab Bonus. The ab workout starts out with pilates work, and then moves onto other ab exercises. Chris's abs are amazing, and she has a tat on her lower back. That surprised me a little. :D

Sam, WTG on the improved endurance for LIC! My oldest loves the Lemon Zest Luna bars. That is one of the things that I had to buy for her this weekend. :D I agree with you on the KM blasts, that is one portion of the workout that I want to avoid.

Sue, So sorry that you where so sick. :( The weights on those exercises is one thing that I am working on also. I do go up in weight on some of the exercises, it is a work in process for me. On FB I asked her about weights, and she said that in her classes she uses 12lb, but in these workouts she used 8. I have been doing these workouts upstairs, so I only carted up 10, 8 and 5lb weights. Some of the leg and back exercises I could use 15 and 20 for sure. The kb workout was fun, and I think next time I will use weighted gloves. She does a lot of punches.

Susan, I hope you like Ultimate Ball as much as I do. That is one of my favorite ab routines.

Have a great day!

HI again! Well Ultimate Ball sure was deceiving! When I previewed it I thought "that doesn't look so bad", but actually performing it...That was tough! :eek: I do like it and hope over time to be able to master some of those moves better. I was surprised at the sweat I worked up!

Laurie, where did you get that Extreme Kickboxing, is ondemand? I see Chris on QVC selling her stuff too.

It sure was chilly walking Ruby this morning! Tomorrow it's supposed to be even colder for my morning run. Guess I better pull out the leggings!

Have a great day~ Susan

I did not work out yesterday. We ended up going out with my mom for dinner which meant no grocery shopping either :( I did get all of my grading done, though.

Sue- I hope you're feeling better! Exercises like that tend to hurt my back too if I don't elevate one of my feet. I always have to keep my step handy.

Laurie- I haven't tried the Lemon Zest variety yet, though that seems to be the one I see in the stores the most, so it must be good. My current favorite is the Blueberry Bliss. I've got a thing for blueberry Pop Tarts, and those are a nice (and much more filling) replacement. :D

Susan- Glad you enjoyed Ultimate Ball. DH tells me it's pretty difficult for him. I haven't tried it, but had the same thought as you when he was previewing it.

Have a great day everybody!

I am feeling even better than I did this morning. I think I may even workout tomorrow. If I do anything tonight it will be something easy.

Laurie - I'm glad you asked Chris the question and that I'm not the only one struggling to get the weights right. That Kickbox workout sounds like a good one but I think I'll wait a few days to try it. I like Lemon Zest Luna Bars, too.

Susan - I'm glad you thought Ultimate Ball was hard because I was surprised, too, at how much my heartrate goes up and how much I sweat. They don't look like they're working that hard on the dvd either! Maybe they take lots of breaks or something. ;)

Sam -Well, at least you got your grading done. :) I have to go grocery shopping tonight, too. Hate, hate, hate grocery shopping. It always seems to take longer than it should. Okay, rant over. :)

Have a good night everyone.

Hi everyone! Yesterday I did an *almost* 5 mi run and today was my rest day.

Susan, you will have a cold run tomorrow :( I live in denial as long as I can!

Sue, glad you are feeling better. Any clue as to what you had?

Sam, after this, I have grading to do to:( but I will watch some TV while I do it! I'm looking for a low impact cardio for tomorrow, so maybe LIS, although I'm also considering stationary biking.

So, Laurie are you considering a tat on your back a la Chris :D;)

Heartymax, get that rest in!!

Hi Karen!

HI there! Well I overslept this morning. Didn't even recall the alarm going off but DH said it did. Must have been tired I guess. So I am going to do S90 Tabata after work instead. That looks like a good one from the previews. Not looking forward to all the mountain climbers though!

Lala, maybe I overslept cause I knew how cold it was going to be out there!:eek:

Sue, glad you are feeling better. Yes, Ultimate Ball made me feel like a wimp!

Sam, my core is sore after UB yesterday. How is your DH liking S90?

Hi Laurie!
Hi Karen!
Hi Heartymax!

Have a good day~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

Xtreme Yoga for me today! Very good yoga workout, only one move that I didn't attempt. :D

Susan, I had the same feeling about Ultimate Ball, and was very surprised that it got easier and easier each time I did it. Yes Xtreme Kickboxing is OnDemand. I had a great time with it. ;) Have fun with Tabata, it really is a great workout.

Sam, I love pop tarts also, but they have to be put in the toaster first. :eek: Sorry to hear that you where not able to get all your things done. :(

Sue, Glad you are feeling better. With the lower body workout I used 10# weights. That seemed to be good with the pace of the workout. ;) Using the chair instead of my high step on that one makes those leg presses tough.

Lala, No way am I getting a tat! :eek: My oldest got one this summer. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Well, usually I love my grocery shopping night, the silence, the yummy food, the shopping.. last night, not so much. Those who get food stamps must get them on the same day? Not sure how that works, but the store was FULL of people redeeming them. I thought it was strange that there were so many families buying huge carts full of stuff. Then while I was in line for THIRTY minutes I saw that almost everybody was paying with food stamps. The family in front of me used $478 worth! The lines certainly weren't the fault of anyone, but I was going nuts. I think I sent my husband about 15 texts :) Considering the crowds and the lines, though, everyone was very polite and patient.

Before shopping, I did an oldie, Body Sculpt with Jen Carman from BSS1. That was tough back in the day, and it's still tough now (we need a sweaty smiley!).

I ordered Rhythmic Step yesterday! Woot! I ordered around two and by the time I left to shop, I had already gotten my shipping notification. I love Mary! I know I'll get it tomorrow, too.

Lala- Grading. Boo. Worst part of my job. Although I'll admit that fourth grade grading is WAY easier than middle school.

Susan- DH likes it. He complains about being sore a lot, which I love :p He's taken way too many rest days and just started month two today, but at least he's getting it done.

Laurie- Personally, I prefer my tarts straight outta the box... I can't have them in the house; I'll eat the whole box. The vending machine at my school sells them. It's a problem. :confused:

Sue- I'm so glad you're feeling better! I tried the Lemon Zest bar last night. Yum! ;)

I've been crazy hungry the last few days and think it's PMS. So this morning I had a BIG breakfast, and I'm armed with a fridge full of raw veggies and fruit; and gum for the ride home so I'm not tempted to stop and get something. I could just eat and eat and eat.

Have a great day everybody! Hello to Karen and Heartymax!

This has been a rough week for me. TTOM....and other stuff that has just had me emotionally drained. No workouts. I have to work tonight for Open House. Maybe next week will be better---physically and emotionally.

Sam----You will love your RS.

Morning Ladies,

TGIF! Today was Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing, still a good workout. ;) Looking forward to the weekend, but dang is it a busy one. Have to take dd14 to the church on Saturday to get all the information on her confirmation on Reformation Sunday. Sunday DH and I are going to Chicagoland Speedway for the race. :D Can't wait for that one.

Last night was also dd's first ballet class, and tonight she has modern dance and pointe. So my Thurs/Frid evenings are going to be very busy. ;) I like this better than the Saturday afternoon's that we have had for the last few years. ;)

Sam, Dang on the long wait at the grocery store. You either have that or the people during double coupon days. :rolleyes: You will love that RS I'm sure. It is really hard being hungry and then walking into the house. That is a huge problem for me, so I always have yogurt in my fridge.

heartymax, Hope the weekend gives you the relaxation that you need. ;)

Have a great day!

Heartymax- It's good to hear from you, but I'm sorry you had a rough week. I hope you can relax this weekend.

Laurie- How neat to have confirmation in the fall, and especially on Reformation. That's my favorite music day of the church year :)

No workout for me yesterday, I was too sleepy and sore :( I've got some great hamstring doms from all the leg presses in Body Scupt. I got my Ambien prescription refilled (finally) last night and had a FANTASTIC night's sleep :eek: so I'm hoping today I'll fit in something. What I do completely depends on when and if RS arrives!

A rather non-hectic weekend ahead. I tried to plan things for the mornings so we can have a couple of relaxing evenings.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.